Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 17th, 2022, 10:04 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

It wouldn't matter so much if the clock weren't ticking on this 45 day window.
Old October 17th, 2022, 10:30 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

when was the last time a board game video truly went viral? If we had a heroscape video that we could engineer to go viral… then maybe that could bring people into the fold (I put Post Malone into my favorite game and he’s BUSTED)…

Silly idea I know but I’m just throwing things at the wall to see if anything sticks
Old October 17th, 2022, 11:13 AM

FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah, I don't see anyone specifically pointing fingers, but slow updates are costly no matter who's to blame for them, especially for a campaign that's in doubt.
….and one with a limited amount of time.
Old October 17th, 2022, 03:30 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The fact that the Haslab page is not controlled by AH and Hasbro hasn't shown any interest in updating it makes me 80% confident the project is going to fail. Really sad, but Hasbro has just been horrible to the AH guys on this
Old October 17th, 2022, 03:34 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
The fact that the Haslab page is not controlled by AH and Hasbro hasn't shown any interest in updating it makes me 80% confident the project is going to fail. Really sad, but Hasbro has just been horrible to the AH guys on this
There are 30 days to go and they are updating the page this week...

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 17th, 2022, 03:43 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
There are 30 days to go and they are updating the page this week...
Supposed to happen tomorrow.
Old October 17th, 2022, 05:08 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

When Heroscape first came out, Hasbro had no web presence for the game. Hero created Heroscape.net. Hero, is a friend of Rob and Craig’s. Think of it as a work around. They knew Hasbro would take forever to catch up with the online trend.

That is the same company. I’m not trying to paint them as faulty, just very slow to adapt. The company is not agile at all, certainly not enough to quell the concerns of fans.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 17th, 2022, 05:10 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think that the past successes on Haslab may have been misleading to the Hasbro people in charge of creating the presentation page for Heroscape.
Compared to the other products they crowdfunded, AoA is the best deal they're offering. It's a lot of plastic, on top of paying designers to develop and balance the characters, that they're offering at a price point far more reasonable than their other products. When I look at the others, such as the Ghostbusters or GI Joe, I'm a bit shocked. 19,062 people really backed the Ghostbusters one, which is something deliberately designed to look like a beat up piece of technology that doesn't actually do anything? I could instead put that money towards a PS5 which is an actually functioning piece of modern technology that doesn't look like I ripped the shell off of my lawnmower.

While Heroscape is a different type of product and so can't be marketed in the same way, as seen by the slow progress we've seen, I can understand why the Haslab people would have thought this would be an easier success given that Heroscape already has a community that has wanted new product for 12 years.

Over 10,000 people payed $575 for that Unicron? It's just a display piece that didn't require a team of playtesters. It certainly cost extra money to pay for the individual components to be assembled into a complete figure, but still I wouldn't pay that much for it
Old October 17th, 2022, 05:19 PM

EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker

If we can't reach the 50% mark (4000 backers) by the midpoint mark, in 7 days, then forget it. OP's projections are already quite high all because the initial numbers were really strong but we've been getting less than 100 backers a day for the last week.

All of what we're talking about, the campaign video, page and online advertising? This all should have been done before they started the crowdfunding. We're not even a large enough community to fund a 8000 backer project in full, yet the current advertising strategy doesn't seem sure if it wants to attract former Heroscape players, or new players who have never played the original game.
Old October 17th, 2022, 05:23 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheGreat1999 View Post
If we can't reach the 50% mark (4000 backers) by the midpoint mark, in 7 days, then forget it. OP's projections are already quite high all because the initial numbers were really strong but we've been getting less than 100 backers a day for the last week.

All of what we're talking about, the campaign video, page and online advertising? This all should have been done before they started the crowdfunding. We're not even a large enough community to fund a 8000 backer project in full, yet the current advertising strategy doesn't seem sure if it wants to attract former Heroscape players, or new players who have never played the original game.
I am less pessimistic than you, though I agree the campaign landing page should have been in a better state from the beginning.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 17th, 2022, 06:04 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don’t think there is anything magical about the midpoint of the campaign. Furthermore, if this *does* fund (big if), I suspect it will get significantly more than 50% of its funding in the second half (likely at least a third in the last 72 hours).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 17th, 2022, 07:26 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
I think that the past successes on Haslab may have been misleading to the Hasbro people in charge of creating the presentation page for Heroscape.
Compared to the other products they crowdfunded, AoA is the best deal they're offering. It's a lot of plastic, on top of paying designers to develop and balance the characters, that they're offering at a price point far more reasonable than their other products. When I look at the others, such as the Ghostbusters or GI Joe, I'm a bit shocked. 19,062 people really backed the Ghostbusters one, which is something deliberately designed to look like a beat up piece of technology that doesn't actually do anything? I could instead put that money towards a PS5 which is an actually functioning piece of modern technology that doesn't look like I ripped the shell off of my lawnmower.

While Heroscape is a different type of product and so can't be marketed in the same way, as seen by the slow progress we've seen, I can understand why the Haslab people would have thought this would be an easier success given that Heroscape already has a community that has wanted new product for 12 years.

Over 10,000 people payed $575 for that Unicron? It's just a display piece that didn't require a team of playtesters. It certainly cost extra money to pay for the individual components to be assembled into a complete figure, but still I wouldn't pay that much for it
The Ghostbusters pack is a screen accurate prop replica and has internal moving parts. It comes with deco to make it match two different movies, and other add ons. The people who reviewed it said its really heavy, so it clearly has more material than HS. The paint application and attention to detail to make it screen accurate are what make it "worth it" to the people who bought it.

Unicron transforms. The amount of engineering it takes to make that possible probably rivals the playtest time spent on HeroScape.

However, Ghostbusters and Transformers both have wider target audiences than HeroScape. Even when HS was in print I was surprised when I met someone else who knew what it was. 8,000 backers for HS is a taller order than those other projects.

Edit: I backed the Sentinel, Razor Crest, HeroQuest, Galactus, Ghostbuster pack, HISS Tank, and tried to back the Rancor and Ghost Rider Car.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion