Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:17 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Deathstrike Thrall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
I wonder if there's a mathematical breakdown for when to use Deathstrike... In the game I played with them I pretty much always used it unless I had height.

My idea was that if they can go out and kill a squad and themselves, then that's better than missing and letting the squad kill the thrall next turn. Against heroes it's pretty much always worth it to Deathstrike.

It stinks to be in the end game with a few Deathstrikes, because they're either neutered or you have some difficult decisions to make. In the game we played I failed to kill my opponent's last Skeleton with a normal attack from the Deathstrike, and it went on to take the game. Wondering if I should have used Return to the Grave so the game would have been a draw instead of a loss...

These guys more or less outclass the Preybloods. Not really, but they get close. Deathstrike is always an asset, but I have yet to use Blood Hunger. Preybloods have their niche, but I'd rather spam Deathstrikes and not have to worry about setting up Blood Hunger.
I don't think one can say that one of the thralls is better than the other, since they're meant to be used together, in the same build. The whole idea here is that you can use Mindless pack to activate a couple of thralls (say, a DS and then a PB), use Return to the Grave to get a couple of wounds on a Hero, and then be able to use Blood Hunger against that Hero to bring it down. It's actually a very useful system.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:44 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Deathstrikes have the nice 6 attack, but preyblood's longevity helps it a lot too. Nick has to do less when all your Thralls aren't digging their own graves and jumping in them. Don't the Preybloods get extra move for a wounded hero too? That's another small advantage.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:50 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Deathstrikes have the nice 6 attack, but preyblood's longevity helps it a lot too. Nick has to do less when all your Thralls aren't digging their own graves and jumping in them. Don't the Preybloods get extra move for a wounded hero too? That's another small advantage.
That's the point of the combo. The Deathstrike uses it powerful 6 dice attack to wound a hero, and then the Preyblood get bonus move and attack when moving towards a that wounded hero. Then Nick flies around to kill weak units to spawn more Thralls.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:58 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Yes I was agreeing with that. That's why a mix of preybloods and deathstrikes is much better than all of one or the other- quite a nice design feat for customscape.

Saves everyone having to buy 6 of each when 3 DS + 3 PB work fine.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 11:03 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Yes I was agreeing with that. That's why a mix of preybloods and deathstrikes is much better than all of one or the other- quite a nice design feat for customscape.

Saves everyone having to buy 6 of each when 3 DS + 3 PB work fine.
3 DS and 5PB. .

Actually, with the armies I've played, you want 1 more Preyblood than Deathstrikes if you're limited to 150 points, anything above that you should do 2 extra PB's. Dunno why, it just seems to work well.
Old June 24th, 2012, 11:29 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Valid points all around, but I will definitely always take more Deathstrikes than Preybloods. This is Squadscape, not Heroscape. The Preybloods are vanilla most of the time, whereas the Deathstrikes always have the option to Return to the Grave.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old June 24th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
These guys more or less outclass the Preybloods. Not really, but they get close. Deathstrike is always an asset, but I have yet to use Blood Hunger. Preybloods have their niche, but I'd rather spam Deathstrikes and not have to worry about setting up Blood Hunger.
You often don't have to work that hard. In the last game I played with thralls, Nick flew over to Tul-Bak-Ra, who had a Marro squaddie beside him (teleported in as a reinforcement, natch). Instead of attacking Toolbox, Nick took out the squaddie, replacing him with a previously destroyed Deathstrike. My next turn is on thralls, I roll enough to move 2 thralls, first the Deathstrike kamikazes on TBR to put even more wounds on him, next my closest Preyblood is getting +3 attack, as long as he's close enough to reach TBR, which, with +3 move, he is. I didn't really set anything up, it just all worked out that way. (Toolbox died, of course. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old June 24th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I'll agree that Deathstrikes are better in a lot of ways, but Xotli is right that getting Blood Hunger to work isn't too hard if you're playing against heroes at all. (Pure Squadscape is a beater for Preybloods, but that's just how it works--we have to price units based on their optimal values, not just their average use.)

Also, Preybloods do actually work as a swarm quite well without Nick. Don't try that with Deathstrikes!
Old July 11th, 2012, 06:27 PM

Heroscapeguy Woo who?

A question about MINDLESS PACK: can I take a turn with each thrall individually, (one thrall moves and attacks, the next thrall moves and attacks, and so on) or do I have to move with them all at once, then attack with them all at once?

I'm guessing it's the first one, but I want to make sure.

The only thing wrong with vacations is that there's no Heroscape!
Old July 11th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscapeguy View Post
A question about MINDLESS PACK: can I take a turn with each thrall individually, (one thrall moves and attacks, the next thrall moves and attacks, and so on) or do I have to move with them all at once, then attack with them all at once?

I'm guessing it's the first one, but I want to make sure.
You are correct. They are common heroes, not squads, so you take turns with each one individually (just like Elementals).

Old July 11th, 2012, 08:00 PM

Heroscapeguy Woo who?

Thanks, awsomeunleashed.

The only thing wrong with vacations is that there's no Heroscape!
Old July 12th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscapeguy View Post
A question about MINDLESS PACK: can I take a turn with each thrall individually, (one thrall moves and attacks, the next thrall moves and attacks, and so on) ...
Not only can you, you must. That's what the card says to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs