Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old August 22nd, 2007, 09:37 AM

Location: Seeking a local agency for the missing bodies of Jamaica's Royal Family...
Ricky007 has disabled reputation
Fun with the Skull

When I roll my skull dice, I place each one specially before rolling on the skull unadjacent to the black space. That way I usually roll skulls. Would you call this cheating?

This is what I do for a living:
Old August 22nd, 2007, 09:42 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I have no idea what that's even supposed to mean.

So I'm going to go with 'yes.'

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 22nd, 2007, 09:49 AM

Location: Seeking a local agency for the missing bodies of Jamaica's Royal Family...
Ricky007 has disabled reputation
Okay then..

The red squares indicate skulls, blue shields, white blank. The red square with the cross indicates the dice that faces the sky before I roll. 62% of the time, it lands on skulls.

This is what I do for a living:
Old August 22nd, 2007, 09:54 AM

ASmiles Woo who?
I have a friend that "trains" his dice by having them all face skulls when they are not being rolled. That's fine, because he actuallys rolls the dice when it's his turn.

If you are not thoroughly shaking and tumbling the dice so that each face has the same likelyhood of coming up then you are cheating.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old August 22nd, 2007, 10:01 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Fun with the Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky007
When I roll my skull dice, I place each one specially before rolling on the skull unadjacent to the black space. That way I usually roll skulls. Would you call this cheating?
I prefer to win or lose on skill or lack there of. Not on cheap gimicks or parlor tricks. You try this crap with me and I will quietly pack my gear and move on.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 22nd, 2007, 10:07 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I agree with Grungebob. Any rolling, sliding, flipping technique designed to give an advantage over random dice rolling is cheating. This is why dice cups and dice towers are useful items.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 10:21 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Re: Fun with the Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky007
I prefer to win or lose on skill or lack there of. Not on cheap gimicks or parlor tricks. You try this crap with me and I will quietly pack my gear and move on.
I agree with Gb on this. I think that you should use a dice tower or a cup for rolling your dice. Not everyone needs to, but if you are trying to "cheat" the luck factor in a game then you are not playing right.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 10:27 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
If you are manipulating dice results then you are cheating. Spend your efforts and energy on tactics rather than gimmicks.

Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:41 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
I distract my opponent by pointing at something behind them before making an important roll. While their back is turned, I place the dice on the table with the sides facing up that I needed for that roll. When they turn back around I say that I must have been mistaken about the "thing" behind them then I feign amazement at the result of my roll. Is this considered cheating?

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old August 22nd, 2007, 01:22 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
One of my brothers (hereafter referred to as Brother 1) carefully buffed the skulls off one side of a set of red dice so that there were only 2 skulls per die.
He used these trick dice himself in order to purposely throw a game against Brother 2.

Brother 2 had been on a losing streak and was bitter about it.
He also was sick and tired of playing against Brother 1's favorite army of Roman Legions and Me-Burq-Sa.

So, just as Brother 2 was basking in the glow of victory, having finally beaten the Romans, Brother 1 revealed the trick dice, which made Brother 2 while Brother 1 was
Not nice!
Old August 22nd, 2007, 01:32 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I thought this fit under one of Nether's face punching rules?
Old August 22nd, 2007, 01:45 PM

Hedge Knight Woo who?
This "gaming the dice" stuff is way too basic for me.

What I do is I pretend to call up a friend and have him come over, then I imagine that we build a map and draft armies--I even handicap myself 100 pts and always use Dund and Taelord. Then I imagine that we play a game full of strategic brilliancies on my part, which I win so resoundingly that my friend goes out to his car and cries.

The next day I call him up and taunt him mercilessly, and when he says he doesn't know what I'm talking about, I tell him he must have blocked out the total pwnage so that he could go on with his life.

You should try that. I can usually get in like 6 games a night with my system, and I'm totally undefeated. In fact, I beat you three times while I was writing this post.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's