Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 11th, 2010, 01:38 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Tournament Armies Played

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
100 club is sweet I guess, just for some of us, it took a few more tournament games to get there.
I'm almost there. Just 3 more wins!!!
So three more events and you should be there

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old May 11th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Quote:
100 club is sweet I guess, just for some of us, it took a few more tournament games to get there.
Or I just need to play you 3 more times.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 11th, 2010, 01:46 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Or I just need to play you 3 more times.
I knew I was going to get burned when i posted that, but I couldn't help myself. It's too bad I won't be making it up to GenCon this year to give you the chance.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old May 11th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Inter-NHSD Toronto - Oct 2009:
525, unlimited start zone
Army = 4 x 10th, Marcus, Old Drake, Isumu (520)
loss to Padlock
Results 3-1 (Excluded from Finals as Tournment Director)

Toronto Treasure Tournment - March 2010
Capture the Treasure Glyph, (500)
Army = Axegrinders x 3, Theracus, Nilfheim, Darrak (500)
Results 4-1 (round robin) 1-0 Victory Match.
Defeated Firemaster in the Final

Total: 8-2, (80%) and One Tournment Victory.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old May 11th, 2010, 05:00 PM
has been BANNED

airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker airdroppers knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Toronto Treasure Tournment - March 2010
Capture the Treasure Glyph, (500)
Army = Axegrinders x 3, Theracus, Nilfheim, Darrak (500)
Results 4-1 (round robin) 1-0 Victory Match.
Defeated Firemaster in the Final

Total: 8-2, (80%) and One Tournment Victory.
My army for this tournament was:
Stingers X4
Raelin
Cyprien
Marcu
Isamu

Came in 3rd (had to play for it) with a 5-1 record. Lost one of the games near the end and lost a lot of points.

Can't believe people have over 100 tournament games. That's a tough opponent.
Old May 11th, 2010, 05:26 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdroppers View Post
Can't believe people have over 100 tournament games. That's a tough opponent.
Those few have over 100 tournament wins. That is what makes it so insane. I have played a total 16 tournament games. If I keep the same win rate I would have to play in about 24 more tournaments to have that number of wins. Unbelievable. I am so jealous.

Last edited by yagyuninja; May 11th, 2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Seriously. One tourney a month for the next two years? :P
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Going to GenCon helps you rack up a lot of games... I've played in ~23 games each time I've gone.*

I'll have to play in a lot of tournaments at GenCon to break 100. I'm at 85 wins right now, and I was planning on scaling it back to just 3 events this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; May 13th, 2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: *record is worse though, at 15-8 each year.
Old May 13th, 2010, 08:28 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Post-finals update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
May 1, 2010 Event. 600 Points, Kill 'em All.
Tor-Kul-Na, Marrden Nagrubs x3, Raelin RotV, Phantom Knights x3
5-1 rolling rumble, won finals, first place.
Wins over GeneralRolondo, Daniel, Seth A, Stryker, Revloscaper, loss to lafleurhero, win over chief in finals.

Overall record: 21-1, 95%.
ETA: Matthias, unfortunately you weren't there for this one, but I won it with all-melee just for you.

Last edited by dok; May 14th, 2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old May 13th, 2010, 08:51 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

all games included I am now 9-9
Old May 19th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

4-1, not too shabby for a bunch of Granite Guardians.

(Killercactus would be proud.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post

Richardson Open - May 2010:
Army = RotV Raelin, Syvarris, Granite Guardians x 3 (480 pts)
Loss to Dignan, Wins against CheddarLimbo, Dissoltio, & two gun murphy (and his totally broken spider/wyvern army! Give me rats and Q-9 over that mess any day!).
Results 4-1 (Tied Dignan for second place)

I am 58-25-1 overall for 69% win rate.

updated May 2010
I went up a whole percentage point! Woo Hoo!

After the Texas Draft tournament I know my win rate will drop again. I am no darn good at the ding dang draft...

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old May 19th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Lag double post.

Many apologies.

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old May 20th, 2010, 08:31 AM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Going to GenCon helps you rack up a lot of games... I've played in ~23 games each time I've gone.*

I'll have to play in a lot of tournaments at GenCon to break 100. I'm at 85 wins right now, and I was planning on scaling it back to just 3 events this year.
I'm planning on 7 tourneys. I wished that I would have kept track of my record. I guess I could go through the archives and figure it out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion