Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

View Poll Results: Do you wear a watch?
Yes, Digital, Right wrist 4 5.41%
Yes, Digital, Left wrist 12 16.22%
Yes, Analog, Right wrist 3 4.05%
Yes, Analog, Left wrist 11 14.86%
Yes, Pocketwatch 2 2.70%
No, I use a cell phone or other electronic device to keep time 30 40.54%
No, I keep no method of telling the time on me. 12 16.22%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 26th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Watches

A professor of mine brought up an interesting statement a few weeks ago, that 'my generation' does not wear watches. In the class of about 50 people (a band), only three people that I know of (myself included) were wearing one at the time.

This got me thinking, what better place to test this than the Internet?

So, do you wear a watch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old March 26th, 2011, 11:17 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker
Re: Watches

Cell phones have pretty much killed watches. The only real need now for watches are as a fashion accessory.
Old March 26th, 2011, 11:33 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I still wear a watch...but, I'm probably the last dude in Texas that doesn't carry a cell phone.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old March 26th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yup, always have one on my left wrist. Much easier than taking the cell phone out of my pocket. Not to mention using the alarms and stopwatch and such is easier as well. And it has a metal band so it still looks pretty good.
Old March 27th, 2011, 01:44 AM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've been wearing one on my left wrist during school. I probably wouldn't if it couldnt' count seconds. Knowing exactly when the bell is going to ring is so helpful.

Now if only it'd stop getting three seconds ahead every day.
Old March 27th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoah View Post
Now if only it'd stop getting three seconds ahead every day.
Bah, mine does that, too - just one second, but still. I like to keep a very precise eye on the time, and having to adjust every day throws me off.

Yeah, I keep a digital watch and keep it on my right wrist (even though I'm right handed). Much more convenient than checking the cell phone - but then again, I keep my cell phone off, out of sight, and out of mind as often as possible. I find phones in general (cellular or landline) to be the most troublesome things in the world.
Old March 27th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I wear a digital watch when I'm on the ambulance-I need quick access to time when administering drugs. The rest of the time I just use my phone (although I tend to catch myself first looking at my bare wrist when I want to know the time ).

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old March 27th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I usually wouldn't wear a watch before I got a cell phone. Now I don't wear a watch and have a cell phone. The oddity for me is that I use a digital stopwatch at work carried around my neck.
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

No watch, no cellphone. I don't think life should be lived to the second.

Of course, this means I'm often either late or early and I'm always asking people the time, but at least my spirit is free.
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

NO watch or cellphone either.

It's nothing special, it's just that watches have been replaced with better technology - cell phones can auto update their time, even when you cross into different time zones. No reasonably priced watch will do that. Watches are far more often fashion now unless your job requires something like a stopwatch.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old March 27th, 2011, 10:07 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Always have an analog watch on my left wrist. It's the bomb.

Anyone remember these from the 80s? My brother and I had about 6 of these. They kept breaking on us, so we had a few extras.

Old March 27th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I wore watches for a decent part of my childhood, but I always ended up losing it somewhere...never to find it again.

So, Mom stopped buying me watches and I stopped wearing them, because I knew I would just take it off somewhere and forget it on accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General