Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 24th, 2010, 01:30 PM

Utgars Servant Woo who?
Fen Hydra question

Hey if the fen hydra attacks with full life, and then gets a wound using counterstrike how many attacks can it make after that??

Acts 16:31
And they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved,..."

PM me if you want to know more.
Old March 24th, 2010, 01:34 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
Re: Fen Hydra question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utgars Servant View Post
Hey if the fen hydra attacks with full life, and then gets a wound using counterstrike how many attacks can it make after that??
That has actually been answered already--the effect is instantaneous and you loose whatever number of attacks you took in wounds.

HAHAHAHA! Gotta love counterstrike!

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old March 24th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

If you look below at Similar threads, you'll find a thread that says the same thing...

EDIT: 'd

MegaSilver
Old March 24th, 2010, 01:43 PM

Utgars Servant Woo who?

thanks sorry about asking the same question.

Acts 16:31
And they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved,..."

PM me if you want to know more.
Old March 24th, 2010, 04:04 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Y'know, frankly that ruling doesn't make much sense to me. Wouldn't a counterstrike chop of the attacking head, and not any heads that are not attacking? Especially if you're attacking from two spaces away.
Old March 24th, 2010, 04:09 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post
Y'know, frankly that ruling doesn't make much sense to me. Wouldn't a counterstrike chop of the attacking head, and not any heads that are not attacking? Especially if you're attacking from two spaces away.
Yeah, but a samurai could take off more then just the attacking head.

It's a game; not everything has to make perfect sense. Heck, I'm still wondering why the hydra loses heads instead of gaining them back. I don't care if it's D&D, Hydras are supposed to grow more heads.
Old March 24th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Yeah, but a samurai could take off more then just the attacking head.

It's a game; not everything has to make perfect sense. Heck, I'm still wondering why the hydra loses heads instead of gaining them back. I don't care if it's D&D, Hydras are supposed to grow more heads.
There are variants of Hydras in D&D that grow more heads unless the stump is burned before the regrowth. The Fen Hydra though, in the RPG, did not regrow heads.

Oddly enough, in the skirmish game, the Fen Hydra did grow new heads, gaining 2 attacks per activation while at half life or lower, and always having 2 activations per round instead of 1 like most units do. That's 4 attacks per round, which is pretty monstrous for one figure in that game. That's why it was half your army

But yeah, to answer the question of how it works logically: Don't. Just don't try to reason everything in the game as working out the way you think it would hypothetically work. You do what the card says. Couterstrike says each excess shield is an unblockable wound. Hydra says reduce number of attacks for each wound on the card.
Old March 24th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Counterstrike only works against adjacent. A word to the wise, Followers of the Fen, don't attack counterstrikers from adjacency if you can help it

~Aldin, Hydratingly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old March 24th, 2010, 04:26 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Counterstrike only works against adjacent. A word to the wise, Followers of the Fen, don't attack counterstrikers from adjacency if you can help it

~Aldin, Hydratingly
Aldin, i never thought of that! Thanks for the tip

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old March 24th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

But Evil Eye Defense works if you're using Reach. And Arcane Riposte can work at any time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 24th, 2010, 04:31 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:

~Aldin, Hydratingly
Noted. Still, counterstrike ruling bugs me.
Old March 24th, 2010, 04:39 PM

Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker

I ran into a similar situation where I forgot to add dice for the Phantom Knight's Insubstantial 3 power when the hydra was attacking from 2 spaces away...It's just weird to think of that as a ranged attack, but not adjacent is not adjacent

We are friends, ouch.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units