Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old January 13th, 2012, 01:13 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
The Rage mechanic seems quite cool and I like it. The Fatigue one, though, seems much less smooth and I don't like it. I think I'll get fatigue just trying to keep track of those little black markers. (Okay, not really, but it seems "nitpicky" to me. Not fun.)
As far as I can tell, the Fatigue mechanic simply means that, if you use him again on the next OM, he is weaker than his base stats. I think it is a good balancing mechanic. And easier (I think) to keep track of when he is fatigued this way than to simply make the subsequent weakness part of the Rage ability.

Personally, I like him and I think I will try playtesting him (by proxy).

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old January 13th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

He does look fun and I'm glad you're going to give him a whirl.

Just to be clear, though, what I meant was that rather than have one power (Rage) that gives him a big boost. And then another power (Fatigue) that whittles a way at that, one marker at a time. I'd rather see him with a single power (Rage) that was constant (though perhaps not as strong).

I don't enjoy messing with markers every round I'm using a guy. I don't know about anyone else, but plenty of players seem to forget to even turn around their OMs, let alone adding another marker to use on a turn by turn basis.

Anyhow, just my feelings. Fatigue feels like more of a hassle to gameplay than a boost to my enjoyment of playing Rorshack.
Old January 13th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Not crazy about the Fatigue mechanic in general and especially for this guy. to reviewing William099's Rorshack.

Interesting (and not surprising) that krysto influenced this card; like all of his nominations from a few months ago it looks like a lot of TLC went into this gadgety custom.

Also I commend your mini selection. Excellent way to resolve the availability issue.

Understand my vote is not a reflection on the quality of the custom and I encourage you to enjoy playing with it. It looks like fun, like Krysto's did. I just don't think it conforms neatly with the Heroscape canon. More fun than elegant, you might say.

Thanks for sharing him with us, William.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; January 14th, 2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old January 13th, 2012, 04:31 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Gents, could I beg for guidelines regarding availability to be formulated and posted in the OP? Ideally specifying the minimum for unique heroes, common heroes, unique squads, and two-, three-, and four-man common squads. Since availability seems to be a major criterion in accepting/rejecting units for review, codifying the requirements would seem to be a matter of no small urgency.

EDIT: Don't mean to sound demanding. Just think it's important.

Last edited by Typhon2222; January 13th, 2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old January 13th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

We get asked this question from time to time, Typhon. There isn't an easy answer.

On the one hand, you might have a Unique Hero who is very niche-y, maybe something expensive and marginally useful only with a horde of Shades of Bleakewoode. Maybe 40 of them? Something like that?

An obvious proxy - as William099 had with Rorshack - could drive the number even lower.

But an inexpensive common squad of four would be very different. How many units would people want? Well, if 25 people wanted 3 squads each, that's 25x3x4, or 300.

And if nobody has them but Auggie, and he has 120, that's not the same as 30 each at Auggie, MM, CSI, and T&T. Because Auggie's inventory can fluctuate wildly.

It just has to be a case by case basis, Typhon, but those are some of my thoughts.

= =
Old January 13th, 2012, 04:45 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Thanks D_S. I understand the difficult better after reading your post, and appreciate that one doesn't want to have to codify something so variable and contingent.

But even cutting-and-pasting the above into the OP would still help, I think. As it is now, one has to search through page after page hunting for comments on availability.
Old January 13th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I don't think that there's any argument that Fatigue is a dense power (it took me a couple reads to smoothly understand it), but I like the tactical complexity it adds to Rage, and in the long run I don't think that it's anymore complicated than the Repulsors, or that it will slow the game any more than Reavers. I also like that Rage and Fatigue are broken into two powers. It helps with the clarity , in my opinion. And, as a 3.0 Brb at heart, I like how it keeps their theme.

I vote YES to review Rorshack by William099.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old January 13th, 2012, 11:55 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I also vote YES to review Rorshack by William099.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old January 14th, 2012, 02:53 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My problem with Fatigue (as written) is that it can be interpreted to mean that if at any time during the entire game you have used the Rage ability, every turn you use him thereafter (until he dies or the game ends) he will get a Fatigue marker. I'm pretty sure this is not what is meant.

Maybe just every activation in the same round? Or only once per Rage (at the end if the turn in which he Raged)?

@William99 - what is the intent?

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old January 14th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
My problem with Fatigue (as written) is that it can be interpreted to mean that if at any time during the entire game you have used the Rage ability, every turn you use him thereafter (until he dies or the game ends) he will get a Fatigue marker. I'm pretty sure this is not what is meant.

Maybe just every activation in the same round? Or only once per Rage (at the end if the turn in which he Raged)?

~Z
I think this is the only way to read the card. If it's supposed to work differently, please let us know.

= =
Old January 15th, 2012, 04:30 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post

~Z
He only gains a fatigue marker when taking a turn in rage (If the X order marker is revealed) after the end of the round when order markers are reset he no longer gains fatigue markers until someone reveals the X on him again which would activate rage. That was my intent, if he doesn't use rage then he doesn't get fatigued.

For example:

I reveal OM 1 and the X on Rorshack he becomes a 6 attack, 7 move, 1+1 defense figure, at turn end I put a fatigue marker on him he is now a 5 attack, 6 move figure with 1+1

On OM 2 I move the Warforged Soldiers, which removes the fatigue marker from Rorshack who is still recieving the bonus from Rage until the end of round and thus brings him back to a 6,7,1+1, then

on OM 3 I move Rorshack again earning another Fatigue marker and ending the round a 5,6,1+1 so even with the Fatigue he still stays more powerful then his base when raging. At the start of the next round Rorshack is now a 4,3,3+1 (Because Rage is no longer active)

Basically at the end of each round Rage ends and he no longer gains fatigue markers (unless on OM 1 I put him straight back into Rage), any he has stay on him if I reveal order markers on his card without first revealing an OM elsewhere. Does that clear it up? How about if I worded it:

"After you have activated Rage at the end of each turn taken with Rorshack while Rage is active place one black fatigue marker on Rorshack's army card." Bold is the new text I would add to the card is that clearer?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by William099; January 15th, 2012 at 04:35 AM.
Old January 15th, 2012, 06:03 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

William099 much better looking card. And thank you for clarifying how you use Fatigue but, their does need to be a change in wording if Rage is to not always be activated...more like Siege.

I agree with 1Mmirg and don't like or think I would enjoy using the fatigue mechanic.

I vote NO to review Rorshack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs