Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 18th, 2016, 09:56 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Captain Britain - Public Playtesting

A couple more suggestions:

Quote:
POWER FROM CONFIDENCE
Start the game with 2 white Confidence Markers on this card. Add 1 to Captain Britain's Move and Attack numbers for each Confidence Marker on this card. If there are no Confidence Markers on this card, Captain Britain cannot use his Flying or Super Strength special powers.

UNSTEADY CONFIDENCE
After rolling dice for Captain Britain's normal attack, if you rolled more shields than skulls, remove a Confidence Marker from this card. When attacking an opponent's figure, if Captain Britain rolls a skull on every die, you may place all previously removed Confidence Markers back on this card.

EXCALIBUR COMMANDER
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Captain Britain, if Captain Britain attacked an opponent's figure with a normal attack this turn, you may take a turn with any Unique Protector or Telepath Hero you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Captain Britain that is a Protector or Telepath.
Is there a reason why he can loose a marker attacking friendlies but can only regain them when attacking enemies? I think it'd look cleaner if the two sentences matched up more:

Quote:
When attacking an opponent's figure, if Captain Britain rolls more shields than skulls, remove a Confidence Marker from this card. When attacking an opponent's figure, if Captain Britain rolls a skull on every die, you may place all previously removed Confidence Markers back on this card.
And I do believe we've been adding the "no additional turns" bit to pretty much all bonding powers, if only to play things safe.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old October 18th, 2016, 01:11 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

OK, putting it down as a Blue Marker, with the understanding that the art will be Union Jacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
EXCALIBUR COMMANDER
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Captain Britain, if Captain Britain attacked an opponent's figure with a normal attack this turn, you may take a turn with any Unique Protector or Telepath Hero you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Captain Britain that is a Protector or Telepath.
I like that change, and I'm sure nearly everyone would interpret it correctly, but is there some chance that some folks would interpret it as "(Unique Protector) or (Telepath Hero)" instead of "Unique (Protector or Telepath) Hero"? I don't want anyone trying to argue they can bond with Dark Phoenix.

If there's precedent for that kind of wording (or if you think I'm worrying over nothing) I'm fine with the change; I just don't want to open up any cans of worms. (Or we can make it "Unique Telepath or Protector Hero", to head off the one possible misinterpretation that's in play currently.)

EDIT: I found our precedent:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
I'VE GOT YOUR BACK
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Luke Cage, you may take a turn with any other Unique Fighter Hero or a Unique Crime Fighter Hero you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Luke Cage.
So...
EXCALIBUR COMMANDER
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Captain Britain, if Captain Britain attacked an opponent's figure with a normal attack this turn, you may take a turn with a Unique Protector Hero or Unique Telepath Hero you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Captain Britain.
EDIT 2: Now I see that Nightwing and The Hood use more or less the exact wording you suggested, Dracula uses the Luke Cage-style wording, and Masahiro Arishi uses a still different formulation. The Hood arguably has the same possible misinterpretation (i.e. taking a turn with a Criminal squad would be like taking a turn with Dark Phoenix).

Gah, I dunno. I'll do whatever.

Quote:
Is there a reason why he can loose a marker attacking friendlies but can only regain them when attacking enemies?
Not really; the main thing was I didn't want him to have any incentive to bash his friends to gain markers back. I suppose all things being equal I'd prefer he had as little incentive to attack friends as possible, but I can make the wording match if others feel that that way looks more elegant.

Quote:
And I do believe we've been adding the "no additional turns" bit to pretty much all bonding powers, if only to play things safe.
Fair enough. I generally feel like either "after revealing an order marker", or "immediately... and you may not take any additional turns" should be sufficient, although that puts extra requirements on things like the Amulet of Damballah. Anyway, I'll add it.

Last edited by dok; October 18th, 2016 at 01:37 PM.
Old October 18th, 2016, 05:16 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Can we call them "flag markers" instead of "blue markers"? As a precedent, The Mask's markers are called "plaid". (Additionally, Magneto (I) and Creeper's markers are not identified by color.)

Edit: then again, flag isn't a color or pattern, so it sounds awkward. I honestly like having no color designation at all.

Last edited by dok; October 18th, 2016 at 06:07 PM.
Old October 18th, 2016, 06:56 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think Magneto and Creeper's markers don't have colors mainly because they were so early and we hadn't adopted specifying a color as standard yet. I want to say Magneto was actually the first C3G marker power.
Old October 18th, 2016, 10:08 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, I'd say it's best to have a color to match (most of) our other designs with markers. Blue or white makes sense to me here.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old October 18th, 2016, 10:26 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Honestly, while I fully support the idea of it being little Union Jacks, it does slightly concern me that they wouldn't be reusable (for, say, Gladiator).
Old October 18th, 2016, 10:41 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Various colors of battery markers have different stickers, don't they? Don't think it would be unprecedented for Captain Britain to have blue Confidence Markers with flags and Gladiator to have (whatever) Confidence Markers with something else on them.
Old October 19th, 2016, 09:35 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

For Excalibur Commander, I tend towards the shorter text version that I suggested, but you're right that we've worded it multiple ways. The Luke Cage wording looks fine.

As to marker color, it's one of our standards in C3G that I prefer we stick with. Magneto (I) and Creeper were just oversights, and in fact Creeper has already been updated with a color added (we'll need to look into updating Magneto too).

For reusability, I agree with Ronin here. No reason why we couldn't reuse the powers and give them different stickers, in my opinion.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old October 19th, 2016, 09:40 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I suppose sticking with different colors and stickers reflecting the character's symbolism would be consistent. Concern retracted.
Old October 19th, 2016, 11:08 AM

OK, I went with Viegon's condensed wording but flipped the order of Telepath and Protector just to head off the only possible misinterpretation (i.e. bonding with Dark Phoenix).

I've bumped price to 285, not really because testing demands it, but more just cuz.

I propose a vote for final editing at 285 points.
@japes - Yea
@johnny139 - Yea
@Tornado - Yea
@TrollBrute - Yea
@Viegon - Yea
@Yodaking -
@Zettian Juggernaut - Yea

For background image, I've reconsidered and decided that I like using Tower Bridge more than Big Ben/Houses of Parliament anyway. However, I'd also like to do something kind of like the C3G Captain America card, with the flag in the background. Something like the first two hits on this image search. I realize that's a relatively big ask for the Art Department, so a straight Tower Bridge image is fine if that's too much of a pain.

Last edited by dok; October 19th, 2016 at 05:21 PM.
Old October 19th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

Yea - Personally I'd prefer the Luke Cage wording, which is a bit more ironclad, but we're not consistent so whatever.
Old October 19th, 2016, 11:15 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I agree with your reasoning of flipping the text order

YEA from me
@Arkham you have time for the Art on this one. I know your big day is coming up.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library