Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old November 15th, 2022, 04:12 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Inflating the number of copies you’re pledging because you know it won’t fund, is sending the wrong message. It’s sending a false signal to Hasbro. I’m not saying it’s wrong in a moral sense, or that the spirit behind it is misplaced, but if you think you’re sending the right message, I want you to know that you aren’t. Stick to your typical purchasing sensibilities and let them see the real numbers so they can more accurately analyze their failure and course correct if they choose.
This is partly why I still haven't raised my own pledge, just to be fair. I want to know how many people are actually backing this project, though I doubt they'd ever reveal that information to us.
Old November 15th, 2022, 04:32 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Yeah, don't make fake pledges. Each pledge I've made I've moved money around as if the money is actually spent.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 15th, 2022, 04:57 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Yeah, don't make fake pledges. Each pledge I've made I've moved money around as if the money is actually spent.
Caps, please know I wasn’t singling you out. My statement was a general one. I’m encouraging everybody to stick to their typical spending sensibilities. This of course can wildly differ between individuals.

It does no good to send false signals to Hasbro. We want them to know our true spending intentions, and the actual limits of our gaming budgets.

If you think $250 is too much, don’t just back it to help bump numbers.

If you typically buy 3 of everything, don’t bump this up to 5 to inflate the numbers, just be real with it.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 15th, 2022, 05:05 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Indeed. I'd honestly feel worse if this was falsely inflated to 7,000+ sales at the end, just to still not pass it. I'm just happy we made it to a million. I'm hoping they can see the real numbers and come up with something else based off that. Showing the bare number needed to find Heroquest at a mich higher pricing option should show a sizeable chunk of support exists for this.

Upset City Baby.
Old November 15th, 2022, 05:10 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Caps, please know I wasn’t singling you out. My statement was a general one. I’m encouraging everybody to stick to their typical spending sensibilities. This of course can wildly differ between individuals.

It does no good to send false signals to Hasbro. We want them to know our true spending intentions, and the actual limits of our gaming budgets.

If you typically buy 3 of everything, don’t bump this up to 5 to inflate the numbers, just be real with it.
What you're saying is indeed wise. Say no to inflation! Lol.

But I think the info value of the campaign's $$ result is going to be poor at best. It might tell Hasbro something regarding if they do something like this again, but I don't think it gives a true picture of the potential Heroscape market at all. I'm convinced the real market is much larger than this. Better campaign, different platform, different company, etc etc. Maybe not going to happen, but if it did...
Old November 15th, 2022, 05:18 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It would have been a lot nicer if the set were the size of ROTV or SOTM and even only like 80-100 bucks cheaper.
I backed for one set because that's the most of what I can afford. Backing 5 feels closer to paying off my remaining student loans, which apparently I need to start worrying about again.
Old November 15th, 2022, 05:24 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
It would have been a lot nicer if the set were the size of ROTV or SOTM and even only like 80-100 bucks cheaper.
I backed for one set because that's the most of what I can afford. Backing 5 feels closer to paying off my remaining student loans, which apparently I need to start worrying about again.
Don't worry we'll start a haslab to pay off your student loans
Old November 15th, 2022, 05:28 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Don't worry we'll start a haslab to pay off your student loans
Based on recent Haslab performance that statement is not as reassuring as you intended it.
Old November 15th, 2022, 05:30 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Quote:
Quote:

What you're saying is indeed wise. Say no to inflation! Lol.

But I think the info value of the campaign's $$ result is going to be poor at best. It might tell Hasbro something regarding if they do something like this again, but I don't think it gives a true picture of the potential Heroscape market at all. I'm convinced the real market is much larger than this. Better campaign, different platform, different company, etc etc. Maybe not going to happen, but if it did...
Hasbro will have the number of backers and the average pledge per backer, which will be higher than $250 because of all the people adding extra sets. People who falsely inflate their pledge give Hasbro the impression that people who backed were willing to spend more than just $250. I personally think that’s not good, especially when so many people already think the price is too high.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 15th, 2022, 05:33 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

As the campaign enters its final hours, I just want to thank everyone here for engaging in such a positive way, during a time that has been so stressful for us as a community.

I know there's been a lot of ink spilled, here and in other places, about "negativity" about the Haslab, but I haven't seen much at all. I really haven't, even though I know the opportunity has been there. I've seen people enduring stress in their different ways, but I'm not one to judge that. Just don't be nasty to each other, and - thankfully - I haven't seen nastiness.

As a guy who actually worked on the inside of the campaign, I've always felt supported by this community, despite the troubles. And I appreciate it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; November 15th, 2022 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Except for Facebook, where I had to block a bunch of people. Heaven help the admins over there.
Old November 15th, 2022, 05:39 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is going to be the hard part for them to figure out because I generally think many would spend more than $250 if given the ability to add what they want. I do think the numbers for this campaign will be inflated because many of the people buying 3+ sets wouldn’t if they had the option to add just more terrain, or faction X, or another wall pack for example.

Add commons to the mix and the landscape really changes.

Last edited by rudyvalentine; November 15th, 2022 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Fixed grammar
Old November 15th, 2022, 05:52 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really wish we had gotten to see all the cards before today. By faction my current faves are the Frostclaws (Tuck Harrigan is a must when drafting these guys), Admiral EJ-1M, Marachott, the Hellforge, and of course Queen Maladrix.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion