Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old January 11th, 2009, 06:48 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
It means one of two things
1. Arizona was a lot better than people thought.
2. Atlanta and Carolina were not as good as people thought.

My money is on #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I vote #2 as well spidy.
With all due respect, you're both wrong.

1. I don't know about the people in Georgia, but there was one place in this country where nobody thought Carolina would run away with this game - the Carolinas. The Cards' passing attack is nearly unstoppable, and the desire has been there all year. They shut it down once they clinched, which they shouldn't have done, but it doesn't matter now, anyway.

2. The NFC South had more wins than any other division in the NFL. A good percentage of the losses came while we beat up on each other. And in that league-best NFC South, a team went 12-4 and a team went 11-5. Those two teams are good teams. Against teams that are still alive in the playoffs, Carolina and Atlanta both went 3-0 in the regular season against those teams (I'm writing this during the Pitt/SD game). Carolina also lost to the Giants because of a wind-blown field goal, Kasay's first miss all year!

Keep sleepin' on the Cardinals. I'm sure they like it that way.
Old January 11th, 2009, 08:35 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I vote #2 as well spidy.

OK, time to voice my true feelings on the next game. I don't care for either team, but for this game I'm a BIG Steelers fan. I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE Rivers... he's a punk and needs to be slapped around.

That garbage that went on a few years ago after the Pats beat the #1 Chargers in San Diego, he has the gal to call the Pats out for gloating, yet it's OK for him to do it in SD's win against Indy last week.

Sorry J4, I just don't like him.

<go ahead sing the Charger song>
I can't...That crow you had cooked up is not going down so well.

Last edited by J4Jandar; January 11th, 2009 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Arrrrrgghhh, yaaaaaarrrrrrr...Blast!
Old January 11th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Darn it, I was rooting for the Chargers.
Old January 11th, 2009, 09:18 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Well I got my wish with San Diego, but I don't like the Steelers either, and Baltimore... ergh!

Guess I'm an NFC fan this year (since the Pats are out). I wouldn't mind seeing either Philly or Zona win it, but if I have to pick I'll jump on the Cardinal band wagon. That aught to derail them...

-insert signature here-
Old January 11th, 2009, 09:19 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Screw the Steelers - they're the luckiest team in professional sports. First, Indy somehow loses to SD. Then, they get a batted ball interception after a 70 yard kick return. Then, as if that wasn't enough, a punt lands on an SD players head.

Man, I hate being a Browns Fan.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 11th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm going with the Cardinals and the Ravens for next round, even though I know what will happen.
Old January 11th, 2009, 11:05 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Screw the Steelers - they're the luckiest team in professional sports. First, Indy somehow loses to SD. Then, they get a batted ball interception after a 70 yard kick return. Then, as if that wasn't enough, a punt lands on an SD players head.

Man, I hate being a Browns Fan.
Try having a great team that can not break the barrier. I almost envy Lion fans...not really...
Old January 11th, 2009, 11:09 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I feel you there, but it just really sucks having a rival that is not only better than you, but gets every possible freaking break every time. Stuff just always seems to fall their way.

And, I have to go to work in Pennsylvania and listen to obnoxious Steeler fans talking about how great Polamalu and Big Ben are..... (yeah, Polamalu is amazing, I just hate hearing about it every Monday.....). Blah.

If they win the Super Bowl, they'll be the winningest team in NFL history, and I don't think I could stand the Steeler fan torment. I already have a Yankee fan for a wife..... please, Baltimore, COME ON!!!!

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 11th, 2009, 11:45 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

It is strange how today the NFC seems more offense oriented, while the AFC more defense oriented. So my predictions: barring an injury, Pittsburgh will beat the Ravens since their defense is slightly better, and Arizona will beat Philadelphia because of Larry Fitzgerald.

Then I predict that the balmy Tampa weather will favor the red hot Cardinals in the Superbowl in a close one, 23-21, over the exhausted Steelers. But does anyone else still miss Jake Plummer?
Old January 12th, 2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
But does anyone else still miss Jake Plummer?
No, unless you count the teams playing against him.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 12th, 2009, 07:51 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

I just heard that the Eagles are already a favorite on the road against Arizona. It looks like the Cardinals will be able to play the disrespect card all the way through the playoffs.

I think I'll go nut's if the Steelers and the Eagles play in the Super Bowl, living in PA if that happens will be unbearable, especially after the Phillies won the world series.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old January 12th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Edit: Well, one of the two has just happened. The Eagles have beaten the Giants (sorry peteparkerh).
I am so depressed.

Ok, I'm over it. Man, the Eagles are going to be under a lot of pressure. Making it the championship game this many times without a ring. If they don't win, it will almost be Buffalo-esk.

Good luck Eagles and Steelers. Let's see if we can have an all PA Superbowl!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV