Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Closed Thread

Old November 4th, 2010, 06:12 PM

Takanuva has disabled reputation
Re: Ask the Design Team thread.

Well, maybe we could pool together money and buy the rights to the unrealeased figures...Like the Marvel wave...Just saying...
Old November 4th, 2010, 06:27 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker

Thanks to the design team and the playtesters. You done good.
Old November 4th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Taking a man check - Gangnam spider style!

Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby! Chilling Touch rolls all skulls baby!

I want to thank everyone who has helped 'scape over the years.

I really think this would have failed with the romans without you guys.

And you know what? If you guys end up staying with WOTC or Hasbro, let us know what you end up doing, so I can look up that game, and maybe enjoy it as well.

So, absoloute thanks from me. You guys really do rock.

~CT

Chilling Touch is Kee-Kee storytelling the PARALLEL CAVE...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old November 4th, 2010, 09:32 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takanuva View Post
Well, maybe we could pool together money and buy the rights to the unrealeased figures...Like the Marvel wave...Just saying...
I never say die. I truly believe we can change the minds of the executives, if by nothing else than with money. So I have some questions (which I understand if you can not answer):

-For how much would Hasbro/WOTC sell the rights for HeroScape?
-How much of a pure "monetary donation" would Hasbro/WOTC need to be willing to make another wave themselves?
-How much does it cost to make (say, ~500) promotional figures, like Agent Skahen? (My guess, <$2/figure in manufacturing cost)

If Hasbro/WOTC becomes more open with us, then we would be more understanding to their decisions. If they were not making enough profit (which I think has to be the case), then they should just say "we need to charge $2 more per pack, or we can't continue." I know that honesty would keep me buying more, not less, product.

Please let me know if I can donate.
Old November 5th, 2010, 10:42 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The Big Question now is, what can you guys do to develop Scape that will not violate the employment and non-disclosure provisions of your time with WOTC/Hasbro? For example, can Scape compatible figures or terrain be produced by small companies without the Heroscape or D&D branding? To what degree could independents produce things that would be perfectly useful for us and not violate any copyrights?

Just as WOTC went with D&D for Scape, can others go with new "Fantasy" products that just happen to work fine for Scape, or do we stick with picking the bones of discontinued product lines?

I don't know if you can answer this here or not, but enquiring minds want to know...
Old November 5th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
The Big Question now is, what can you guys do to develop Scape
Speaking for myself here, I feel like I have done more than my share to support and grow this hobby and community. The ball is in your court now.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

The amount of gratitude we have for you, Grungebob, and all the designers is immense. Thanks for working for so long, fighting for so long, to make this hobby something really worth having and being part of. You all created the Battle/Game of All Time.

Thanks. It's not enough, but thanks!
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:08 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Speaking for myself here, I feel like I have done more than my share to support and grow this hobby and community. The ball is in your court now.
Truer words were never spoken, Grungebob. Thanks to you, Guru, Truth and everyone else who created this game and built this community. Live long and prosper, dudes.

That said, I hope you and the others will be willing to show the rest of us how to hold a racket.
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:14 AM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
The Big Question now is, what can you guys do to develop Scape
While very true, your continued input will allow the scapers who are going to run with the ball from wasteing time on designs that have already been tried by the Design Team and found not to work. I feel that the NDA is going to bite us here though.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old November 5th, 2010, 01:44 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I have one more question about Marvel Wave 1 and then I'll let it drop. It's mainly just a curiosity thing:

The pictures that came out a couple years back appeared to be complete molded figures. Were these prototype figures? Or were they part of a full, completed production run that was never released and is now sitting in a Hasbro warehouse somewhere?

Like I said, it's just curiosity. I've been a C3G convert since release of World's Finest!
Old November 5th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

Thank you so much for your hard work designers!
Old November 5th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I have one more question about Marvel Wave 1 and then I'll let it drop. It's mainly just a curiosity thing:

The pictures that came out a couple years back appeared to be complete molded figures. Were these prototype figures? Or were they part of a full, completed production run that was never released and is now sitting in a Hasbro warehouse somewhere?

Like I said, it's just curiosity. I've been a C3G convert since release of World's Finest!
It was a limited first print run. They only made enough for a few hundred of us most loyal fans and family members. They look really cool, and I try and only use them on special occasions. I think my nephews sold theirs to friends, those little rats.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion