Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 30th, 2011, 04:22 PM

Dadnarg434 is surprisingly tart
There's large, there's huge, and then there's gigantic

I came up with the idea of creating some custom figures that veer away from the more classic rendition of heroscape. A figure that could take down an entire army by itself? Sure, right. But nonetheless, I thought it might be a cool twist for those who like to try new ideas.

Got a prize winning army? Got two? Well match them both up against this big boy.

When Utgar attempted to bring the godess "Hel" over from the human world, something went wrong. Horribly wrong. Instead of a beautiful godess with power over death, Utgar had brought forth a monster. Utgar then realized what had happened: Mythical beings can't be brought through the portals quite as easily as the humans who worship them. During the process, a horrible transformation had occured. A true horror was now unleashed on Valhalla!

This custom will be a a key figure in my new fanfic, "The Rise of Hel." Utgar now has a new weapon, and it will take the forces of all five generals of the alliance to stand against it!

Check out my new gigantic customs and my
custom thread,
As well as my fan fic:
"The Rise of Hel"

Last edited by Dadnarg434; January 30th, 2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old January 30th, 2011, 06:43 PM

Re: There's large, there's huge, and then there's gigantic

Feel free to give comments or suggestions

custom thread,
As well as my fan fic:
"The Rise of Hel"
Old January 30th, 2011, 06:52 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thumbs up Re: There's large, there's huge, and then there's gigantic

I think 100 points is too cheap for him. Move of 7, 30 life and an attack of 9. Easily 1500pts. Just reorganizing a bit. On the card I'd Special Attack then Seer Cold and Finally Flying. Good custom though.

Old January 30th, 2011, 07:08 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

A few thoughts.

First, any figure that is not going to fit on a double-hexer needs to have special movement rules specified. How one would handle movement (flying or otherwise) with this figure is not clear, because the leading hex concept that applies to double-hexers does not apply. Here's an example of a workable mechanic (and that whole thread is relevant here); here's another one.

Second, the "frozen marker" mechanic is unnecessary and not properly explained. You need to specify how many markers start on the card, and you need to specify if and how the power effects commons and uniques. The language isn't complete no matter what your intention is. Furthermore, as worded, there's no need for frozen markers at all, since OM removal is the only effect and that lasts through the round implicitly.

Finally, I'm guessing here, but even if I assume you don't want the OM mechanic to work on commons, this guy should still probably cost somewhere around 2000 points. Set aside his toughness for a moment. The ability to hit a 12-15 hex area with an attack of 5 is unprecedented. The only figure in this power range that's been tested extensively is Anti-Monitor. That figure has a couple similar OM tricks but only has one attack on its normal turns, and it costs 1600.
Old January 30th, 2011, 07:14 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My recommendation for any figure like this is to make a scenario for it. In the scenario rules you can dictate some kinks, like the movement of the figure, and any other special rules, as well as the points your allowed to use vs him, some maps ect.

If your familiar with WoW, I mean make him into something like a raid boss, while keeping his card trim!
Old January 30th, 2011, 07:32 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

His price would definitely be under 1600. The 1600 Anti Monitor is immune to Auto Kills whereas this figure isn't. A simple Atlaga Witherwood, Mosrbane Negation, or Sudema Stare of Stone could pretty much end the battle before it begins.
Old January 30th, 2011, 07:38 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
His price would definitely be under 1600. The 1600 Anti Monitor is immune to Auto Kills whereas this figure isn't. A simple Atlaga Witherwood, Mosrbane Negation, or Sudema Stare of Stone could pretty much end the battle before it begins.
Except that you need to price him based on what he does to others, not what others do to him. That said I think anti-monitor's event hero mechanic would work out well for her.

By the way isn't that Gul-Kon from Mega Bloks Dragons Fire and Ice?

Old January 30th, 2011, 10:31 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Except that you need to price him based on what he does to others, not what others do to him.
You have to factor in also what others can do to him. Otherwise you are arguing that Soulborg Immunity, Huge (Size) Immunity, etc should not be factored in to pricing.
Old January 30th, 2011, 07:54 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm bringing Cyprien to that fight... nice custom though
Old January 30th, 2011, 08:39 PM

Thanks for all the comments!

I thought a lot about the price, and I do agree it should be changed. However, I dont think I would put it more than 1500. The reason for that is that I usually pit him against two armies, rather than one. With the kind of battle, the 2 on 1, two armies of 750 points could probably bring him down. The defense of four and the 30 life get chopped away a lot faster than you would think.

I will re-work the frozen marker explanation, and probably end up omiting it. I have worked out a move plan already, but just didn't put it down here. I think I'll make up some rules to go along with him. I also am kinda hesitant about having him taken out by a single shot. Or about being mindshackeled. I'll specify that in the secario I make.

No, Im not really familiar with WoW. Never really played it much. You'll have to explain what you mean.

And yes, he is from the old mega blocks fire n ice sets. I have got a TON of those old dragons.

Thanks again for all the comments. I'll make those changes soon.

custom thread,
As well as my fan fic:
"The Rise of Hel"
Old January 30th, 2011, 08:56 PM

Changes made. Open to comments or suggestions.

custom thread,
As well as my fan fic:
"The Rise of Hel"
Old January 30th, 2011, 09:27 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadnarg434 View Post
I thought a lot about the price, and I do agree it should be changed. However, I dont think I would put it more than 1500. The reason for that is that I usually pit him against two armies, rather than one. With the kind of battle, the 2 on 1, two armies of 750 points could probably bring him down. The defense of four and the 30 life get chopped away a lot faster than you would think.
With six OMs against 3, sure, 1000 would work fine. However, if you're going to bother with setting a price for the figure, it should be priced assuming equal OMs, because that's how all other pricing works. For a 2v1 army scenario, you can always give the two armies a point disadvantage to compensate for their greater number of order markers.

Quote:
I will re-work the frozen marker explanation, and probably end up omiting it.
Yeah, you can just remove all references to markers; that's the simplest and probably best way to handle it. Don't forget to add "if the targeted figure is a unique hero..." though.

Quote:
I also am kinda hesitant about having him taken out by a single shot. Or about being mindshackeled. I'll specify that in the secario I make.
You could just piggyback on the Anti-Monitor "Event Hero" language:
Event Heroes are never destroyed without first taking enough wounds to be destroyed. If a terrain rule or a special power on any Army Card, Glyph, or Destructible Object would automatically destroy an Event Hero, that terrain rule or special power instead inflicts 4 wounds on that Event Hero. Players may never take temporary or permanent control of an opponent's Event Hero.
ETA: I see you already have made several of these changes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards