Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: How well did Wizards of the Coast handle HS? (Waves 9-13)
They did better than Hasbro 1 1.67%
They did about the same as Hasbro 15 25.00%
It was better than canceling HS altogether, but still bad 36 60.00%
It was terrible and should never have happened 8 13.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 9th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Opinion on WotC: Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I really don't know if we need another thread to talk about this... I'm tired of this talk about WotC honestly.

I didn't think you were ranting, Cheez. This thread was a nice change from the ones that read like death threats. You just wanted to know how everyone felt about it all.

I don't mind terribly that it all ended anyway, the terrain is all I miss. C3V/G and the many other customs groups (HoSS, HoF, Project Pokemon, etc.), along with solo designers, continue 'scape at the level or better than (imo) the official game.
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:49 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Wave 9 was excellent but things took a fast trip downhill after that.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old September 9th, 2012, 11:00 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I thought that pound for pound WotC didn't do badly when it became their turn to run 'Scape. I mean losing a few of the classic scape things bites (Soulborgs, Marro, Kyrie ), but we got a bunch of really cool things in the deal (Elementals, Wyrmlings, the 3rd Master Set, our beloved Hydra, Dwarvern Heroes, and Treasure Glyphs). Losing the *cough* Storyline *cough* wasn't too big a deal for me, more-so the theme of the game. And Uncommon Heroes, even if a tad bit silly to some, are pretty cool. Can you imagine what it would've been like to have had the Dumetef Guard as a Uncommon Hero instead of its shameful Common Hero status? I don't see how it would've made anything worse (it might have had to shift things up a bit later down the line, but is that such a bad thing?).

All in all, WotC did a great job. Perhaps almost as great as Hasbro, so I'm not going to complain.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 9th, 2012, 11:58 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

"They're all traitors! Burn them at the stake and bury their ashes with dung!" -King Galbatorix

Seriously though, I think they did a decent job. We got 'scape. It wasn't like before, but we got it.
Old September 10th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Positives: Neat units with some cool powers.

Neutral: New type of hero (Uncommon), Campaign scenarios

Negatives: New general (Valkrill) with no heroes, new base sizes, no new terrain, all reused figures, all fantasy-themed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old September 10th, 2012, 11:37 AM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really liked wave nine. Finally getting some dwarves made me pretty excited, but as others have said, after that I wasn't real big on any of them, they just didn't feel like true heroscape.

I really didn't mind the uncommon heroes. I thought it was a clever idea to try and eliminate some of the squadscape issue.
Old September 10th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker

Ya, wave 9 was one of the best, rivaling waves 2 and 3. I like some of the WOTC heroscape (greenscales, warforged, heirloom, siege) but overall it lacked the real "heroscape" feel
Old September 10th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The only reason I still bought the Wotc Heroscape was because I loved HS and couldn't stand to see it dissappear. The classic figures had such diverse history and background, all unique to HS. They really could have gone a long ways with the storyline (the Marro taking over, the remaining wellsprings, maybe a Desert expansion ect) I really like waves 9-10, even though they didn't last long.

So ya Wotc sucked, but at least it was better than nothing.
Old September 11th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For clarification, Wave 9 was created by Hasbro. Wizards just happened to acquire Heroscape before it was released. They had no part in planning or creating those units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old September 12th, 2012, 10:22 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

WotC (Peter Lee) mishandled the brand. The design team did a great job with what they had to work with and preserved the integrity of the game.
Old September 12th, 2012, 10:27 PM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker

I wasn't really aware of who was in charge of what. I guess my question for this poll was comparing the overall quality of scape under wotc, not pointing fingers at who screwed it up

My Satirical Strategy Review (dedz to Bothi, stay tuned for more!)

~TheCheez
Old September 12th, 2012, 10:38 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

My problem with Wotc's handling of scape was that they tried to change the game itself. They took a turn based strategy game and tried to turn it into a rpg dungeon crawler, which isn't the game that we all fell in love with. But that being said having some scape was better than having no scape imo.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion