Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old February 17th, 2012, 01:30 PM
If it doesn't use 20+ sets, you're not doing it right!

Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr. Weirdscaper is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Evolution and Creation

I'm working on my own theory.

I'm calling it the 'Box of Legos' theory.
Old February 17th, 2012, 02:21 PM

Prometheus is surprisingly tart

I would say the same thing about the evolution "theory"; it's not really worthy of theoryhood (which I know isn't a word). The thing about theories is that they have to be demonstrated experimentally. Unfortunately, you can't perform experiments on the past (unless someone manages to invent time travel). Evolution has not been demonstrated in the present either (evolutionists would of course say it's just too slow for that). Creation and Evolution are not worthy of being theories because their very nature makes them extremely hard to prove.

L.K.R.
Old February 17th, 2012, 02:24 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

How do you know for a fact that you are not some computer program running in a simulation and the perceived world is real. If fact, how does one know anything is real if you can't go outside of that reality and recreate it. Until someone creates another universe with a either a big bang or speaking life into existence, they are both theories. In till someone creates life from no life, life itself it is a theory, an no one can prove you or I are actually alive.

Last edited by lefton4ya; February 17th, 2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Snarcasm makes it hard to judge
Old February 17th, 2012, 02:31 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Osiris View Post
Darwin himself even denied this ludicrous theory, and yet we still teach it in schools. Things that were proven a hoax are still taught, but that's my belief...
You're sure set in trying to stir up Heroscapers, aren't you? Here we were having no arguments about Evolution, Politics, or Sexual Preferences, and in you come. :P

Reading my first post, man was I looking for an argument back then. I've refined my beliefs a bit where I'm not so annoying about how I talk about these things now. Oh, and Darwin never renounced his evolutionary theory on his deathbed. That's merely a myth.

Same here. My early arguments in this thread make me cringe now.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old February 17th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
I would say the same thing about the evolution "theory"; it's not really worthy of theoryhood (which I know isn't a word). The thing about theories is that they have to be demonstrated experimentally. Unfortunately, you can't perform experiments on the past (unless someone manages to invent time travel). Evolution has not been demonstrated in the present either (evolutionists would of course say it's just too slow for that). Creation and Evolution are not worthy of being theories because their very nature makes them extremely hard to prove.
Actually, evolution has been demostrated in the real world many times. It has predictive power (with predictions being proven true). It has experimental support (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._coli...ion_experiment)

Just because you cannot be bothered to do the barest of research into the matter doesn't mean you can claim there is no evidence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_evolution

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 17th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
How do you know for a fact that you are not some computer program running in a simulation and the perceived world is real.
OOOH! I wanna run with this!

1) how do you know water isn't a drug and the withdrawl kills you in a few days?
2) how do you know you aren't schizophrenic, and everyone around you are the voices in your head?
3) how do we know 'Scape isn't the actual world, and we are gods that manipulate this world? The less 'Scape there is on the market, the less natural resources there are in said world.
4) how do we know that we are the dreams of some higher beings, and every time one of us dies, a being has woken up?

You see how this gets a bit ridiculous?
Old February 17th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
The thing about hypotheses is that they have to be demonstrated experimentally.
This is what you mean to say translated into scientific jargon.
Old February 17th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
How about bacteria and antibiotic resistance? Hmm?
Old February 17th, 2012, 07:46 PM

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
How about bacteria and antibiotic resistance? Hmm?
Possibly the best modern example of evolution. Here it is, fast evolution for dummies:
1) You get sick, with a bacterial infection (call it an ingrown toenail).
2) You take medicine for said infection (antibiotics).
3) Almost all of the bacteria die, about 99 of every 100. Don't call me on my numbers here.
4) The ones that survive breed, in or out of you, giving rise to a generation that carries their genes that allowed them to survive the medication.
5) They go on to infect others with their superior genetics. We get a stronger drug to fight them off. Rinse and repeat. Leading us to staph infections. Wonderful thing, isn't it?
Old February 17th, 2012, 07:53 PM

vikinglad knows what's in an order marker vikinglad knows what's in an order marker

Is this what y'all mean by "TheoryScaping?" I somehow thought it would be more fun than this.
Old February 17th, 2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikinglad View Post
Is this what y'all mean by "TheoryScaping?" I somehow thought it would be more fun than this.
That joke was so bad and yet so funny. I should hit you over the head with it, in a violently comical sort of way.
Old February 18th, 2012, 02:10 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

As far as I can tell, the United States is the only developed western country in which a good portion of its population reject evolution and believe in creationism.

As far as I can tell, the United States is also the only developed western country in which a good portion of its population believe in the existence of UFOs.

Are those unrelated sentiments? I doubt it.

We're a very odd country.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General