Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old September 28th, 2008, 08:34 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: So Dark You Can't Even See.

My point is that lighting is a variable. In the scenario presented he says you can't see the figure without a flashlight. What I am saying is if the same map and scenario where set up with different lighting from different angles or wattage or wahtevers, the spider might actually be visible with out a flash light.

Lets leave real world out of this, as any number of units could claim to have something thematically that allows them to see in the dark and a real cave may have different areas of it lit up at different points in the day.

We can't assume everyone is playing herosape with equal overhead lighting. Just because one lighting set up yields a dark spot on a map doesn't mean a different lighting setup won't light up the same area.

You guys are trying to make the rules (LOS) account for an unmanageable variable. (lighting type, wattage, angle of source)

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 28th, 2008, 08:57 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Let me point out that in my first response to this thread that all though I thought there was potential for argument here, I agreed that for simplicity an official ruling would more than likely reveal that you CAN shoot.

-insert signature here-
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for the explanation and the clarification R˙chean. I see what you were (are) trying to say.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

This thread is hilariously funny and a clear indication that we don't have enough worthy topics to talk together about.
Old September 28th, 2008, 10:22 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
This thread is hilariously funny and a clear indication that we don't have enough worthy topics to talk together about.
In fact, you should take the question to Papa-Scape and ask him to answer it .

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old September 28th, 2008, 10:26 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper View Post
Quote:
In fact, you should take the question to Papa-Scape and ask him to answer it .
Actually, I was thinking the exact same thing.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old September 28th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Does it have something to do with a Hot Pink Cave?
Old September 28th, 2008, 11:29 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Does it have something to do with a Hot Pink Cave?

Ok game over....

Old September 29th, 2008, 12:09 AM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

"Can blind people play Heroscape?"

"Sure, their units just have a range of one."

--

Seriously, though. My vision is bad, and someday when I'm 97 years old, I may not be able to see as well in the dark as you can. Would you really like the rules to treat people differently based on their ability to see in the dark?

(Or the light, for that matter?)

--

You can shoot the figure if there is a straight line from the shooters green dot to the target figure's red zone.

The rules don't say the player has to be able to see. The fact that the game mechanic is called "Line of Sight" has nothing to do with the player's vision, or the lighting in the room, or in the cave.

SotN rulebook, page 5: "...Line of Sight is an imaginary straight line . . ."

While "the best way to check if your attacker has Line of Sight is to get behind its head and look at the targeted figure", that isn't necessary. Sometimes I can't fit my gigantic melon of a head in behind the figure.

----

More fun questions:

"If Syvarris shoots an arrow but no one is there to see it, does it still kill an orc?"

"How many shades fit on the head of a pin?"

"Do these deathreavers make me look fat?"

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old September 29th, 2008, 08:02 AM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Well, as much as I agree that you can shoot in this case, I think some of us here are taking a legitimate question and taking it completely out of context.

-insert signature here-
Old September 29th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Well, as much as I agree that you can shoot in this case, I think some of us here are taking a legitimate question and taking it completely out of context.
I think the "legitimate question" is, essentially, "Does 'Line of Sight' require literally being able to see?" The simple answer: "No."
Old September 29th, 2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I think the "legitimate question" is, essentially, "Does 'Line of Sight' require literally being able to see?" The simple answer: "No."
True, which is why I agree that you can still shoot. But it is possible to create a map in which there is a cave and no matter how bright the lights in the room are, it will do nothing to illuminate the darkness any further (making IMO the question legitimate, but no less invalid for simplicity).

Wow we need something new to talk about...

So... how 'bout that wave 9? Eh?

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's