Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 18th, 2020, 03:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
The Book of The Thing (Fighter)

The Book of The Thing (Fighter)

C3G MARVEL PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 22
ROCK AND A HARD PLACE

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Marvel 10th Anniversary set.
Its model number and name are #003 / Thing.

Character Bio - The Thing, AKA Ben Grimm, is an “old school” poker player who plays all poker games well. He’s held many home games at the Baxter Building and the list of heroes he’s “clobbered” at the poker table has been epic. The Thing tends to be a loose-aggressive player that likes to have fun at the tables. And it is hard to bluff him. Money means little to him and nobody short of the Hulk is going to take him down in a fight. This allows him to play poker with zero fear. (Pokerupdate.com 2015)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 1st, 2022 at 07:48 PM. Reason: png
Old February 18th, 2020, 03:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of The Thing (Ben Grimm) II

NAME = THE THING
SECRET IDENTITY = BEN GRIMM

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = GRUFF

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 8

POINTS = 340

ACE IN THE HOLE
When a Unique Hero you control is destroyed, you may place any unrevealed Order Markers from its card on this card. For the rest of the round, when The Thing attacks, he may attack one additional time.

ONE MORE HAND
Once per game, if The Thing would be destroyed by receiving wounds, he instead takes no damage.

FOUR OF A KIND
After revealing Order Marker 3 on another card and taking a turn with that card, if you have three revealed Order Markers on the Army Cards of three other Unique Heroes in your army, you may immediately reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card and take a turn with The Thing. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Last edited by tcglkn; March 22nd, 2020 at 12:19 AM.
Old February 18th, 2020, 04:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Keeping with the Poker theme of the card, here is our comic art options. If anyone has any good ones, just post them in the thread and I'll add them here.

Old February 18th, 2020, 04:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Will you be able to erase the Sign Post during photo editing or will I need to physically remove it before taking the mini pics?

Either way, tossing him into a poker room for the mini card seems obvious here. Background options:

Last edited by Arkham; March 19th, 2020 at 04:14 AM.
Old February 18th, 2020, 04:19 PM
C3G Landlord

Alright, we've been talking in the sanctum about our desires for some 2.0 cards for the different members of the Fan4 that would be able to run around with other folks. For me Ben Grimm was the one I most wanted to draft into other armies, like the West Coast Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy, a team up with the Hulk, etc. So after a couple rounds of brainstorming, this is where his design ended up.

I obviously think it's in a pretty good place, but if anyone has any opinions you are always welcome to share them. Wanted to run him in the public eye here so he could get released right away and thus be an option when testing future 2.0 members of the team. He's got a team building kind of power in 4 of a Kind, which means he can play poker with any 3+ other heroes, including a Johnny Storm 2.0, Reed 2.0, and/or Sue 2.0. Oh, yeah and clearly we've decided to go with a fun poker theme here for his card.

I'll get a poker themed bio written up for him at some point, and I have the mini so I'll snap some pics when the sun cooperates. Just need to know if I need to snip off that sign post or not first. Think everything else has been taken care of other than figuring out a starting price for the initial testing.
Old February 18th, 2020, 04:33 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I love Four of a Kind.

The only "concern" I have is that he's such a team player, if he's the last figure standing he's a bit lackluster. But I'm not even sure that's a problem. Super cool design.
Old February 18th, 2020, 04:41 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I really like this design. It's definitely ideal for him to be paired with a lot of other (likely lower cost) heroes to maximize his power usage. Luke Cage will be a great pairing.
Old February 18th, 2020, 05:10 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I still think survivability is a tad too high. If he ignores 2 wounds with OMH, that’s putting him at Thor levels. I think certain allowances should certainly be made for “fighting spirit” but he still pretty regularly loses against Hulk.
Old February 18th, 2020, 05:15 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I still think survivability is a tad too high. If he ignores 2 wounds with OMH, that’s putting him at Thor levels. I think certain allowances should certainly be made for “fighting spirit” but he still pretty regularly loses against Hulk.
He doesn't have nearly the offensive output of Hulk or Thor though. Sure with boosters, but they would benefit just as much.
Old February 18th, 2020, 05:27 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of The Thing (Ben Grimm) (II)

I think the point still stands. Sure, if you put this design up against Thor or Hulk, Thing would lose. I’m just saying I don’t totally buy him in the “big leagues” of survivability up there with names like Superman and Thor. I think Thing I had it perfect, even without Invisible Woman around.
Old February 18th, 2020, 05:31 PM
...has moist legs

Oh, well that's a thematic disagreement then. Thing is pretty famous for holding his own against the Hulk.
Old February 18th, 2020, 06:51 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I do sort of lean in the direction of survivability - he's a lot like Daredevil in that they can take a beating, even if they can't necessarily swing with the big guys.

It'll be interesting to see how he plays on the table. I think he's been pretty thoroughly brainstormed, so I'm comfortable moving him forward as-is.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library