Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 20th, 2010, 05:12 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of the Mind Flayer Mastermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
So, in theory I could keep Enslaving one Mind Flayer to another one, and visa versa, therefore creating an endless chain of Mind Flayer dominance, if the d20 falls my way, correct?
No, because you have to reveal and Order Marker on the Mindflayer in order to use Enslave.
Ok, I knew there would be a catch. My bad.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old September 20th, 2010, 08:59 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Also the last line of the Enslave power reads "Enslave does not affect Mind Flayers".

Old September 27th, 2010, 08:24 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Arr, Mateys! In the first play of our new Pirates! scenario (see Kolakoski's blog), my MM Enslaved an opposing Sonlen aboard the enemy vessel, and forced him to leap off the ship into the water below, killing him--a maneuver we now call WALK THE PLANK! Shiver me timbers, that was a good one!

Last edited by chas; September 27th, 2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old September 27th, 2010, 12:33 PM

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Also the last line of the Enslave power reads "Enslave does not affect Mind Flayers".
You could have had more fun with this. Look at my example .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
So, in theory I could keep Enslaving one Mind Flayer to another one, and visa versa, therefore creating an endless chain of Mind Flayer dominance, if the d20 falls my way, correct?
No, because you have to reveal and Order Marker on the Mindflayer in order to use Enslave.

But you could still Enslave another Mind Flayer and use him to attack or whatever. Just no endless Enslaving.
Except the last line on the Enslave power says it doesn't affect Mind Flayers, so you too.

See so much more fun with a rare opportunity .

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of darkness
Old September 27th, 2010, 02:24 PM

Vivaldi is surprisingly tart

This guy has terrifying potential against low defense bonding squads, especially ones with beastly heroes. Just think about blasting a nagrub dropping an OM, then going on a rampage with TKN, or vaporizing a spider then assassinating their Raelin with Sujoah. The same goes for blades/Grimnak, arrows/Krug, Greenscales/Nilfheim, Romans/Mogrimm.

Even more devastating is if you run an Ornak and 2x flayers against low defense squads. you can basically erase their round on OM 1, giving you a 1 OM advantage. I can see this working on cutters, non-valiant 4th, aubriens, MRT, and maybe even zombies.
Old September 27th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivaldi View Post
This guy has terrifying potential against low defense bonding squads, especially ones with beastly heroes. Just think about blasting a nagrub dropping an OM, then going on a rampage with TKN, or vaporizing a spider then assassinating their Raelin with Sujoah. The same goes for blades/Grimnak, arrows/Krug, Greenscales/Nilfheim, Romans/Mogrimm.

Even more devastating is if you run an Ornak and 2x flayers against low defense squads. you can basically erase their round on OM 1, giving you a 1 OM advantage. I can see this working on cutters, non-valiant 4th, aubriens, MRT, and maybe even zombies.
Only works on Unique or uncommon heroes.
Old September 27th, 2010, 06:39 PM

RickyDMMontoya is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivaldi View Post

Only works on Unique or uncommon heroes.
No, Psionic Blast (which is what removes the enemy order markers) works on any figure/card.

Rules Lawyer.
Old October 11th, 2010, 10:38 PM

hero9510 is surprisingly tart

Ok, didn't see it so here goes:
I enslave my opponents Finn. I drop him into lava and kill him. The way I read the card, Finn's card reverts back to the original owner and he gets to place Finn. Is this correct or can I suicide him and put Finn on my own card?
It seems that since I never really come into possession of the card I can use it, but if someone has another thought I'd appreciate it.

If power corrupts,
and absolute power corrupts absolutely,
and knowledge is power,
does absolute knowledge corrupt absolutely?
Old October 11th, 2010, 11:29 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero9510 View Post
Ok, didn't see it so here goes:
I enslave my opponents Finn. I drop him into lava and kill him. The way I read the card, Finn's card reverts back to the original owner and he gets to place Finn. Is this correct or can I suicide him and put Finn on my own card?
It seems that since I never really come into possession of the card I can use it, but if someone has another thought I'd appreciate it.
You only gain temporary control of the figure, so no you do not get to use his Spirit Power.

Old November 11th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Updated with Power Rankings.
Old November 27th, 2010, 06:03 AM

Temprit is surprisingly tart

I have a question I would like help with. If someone has Alastair and overextends him and you then take a turn with the Mindflayer, and enslave Alastair, would you be able to overextend him again? I don't see why not sense the wording for the power states "You may" Suggesting a specific player.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old November 27th, 2010, 06:10 AM

Looking East knows what's in an order marker Looking East knows what's in an order marker

That's an interesting question. I think you would be allowed to overextend him.

What I wonder is if you did this same thing with Eldigrim and it was fatal, could you place his spirit or does your opponent get to?

When exactly does your turn you are taking with the enslaved hero end?

Last edited by Looking East; November 27th, 2010 at 06:18 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units