Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 19th, 2017, 03:57 PM

WarBanner knows what's in an order marker WarBanner knows what's in an order marker
Re: Islandscape is Here!

I've been asked about glyphs - my personal position is that the game is actually better without them, and that special rules like that on Burial Marsh should be ignored during a tournament. That said, many people like glyphs; so, here's what I'm going to do. The following 8 glyphs will be possible on any map that has glyphs on it:

1) Astrid - Attack +1
2) Dagmar - Initiative +8
3) Gerda - Defense +1
4) Lodin - d20 +1
5) Rannveig - no flying
6) Ulvania - Unique attack +1
7) Urland - Summoning
8) Crevcor - Common attack +1

Players will roll a d8 whenever a glyph is first uncovered to see which glyph it is. I'll bring d8s and a list of glyphs for each table.

Krug rhymes with "hug", not "dude"
Old July 19th, 2017, 04:45 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBanner View Post
I've been asked about glyphs - my personal position is that the game is actually better without them, and that special rules like that on Burial Marsh should be ignored during a tournament. That said, many people like glyphs; so, here's what I'm going to do. The following 8 glyphs will be possible on any map that has glyphs on it:

1) Astrid - Attack +1
3) Gerda - Defense +1
4) Lodin - d20 +1
5) Rannveig - no flying
7) Urland - Summoning
Crevcor - Common attack +1

Players will roll a d8 whenever a glyph is first uncovered to see which glyph it is. I'll bring d8s and a list of glyphs for each table.
I suggest doing the same for Treasure Glyphs . . .

Old July 19th, 2017, 05:45 PM

WarBanner knows what's in an order marker WarBanner knows what's in an order marker

Yes, this will be done for all glyphs. Builders have the option of making the map glyph free, as well.

Old July 19th, 2017, 07:06 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Yes, this will be done for all glyphs. Builders have the option of making the map glyph free, as well.

Really! You're building 5 - with or without Glyphs?

Old July 19th, 2017, 07:17 PM

I'll be using glyphs for those maps that have them in the build.

Old July 19th, 2017, 07:42 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Let's remember to pat Rich10 down to make sure he doesn't include the Defense +2 glyph on his map again this year.
Old July 19th, 2017, 08:19 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Quote:

1) Astrid - Attack +1
3) Gerda - Defense +1
4) Lodin - d20 +1
5) Rannveig - no flying
7) Urland - Summoning
Crevcor - Common attack +1

I suggest doing the same for Treasure Glyphs . . .

Quote:
I'll be using glyphs for those maps that have them in the build.
How about the rest of the builders . . . ?

Old July 20th, 2017, 08:35 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

ITS OFFICIAL: ISLANDSCAPE PRACTICE DAY

"Excelsior!"
--Stan Lee
("Ever Upward;" The New York State Motto)

Its practice day in here in Brooklyn! Early this morning I'm up building three Islandscape maps, for Kolakoski and me to practice on with our two official tournament teams!

Anyone who wants to join us can PM me; locals can call or email normally. We'll be playing from noon until whenever (dinner time or later). Tomorrow is free as well, should anyone wish to come over.

Chas
Official Practice Official
Officially
Old July 20th, 2017, 11:50 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Let's remember to pat Rich10 down to make sure he doesn't include the Defense +2 glyph on his map again this year.
I took the first 2 glyphs that I grabbed. I prefer to play without glyphs.
Old July 20th, 2017, 03:17 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

EXCITING TRAINING DAY EARLY RESULTS

Game 1: Chas wins

Game 2: Kolakoski wins

After two games on two different maps its dead even. Which way will the tie breaker go?

(Note: all armies and maps are official Islandscape elements)

(EDIT)

AND IN A NAIL BITING FINISH...ITS CHAS FOR THE WIN! GoooooooAL!

Old Guy Trivia Question: Kolakoski has recognized the online video of the TV theme for the Chas Army from his own boyhood. The show ran from 1963-66. What was it?
Hint: its was a cartoon! (Answer at Islandscape).

Now, on to Series Two...

Official Chas

Last edited by chas; July 20th, 2017 at 04:53 PM.
Old July 20th, 2017, 05:42 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll be bringing along a map (Zephyr by Robber) as a backup. I went to the trouble of building it to practice so I figure I might as well bring it along.
Old July 20th, 2017, 10:09 PM

KOLAKOSKI KLEANS UP!

Sweeping the Second Series, K. went on to win all three games. Although some games were sometimes in doubt, his major change in tactics with his army bore fruit on the field. We can expect to see him using those superior moves this Saturday!

He also got to use two units he never played before, which is always fun.

Last edited by chas; July 21st, 2017 at 05:01 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events