Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 5th, 2009, 06:19 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Re: 500 Point Competitive Armies

This thread has become ginormous, so please forgive me if this army has been posted in the past.

Gladitrons x3: 240
Airborne Elites: 110
"Shotgun" Sullivan: 65
James Murphy: 75
Isamu: 10
Total: 500

The idea is wonderful: Lock the opponent into place with the Gladitrons and then bombard them all at once with your ranged figures. If you can get the Gladitrons close to your foe early on, then when the Elites drop they have loads of targets to bomb. Similiarly with Sullivan and Murphy, two of my favorite low cost heroes. Isamu is obviously filler.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old May 5th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Why not put blastitrons in there...that would seem to make much more sense than the cowboys and AE?
Old May 5th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Yes and no. The Glads lock down the enemy while the AE have 4 shots at them, same as the Blastas, but the Blastas are really fragile as well as useless without the Glads protecting them.

I am not too sure about them there cowpokes, though...I've never been a fan.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:13 PM

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

True, the blasts are useless without Glads...but he has them. The points he's spending on AE and Cowboys could get 3 (I think) squads of blasts...that's much better than only 4 of the AE.
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:31 PM

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

What I meant is that you can assume that 1-2 Glads will be engaged to any given target at any time, generally, unless you're pretty lucky or your opponent wears a helmet while walking, so it's safe to assume that the max dice you'd get on even ground is 3 attack. Better to go with the AE instead as they are far more durable, have good range, and are good shots.

In retrospect, drop the dillweed cowpokes and...

AE-110 (110) (4)
2x Glads-160 (270) (12)
2x Blastas-120 (390) (20)
1x Raelin I - 80 (470) (21)
1x Isamu - 10 (480) (22)
1x Marcu - 20 (500) (23)

That's way better than the original, even though I hate Blastatrons...

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:

Last edited by SuperflyTNT; May 5th, 2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old May 5th, 2009, 09:03 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Blasts are 60 points each, so you're 20 over...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 5th, 2009, 09:04 PM

Yeah, I caught that. Too bad...

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old May 5th, 2009, 09:05 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker

The point wasn't for the range units to just shoot, but for them to grenade and shotgun multiple units at one time. Hopefully you will manage to do that by locking them in place with the Gladitrons.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old May 5th, 2009, 09:30 PM

The problem there is that the Glads themselves are fairly fragile when not engaged. So if they are being affected by your own ranged attacks your barrier will fall even quicker than if just your opponent was pounding on them.

This is all in theory though as I've never played the Glads but played against them plenty of times.
Old May 5th, 2009, 09:52 PM

That's kind of my point. The glads by themselves suck and are only marginally improved by the Blasties who pretty much suck unless they are under Raelin's protection. The only good is that they bond. but one is better off spending the points on KOWs and Gilbert. or even Macdirkies and Gilbert if you're looking to up attack dice conditionally.

I've played the BeeGees extensively and they are simply too hard to make work unless you have 2\3 of each which is 160+120 at a minimum and 240+180 for 3 of each which only leaves 220 or 60 points to fill and you're already at 16 or 24 hexes...for a 500 point game it's just a bad fit IMO.

I was famous, once...
Visit my site:
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:29 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
That's kind of my point. The glads by themselves suck and are only marginally improved by the Blasties who pretty much suck unless they are under Raelin's protection. The only good is that they bond. but one is better off spending the points on KOWs and Gilbert. or even Macdirkies and Gilbert if you're looking to up attack dice conditionally.

I've played the BeeGees extensively and they are simply too hard to make work unless you have 2\3 of each which is 160+120 at a minimum and 240+180 for 3 of each which only leaves 220 or 60 points to fill and you're already at 16 or 24 hexes...for a 500 point game it's just a bad fit IMO.
I don't know - Trons have performed pretty darn well in tournaments between 500 - 550 points. It's the army I'm the most afraid of. They have superior mobility and attack power than most other armies, and they can limit your mobility. I hate playing against them.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post

I don't know - Trons have performed pretty darn well in tournaments between 500 - 550 points. It's the army I'm the most afraid of. They have superior mobility and attack power than most other armies, and they can limit your mobility. I hate playing against them.
I won the National Heroscape Day Tournament 08 in Florida with this army...

020 - Marcu Esenwein
120 - Blastatrons x2
160 - Gladiatrons x2
185 - Zelrig
010 - Isamu

It performed quite well for me and defeated several armies using multiple A+ rated figures.

Here is a link to the battle report I wrote for the tournament...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...480#post694480

Hope you like it.
~Zealot

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion