Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 19th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
The Book of Stargirl

The Book of Stargirl

C3G DC WAVE 25
THE JUSTICE SOCIETY

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Justice League: Trinity War set.
Its model number and name are #022 / Stargirl.

NOTE: Stargirl requires 1x Glyph of Cosmic Converter Belt

Character Bio - Courtney Whitmore stumbled into the life of a superhero when she was looking through her stepfather Pat Dugan’s old stuff. There she found the Cosmic Converter Belt, worn originally by Sylvester Pemberton, the first Star-Spangled Kid. Discovering that her stepfather used to be Stripsey, Sylvester Pemberton’s sidekick, Courtney used the belt and took up the name Star-Spangled Kid to annoy Pat. To her surprise, Pat built a new suit for himself, becoming S.T.R.I.P.E.S. and joining her as her sidekick. Courtney began warming to her stepfather and together they became the second crime-fighting duo known as Stars and Stripes. As a part of the initiative to bring together and train the younger generation of “legacy” heroes, Courtney was welcomed into the Justice Society of America, where she quickly became the heart of the JSA family. Courtney took on a second legacy when Jack Knight, son of the original Starman, gave up his own superheroing career, giving Courtney his Cosmic Rod. With the Cosmic Belt on and the Rod in hand, Courtney opened a new chapter in her life as Stargirl!

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Stargirl can move after a Mystery Man Hero you control takes a turn due to her Cosmic Rod Passenger special power. Current Mystery Men.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:Benefits:
  • N/A
Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 11:52 PM. Reason: png
Old December 19th, 2015, 01:06 PM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Stargirl - Brainstorming

NAME = STARGIRL
SECRET IDENTITY = COURTNEY WHITMORE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PROTÉGÉ
PERSONALITY = ENTHUSIASTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 150

COSMIC CONVERTER BELT
Start the game with the Glyph of Cosmic Converter Belt on this card. Stargirl cannot lose this glyph by receiving wounds unless she is destroyed.

COSMIC ROD PASSENGER
After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Mystery Man Hero you control and taking a turn with that Hero, you may immediately move with Stargirl. Whenever Stargirl is moved with the Flying special power on your turn, you may choose a small or medium figure you control adjacent to Stargirl. After you move Stargirl, place the chosen figure adjacent to Stargirl. The chosen figure will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

PROTECTIVE FORCE FIELD X
If Stargirl or any figure you control adjacent to Stargirl is attacked and at least one skull is rolled, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to ignore the attack.

FLYING

ORIGINAL DESIGN:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by japes; October 1st, 2016 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Converter Belt wording
Old December 19th, 2015, 01:07 PM

My intent here is for Stargirl to be a bridge character between the Mystery Men and Proteges. Cosmic Rod Passenger should give the team some more needed mobility, and Protective Force Field X gives them just a little more toughness. I wanted to keep Cosmic Rod Passenger open for her to carry anyone, but I worry a unit with carrying and Protective Force Field X would just be too abusable outside of the faction.

With the current direction for Power Girl, her leadership ability and Cosmic Rod Passenger would conflict sort of, with you being able to trigger them both off of the same OM, but maybe it’s not an issue? We could move Stargirl’s power to triggering before the Mystery Man takes a turn to space things a little better.

Thoughts?

ADDITIONAL COMIC ART:
Spoiler Alert!

BACKGROUND ART:
Spoiler Alert!

Old December 19th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Part of me wants to open up Passenger to any unit, and keep the Mystery Man trigger... but that mostly comes from my experience with her being mostly in JLA rather than JSA circumstances, and I can't say if that's really accurate or not.

I believe Force Field X should go last on the card, but overall, she seems like a solid support unit to me. No idea if that's accurate or not from my limited experience.
Old December 19th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

You know I like the direction. Cosmic Rod Passenger feels weird as a name to me because the first part of the power has nothing to do with the Cosmic Rod. I would suggest changing the name to something like JSA SIDEKICK, HERO WORSHIP, or something like that.

Are you worried about the conflict between Power Girl's proposed synergy conflicting with Protective Force Field X, given that they both trigger on an X OM?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old December 19th, 2015, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Part of me wants to open up Passenger to any unit, and keep the Mystery Man trigger...
That would be my preference, but I worry about it shooting up her cost (a unit with a carry ability that triggers anytime they move and a defensive ability that works on allies could be pretty abusable in competitive play).

Quote:
but that mostly comes from my experience with her being mostly in JLA rather than JSA circumstances, and I can't say if that's really accurate or not.
I believe her being with the JLA is just New 52; before that she was exclusively JSA or teamed up with S.T.R.I.P.E.S.

Quote:
I believe Force Field X should go last on the card, but overall, she seems like a solid support unit to me. No idea if that's accurate or not from my limited experience.
Good call on moving down Force Field X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
You know I like the direction. Cosmic Rod Passenger feels weird as a name to me because the first part of the power has nothing to do with the Cosmic Rod. I would suggest changing the name to something like JSA SIDEKICK, HERO WORSHIP, or something like that.
Hmm... I went with Cosmic Rod Passenger because the second part (the carrying), but I can see how it's kind of weird with the first part. Not a fan of JSA Sidekick because 1) it's not a normal sidekick power, and 2) she's not really a sidekick (she's the one with the sidekick). Hero Worship isn't bad but doesn't feel like it quite captures the theme of the power.

I'll have to think on it. Anybody else have thoughts on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Are you worried about the conflict between Power Girl's proposed synergy conflicting with Protective Force Field X, given that they both trigger on an X OM?
I hadn't thought of that; I normally like tension with the X OM, but I also want the two of them to play well together. We could easily switch one of them to just "once per round", in which case I'd do so with Power Girl because I'd like to keep Protective Force Field X as similar as possible to normal Force Field X.

Old December 19th, 2015, 07:12 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I like changing the power on Power Girl to once per round and keeping the X here. I worry a tad about the defensive power stacking with other defensive power to encourage her use in pod play. I'd love to see CRB thoughts on how much that will contribute before we move to the initial. IMO, keeping the class restrictions on the carrying power is a good thing due to this concern. The title of the power works for me, though.

That said, doesn't Star Man have a Cosmic Rod glyph (how did we end up doing that? I'd look, but my wireless connection is terrible right now). It feels kind of odd for her not to have any reference to the Cosmic Rod beyond carrying people.

Edit: OK, I see that Starman (Ted) has the Gravity Rod power and Starman (Jack) doesn't have any Cosmic Rod references, so I'm OK with the Cosmic Rod just being referenced in the carry. I do like having a reference, though, and I feel the power title is descriptive of what's going on thematically.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 19th, 2015, 07:45 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Character Bio - Courtney Whitmore stumbled into the life of a superhero when she was looking through her stepfather Pat Dugan’s old stuff. There she found the Cosmic Converter Belt, worn originally by Sylvester Pemberton, the first Star-Spangled Kid. Discovering that her stepfather used to be Stripsey, Sylvester Pemberton’s sidekick, Courtney used the belt and took up the name Star-Spangled Kid to annoy Pat. To her surprise, Pat build built a new suit for himself, becoming S.T.R.I.P.E.S. and joining her as her sidekick. Courtney began warming to her stepfather and together they became the second crime-fighting duo known as Stars and Stripes. As a part of the initiative to bring together and train the younger generation of “legacy” heroes, Courtney was welcomed into the Justice Society of America, where she quickly became the heart of the JSA family. Courtney took on a second legacy when Jack Knight, son of the original Starman, gave up his own superheroing career, giving Courtney his Cosmic Rod. With the Cosmic Belt on and the Rod in hand, Courtney opened a new chapter in her life as Stargirl!
Minor typo...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 19th, 2015, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Character Bio - Courtney Whitmore stumbled into the life of a superhero when she was looking through her stepfather Pat Dugan’s old stuff. There she found the Cosmic Converter Belt, worn originally by Sylvester Pemberton, the first Star-Spangled Kid. Discovering that her stepfather used to be Stripsey, Sylvester Pemberton’s sidekick, Courtney used the belt and took up the name Star-Spangled Kid to annoy Pat. To her surprise, Pat build built a new suit for himself, becoming S.T.R.I.P.E.S. and joining her as her sidekick. Courtney began warming to her stepfather and together they became the second crime-fighting duo known as Stars and Stripes. As a part of the initiative to bring together and train the younger generation of “legacy” heroes, Courtney was welcomed into the Justice Society of America, where she quickly became the heart of the JSA family. Courtney took on a second legacy when Jack Knight, son of the original Starman, gave up his own superheroing career, giving Courtney his Cosmic Rod. With the Cosmic Belt on and the Rod in hand, Courtney opened a new chapter in her life as Stargirl!
Minor typo...
Good catch! Fixed.

Old December 21st, 2015, 06:09 PM

I moved the power order around in the SP, but I'm going to leave the name Cosmic Rod Passenger for now since there doesn't seem to be any clear majority either way and I haven't seen any suggestions I like more (but if you do have any suggestions, please post them).

Before I even propose for Initial I want to hear the CRB's thoughts on this design, so @dok , @Dysole , @Soundwarp SG-1 , @weebaer ; any competitive concerns with Protective Force Field X? What about if we removed the Mystery Man and Protege restriction from the carry part of Cosmic Rod Passenger, would the combo of a carry power and a protective power like that be an issue?

Old December 21st, 2015, 06:26 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
When You Wish Upon a Star

None of that seems problematic especially when attached to a 4 life, 3 defense figure which means Stargirl should be dying pretty dang quickly even if she's getting a chance to ignore attacks because unlike someone like Mastermind her survivability is basically "ignore one attack once a round". Not troubling and depending on points she could end up being relatively weak.

~Dysole, observationally
Old December 21st, 2015, 08:39 PM

Re: When You Wish Upon a Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
None of that seems problematic especially when attached to a 4 life, 3 defense figure which means Stargirl should be dying pretty dang quickly even if she's getting a chance to ignore attacks because unlike someone like Mastermind her survivability is basically "ignore one attack once a round". Not troubling and depending on points she could end up being relatively weak.

~Dysole, observationally
That's encouraging to hear, I was worried that if we opened up the carrying she'd be too strong of a partner for the likes of the first Martian Manhunter (with her being able to carry when he moves her while also blocking an attack per round).

For what it's worth, I'd like her to end up in the 120 to 150 points range.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library