Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 27th, 2007, 11:14 AM

Fatespuppet has disabled reputation
Labeling Figures/Map Tiles

I apologize if there is a topic for this already.

How are people labeling their map tiles and figures to keep them from being mixed up during tournaments and larger scale games? Is there a standard practice? Sharpie? Stickers? Engraving? Gold Leaf?

This is not the path I thought.
This is not the place I sought.
This is not the dream I bought,
just a fever of fate I've caught.
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:20 AM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!
If you need to, Sharpies would be the simplest method methinks...

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:22 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Some folks write their initials with a Sharpie on the underside of each tile. I've seen some folks just toss rubberband on their figures so they know which figures are theirs. Also, the extra rubberbands make great prize support at the end of the tourney.
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:33 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Every individual piece I own has my initials on the bottom written with a sharpie.
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
Every individual piece I own has my initials on the bottom written with a sharpie.
Same with my figures.

The terrain I took to a tournament is also labeled.
But I've not gotten around to doing the rest. Nor do I think I will.

I will not label my sparkly, ic, or molten with a Sharpie as I don't want the translucency of the tiles to show - from the topside - the initials.

My biggest tip for this thread for those who have a lot of RttFF trees - under my trees I've put my initials as well as the heights!
It was driving me me batty determining those heights!
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:46 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
My biggest tip for this thread for those who have a lot of RttFF trees - under my trees I've put my initials as well as the heights!
Great idea. The height of the trees has never come up in my games, but I'm gonna go write them in now just in case.
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:50 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
I will not label my sparkly, ic, or molten with a Sharpie as I don't want the translucency of the tiles to show - from the topside - the initials.
For my water tiles I made a small line on one side along the edge. You can't see it from the top.
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
Quote:
Great idea. The height of the trees has never come up in my games, but I'm gonna go write them in now just in case.
That is a great idea!
Old November 27th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I mark all my pieces except sparkly water and ice. I mark molten lava, since it is solid red and opaque. Sharpies work wonders.

Naturally, I haven't marked my battlements, but as long as I get all 100 of them back, I don't care where they are from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old November 27th, 2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha
I mark all my pieces except sparkly water and ice. I mark molten lava, since it is solid red and opaque. Sharpies work wonders.

Naturally, I haven't marked my battlements, but as long as I get all 100 of them back, I don't care where they are from.
I've marked every piece, battlements, ladders, castle bases, figures, glyphs, order markers and tiles. Am I crazy?!?
Old November 27th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
Quote:
That is a great idea!
It's not so much an issue with the 15-height of course, but the other trees?
I don't have the colors committed to memory and I have 50 trees total, so it makes sense for me to label the heights when creating a map - either from instructions or when I'm symmetrically trying to even out a board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha
Nukatha, you're correct, the Molten is opaque solid red. But I still have fears of marking the underside with Sharpie.

Quote:

I've marked every piece, battlements, ladders, castle bases, figures, glyphs, order markers and tiles. Am I crazy?!?
Paranoid, perhaps?
Old November 27th, 2007, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Paranoid, perhaps?
Let's go with thorough

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion