Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 8th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

(Also posted this in the trade thread... I swear, these will be the only two posts! )
I have several games for auction on BGG (link), including some unopened HeroScape (Zombie Horde booster, Wave 3, Road to the Forgotten forest, Thaelenk Tundra, Ullar's Flag Bearer).

If anyone from here happens to win anything from it, let me know after the auction and I'll give you the Scaper's Discount and I'll pay half of the shipping.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Last edited by Jim; December 8th, 2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old December 9th, 2012, 04:57 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I played some more Smash Up this week as well as Small World.

I have a friend that keeps poking me about getting my Dreadfleet ready to play, so this week I started some work on my Dreadfleet bases.

Most of what I painted this week was rats for Mice and Mystics though!

My rats and some rats on commission!

This week I finally got a game of Warhammer in too!

Sir! Warhounds on the horizon! Grapeshot them!

The Empire Line awaits the chaos host.

I also finished my first horsey for a Long Shot commission this week.

These are interesting to paint as they are almost 2 dimensional.
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:04 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

JB, and others,

We call those thin figures FLATS, and this is how many toy soldiers were made in previous centuries. I have some plastic Mongols and Russian medieval flats in plastic that I painted up, and used with normal figures in the 54mm Battle of Kulikovo, some years ago (Mongols vs Russians). I don't do Medieval often and had never used the flats before, so it was lots of fun. A pal from Russia had them in childhood and is getting them again now.
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:15 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Had a tremendous wargaming weekend! A pal came over who hadn't Scaped in two years, and got his chops back, beating heck out of me (see Battle Reports: NYC Gang of Four C3V Battles). The next day Tablewalker and Sherman Davies came by to play on the same urban combat board (two rows of buildings--castle walls and some wall walks-- on either side of a wide open street with trees and an Arch of Triumph--raised Castle Gate with shrubbery and water--in the center. With four big armies, the game finally came down to Master Woo fighting off three Izumi Samurai from the top of a ladder! He got two of them, then the third won the game in a nail biting finish (Woo had been wounded previously).

For the second game, I'd been printing out C3Gs like crazy with my new printer, and we played the six original X-Men vs Master Mold and Four Sentinels (my crafty pal had gotten two of the big guys back on their bases with a glue gun--again I hadn't played them for years). I used my giant Sinestro Yellow Construct as MM. We killed several of them and one or two came back through MM. Beast, Iceman, and Archangel (OK, call them X-Factor) went down! On the last turn Scott Summers, my favorite Marvel guy, wanted revenge for the next defeating--of Prof X. So I rolled five skulls on five dice, MM who had been wounded whiffed, and that was the game for our side, with only Cyke and Jeanie left! True love conquers all! I had just read their meeting story redone in the new reboot (which I usually don't buy) X-Men Season One (see General section onsite: Christmas 2012 Shopping In NYC). So I was Cyced--er, psyched for it! I had just printed up the cards and got the Sentinels functioning at the last minute, and hadn't expected to get to use them yet, but the guys went for it, and we did. Yay.

The next day three other pals were here, and we played C&C Epic Ancients: Lake Trasimene and Zama (both Carthaginians vs Romans). In the first game, a terrible Roman defeat, I let all three of the others take a Carthaginian sector vs Roman me alone! I lost as expected, but did creditably in a doomed scenario. In the next battle the Romans were favored, but I barely pulled it out in a very long game, ending 14-13! Wow--against all three of them--not that that factor really affected anything in the Borg game system. Too bad they didn't take me up on my suggestion that winner buys dinner! But another pal came over last night and bought me dinner anyhow for a favor I'd done for him. So good enough, and a great Gaming High for the weekend.

The best thing was reviving my ability to play C3V and C3G. Now I'm busy printing out all the C3G Glyphs, which I think will work well in either type of game. They have a huge variety of stuff from minor items in Batman's utility belt up to the Cosmic Cube itself! I'm looking forward to using them to spice up my future games as objectives and "treasures." And I'm now looking at Heroes of Star Wars Scape, seriously for the first time, which will premiere with tested figures next Spring. What the heck, I've got all the figures anyhow. Heroscape is dead? Yeah, right! A big Brooklyn raspberry on that...thhhhhp!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS (GAMING) TO ALL! HO HO HO!!!

Last edited by chas; December 10th, 2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old December 10th, 2012, 10:32 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

A fantastic game of Zombicide yesterday with B:T:L Matt, his fiance Tina, Oprime, 'little' Oprime and one of his friends (who will forever be called El Cholo... the coward! ).

We had an incredibly cinematic moment when we were all backed into a corner, the horde was coming and there was little hope. We came up with a last ditch plan where I would basically suicide myself (with my five dice rolling chain saw) in order too allow the group to escape and high tail it to the next objective.

Before I went on my jaunt though they all uloaded with everything they had into the pack, whittling it down to almost nothing. Suddenly the plan changed with me running out of the building and into the building across the street (in order to grab the next objective), just as the next pack came around the corner.

With all the noise coming from where the rest of the party was, the horde ignored me and went for where the most meat was huddled together.

After dispatching a fatty with my trusty chainsaw on the next turn, I couldn't leave the rest of them behind (objective be damned), so I prompty dove back out of the building and into the pack, making Zombie bits with my chainsaw and the 20 dice I got to role. Which turned out to be just enough so the rest of the party could exit the building and beat back the remainder of the pack and in turn lead the way to our evntual victory. It. Was. Awesome!

*cough* ...and we figured out that we only cheated a little after the fact. *cough*

After that myself, Matt, Tina and Oprime played a brain busting game of Troyes. It was fun, and way different than the 2-player games I had played to this point. Definitely some learning curve to get over, but after repeated plays I can see this one really opening up with a full compliment of players.

-insert signature here-
Old December 10th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

We had an excellent weekend of gaming, by my own meager standards.

Mage Wars yesterday morning won by the Kid when my reckless strategy backfired. He played *much* better than the first time, so I have to up my game now...

Smash Up yesterday where the game was won by the guy we were teaching it to. I love it when that happens...

Ascension three times over the weekend, including twice with 3 players. Saturday the Kid won 111-110-108, yesterday it was not so close when I clobbered the other players with 80 in a low scoring game. The others got 71 & 67, if I remember correctly.

Also some Creationary with SisterScaper, it's a Lego game that's a fun building activity with just a little game mixed in. Sort of charades/Dixit with Legos. We like it, because we like Legos.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 10th, 2012, 11:35 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Had a tremendous wargaming weekend! A pal came over who hadn't Scaped in two years, and got his chops back, beating heck out of me (see Battle Reports: NYC Gang of Four C3V Battles). The next day Tablewalker and Sherman Davies came by to play on the same urban combat board (two rows of buildings--castle walls and some wall walks-- on either side of a wide open street with trees and an Arch of Triumph--raised Castle Gate with shrubbery and water--in the center. With four big armies, the game finally came down to Master Woo fighting off three Izumi Samurai from the top of a ladder! He got two of them, then the third won the game in a nail biting finish (Woo had been wounded previously).

For the second game, I'd been printing out C3Gs like crazy with my new printer, and we played the six original X-Men vs Master Mold and Four Sentinels (my crafty pal had gotten two of the big guys back on their bases with a glue gun--again I hadn't played them for years). I used my giant Sinestro Yellow Construct as MM. We killed several of them and one or two came back through MM. Beast, Iceman, and Archangel (OK, call them X-Factor) went down! On the last turn Scott Summers, my favorite Marvel guy, wanted revenge for the next defeating--of Prof X. So I rolled five skulls on five dice, MM who had been wounded whiffed, and that was the game for our side, with only Cyke and Jeanie left! True love conquers all! I had just read their meeting story redone in the new reboot (which I usually don't buy) X-Men Season One (see General section onsite: Christmas 2012 Shopping In NYC). So I was Cyced--er, psyched for it! I had just printed up the cards and got the Sentinels functioning at the last minute, and hadn't expected to get to use them yet, but the guys went for it, and we did. Yay.

The next day three other pals were here, and we played C&C Epic Ancients: Lake Trasimene and Zama (both Carthaginians vs Romans). In the first game, a terrible Roman defeat, I let all three of the others take a Carthaginian sector vs Roman me alone! I lost as expected, but did creditably in a doomed scenario. In the next battle the Romans were favored, but I barely pulled it out in a very long game, ending 14-13! Wow--against all three of them--not that that factor really affected anything in the Borg game system. Too bad they didn't take me up on my suggestion that winner buys dinner! But another pal came over last night and bought me dinner anyhow for a favor I'd done for him. So good enough, and a great Gaming High for the weekend.

The best thing was reviving my ability to play C3V and C3G. Now I'm busy printing out all the C3G Glyphs, which I think will work well in either type of game. They have a huge variety of stuff from minor items in Batman's utility belt up to the Cosmic Cube itself! I'm looking forward to using them to spice
up my future games as objectives and "treasures." And I'm now looking at Heroes of Star Wars Scape, seriously for the first time, which will premiere with tested figures next Spring. What the heck, I've got all the figures anyhow. Heroscape is dead? Yeah, right! A big Brooklyn raspberry on that...thhhhhp!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS (GAMING) TO ALL! HO HO HO!!!
Well met!

I have a Castle Door, but have never used it for anything. For the map I will be building (upon my return from Jamaica, mon), the Castle Door, placed centrally, will make an excellent portal, through which a certain number of units will be required to pass for victory.

It is good to see more 'scaping happening locally. For awhile there, I was afraid it would be just chas and I for the foreseeable future.
Old December 10th, 2012, 12:38 PM

See what you're missing! And all you've got is sunny Jamaica for a month. I feel sorry for you...
Old December 11th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Tonight I played:

Star Wars X-Wing - Love this game

Jab - first time playing and it was interesting and a bit chaotic. Probably would need a number of plays to figure things out a bit better as the real-time aspect of it is different.

Love Letter
- Just got this little game and it is a great filler card game. Really fun card game for 2-4 players. We played with 3 people and it was well received. Very easy to learn, not a ton to it but we had some good laughs.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 11th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Fantastic paintjobs Jormi, I love those rats!
Old December 11th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Fantastic paintjobs Jormi, I love those rats!
Yeah, Jormi does an awesome job. I keep playing M&M and keep thinking that one day I'll paint up the minis, though I would have a hard time looking at Jormi's work afterwards because it would only remind me of how mine won't compare.

Old December 11th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Prickly Cactus

Stayed home today with one of my sick daughters and my sick niece came over for a little bit. They both have strept throat but went to the doctor yesterday and started on some anti-biotics. Anyway, for a little fun we played a few games:

Love Letter - They loved this one. So far the 2 adults I played this game with last night and the two girls today really enjoyed this one.

Zombie Dice with the Double Feature expansion dice added - We liked the addition of the Hunk, Hottie and Santa dice.

Hey That's My Fish! - another fun game that has more to it than initially meets the eye.

Edit: After my other daughter got home from school and did her homework, both my daughters and I played:

Zombie Dice with Double Feature dice (x2)

Love Letter (x2)

Last edited by Hahma; December 11th, 2012 at 07:52 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games