Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old May 26th, 2020, 08:14 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Wasn't going to chime in originally but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18
I don't really feel much sympathy for the people who continue to complain now about TLJ and TROS in addition, because this is basically what they asked for.
Absolute bullsh*t. TLJ is awful because of its abysmal writing and RoS has the exact same problem. They're just two different flavors of bad; one just happens to be more desperate to please than the other. It's like ordering a medium steak and getting a raw one because the cook wanted to "subvert my expectations", sending it back and then getting one burnt to a crisp that tastes like lighter fluid because the manager was trying way too hard to fix the problem. I'd hardly call that getting what I deserve.

I'd say RoS is slightly better than TLJ just because it's more enjoyably bad and at the very least JJ Abrams knows what a throwaway line is, but honestly you could endlessly sort which of the Disney Trilogy is the best and which one is the worst depending on who you ask.

At least The Clone Wars four-part finale was fantastic.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 27th, 2020, 10:01 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Wasn't going to chime in originally but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
It's like ordering a medium steak and getting a raw one because the cook wanted to "subvert my expectations", sending it back and then getting one burnt to a crisp that tastes like lighter fluid because the manager was trying way too hard to fix the problem. I'd hardly call that getting what I deserve.
But see that's exactly why I think Avatar and Pacific Rim are really bad films. 5 minutes into both of them I knew exactly what was going to happen. I don't want a paint by numbers films, I want to see something new and exciting. But I also really like trying as many new foods as possible. I'm not a "steak and potatoes all day every day" kind of guy.

It's just a total different mindset. I totally understand why people didn't like seeing the characters act certain ways. I personally love it when you throw as many curveballs as characters and throw them through the ringer and see how they react. It's one reason Battlestar Galactica is my favorite TV show. They pounded and pounded those characters, and seeing all of them break in different ways and dealing with consequences is fantastic to me.

I'm never going to argue TLJ is an amazing movie. The whole sequels are riddled with issues. Like I said above, if all of them were more like TFA, fine. If all of them were like TLJ, fine. The issue is that ROS isn't connected to the previous 2 in any way. It threw out all character development from TLJ, and basically rehashed TFA yet again (Gotta find the macguffin, also Death Star at the end).
Old May 27th, 2020, 10:20 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Unpopular?

I liked TLJ but it probably has more to do with the fact that I love subverting expectations and I have liked pretty much everything I've seen from Rian Johnson.

I also have a hard time hating PM because the movie introduced me to Liam Neeson. I find AotC the worst because it has very long segments of boringness.

I think I align pretty closely to everyone else on everything else.

~Dysole, who admittedly enjoys a number of spec fic series a lot more than Star Wars
Old May 27th, 2020, 10:24 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Unpopular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I find AotC the worst because it has very long segments of boringness.
As bad as Anakin and Jar Jar were in TPM, I get physically ill during the "romance" in AOTC
Old May 27th, 2020, 11:52 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Unpopular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I find AotC the worst because it has very long segments of boringness.
As bad as Anakin and Jar Jar were in TPM, I get physically ill during the "romance" in AOTC
You don’t like sand?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies