Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 25th, 2013, 03:01 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: HistoryScape The Golden Age of Piracy Brainstorming Thre

I would like to sign up to playtest Robert Maynard.
Old July 25th, 2013, 03:37 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

I know I am not a member of this project, but I love these ideas. I've always tried to come up with historical customs before, but I have trouble, because I find that human soldiers are just too similar... But this project seems to find a wealth of information to make a variety of unique units with every possibility. I love where this is going.

I have an idea - instead of making a bunch of different pirate squads, why not have one core squad, possibly "Channel Pirates" or "Atlantic Plunderers" or something of the like to represent the average European pirates, then give them some pirate-ey powers to go with it.

The distinctions in nationalities/crews would come from the hero(es) in the army; the different pirate Captain heroes would each have his/her own affect on the crew based on the history behind them? Blackbeard may feature a power that makes his pirates particularly vicious, while a dignified
English privateer may instill a more disciplined atmosphere about the army.

This makes the core Pirate squad INCREDIBLY versatile, able to adequately represent buccaneers of any European country. Thus, being not particularly an evil army if they don't have a particularly evil leader, I don't think they deserve to be Utgar- I see them more as Einar (not ALL of his units are disciplined...) or Aquilla (Guerilla tactics = piratey)

The Chinese may deserve their own squad, but how
I see it, there are three squads that come to mind that should be designed:

- European Pirates
- Asian Pirates
- Royal Navy (unless Redcoats would suffice)
Old July 25th, 2013, 03:48 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

A few "Captain's Influence" type powers for Pirate heroes:

Swashbuckler's Aura-
All Pirate squad figures within 5 clear sight spaces of Pirate Captain add one to their dice when attacking or defending against an adjacent figure.

Dastardly Rabble-
All Pirate squad figures within clear sight of Pirate Captain are never attacked when leaving engagements.

Plunderer's Promise-
All Pirate squad figures you control add 3 to their roll when rolling for Treasure Glyph traps.

Privateer's Dignity-
All Pirate squad figures you control that have a clear line of sight to Pirate Captain are considered to have a Disciplined personality.

Corsair's Cutthroat-
If a figure you control picks up a Treasure Glyph within clear sight of Pirate Captain, any Pirate Squad figures you control adjacent to that figure must attack it.

Simple, thematic, interesting. Thoughts?

Last edited by elvenwizard9; July 25th, 2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old July 25th, 2013, 03:50 PM

Hammerfortress is surprisingly tart

Ninja Status, we are still in the process of designing Maynard, but you can take part in that and wait for him to go to playtesting here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=48933

I like that idea, Elvenwizard, and we have begun to head that direction already. Our main objective at the moment is to get one hero established so that we could get our feet wet. I think a common European pirate squad will be our second or third project at the latest.

"I always have a jelly. I'm always the one that says 'let's have a jelly in the mix.'" -Rupert Giles
Old July 25th, 2013, 07:03 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

I have some good ideas for Robert Maynard if you would like to hear it:

NAME: Robert Maynard
FOLLOWS: Aquilla
PLANET: Earth
SPECIES: Human
UNIQUENESS: Unique Hero
CLASS: Captain
PERSONALITY: Relentless
SIZE/HEIGHT: Medium 5

LIFE: 6
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 3
DEFENSE: 4

Sword Swing Special Attack:
After moving and before attacking with Robert Maynard you may use Sword Swing Special Attack. Choose up to 3 enemy figures adjacent to Robert Maynard, roll attack dice separately for each figure that is affected by Sword Swing Special Attack.

Captains Aura:
All friendly Pirates within 3 clear sight spaces of Robert Maynard add one to their defense when attacked.

Pirates Brotherhood:
If an opponent's figure attacks a friendly Pirate adjacent to Robert Maynard Robert takes any wounds that would be directed at the attacked Pirate.

This is only a rough draft of my idea. It would be easier if I had a picture of the miniature that is used (if we even have one) and if you guys have different ideas for what general that he should follow then please let me know.
~NS

Last edited by Ninja Status; July 25th, 2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old July 25th, 2013, 07:17 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

While I'm glad your interested NS, posting this all in the primary design thread would've been better.

On the up and up, having another playester who's got time to spare is always a good thing.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; July 25th, 2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Because working kills time. Bad. x.X

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum