Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old September 30th, 2007, 08:51 PM

Forsaken has disabled reputation
Selling my Heroscape items.

Hey All,

Well, I've decided to sell off most of my Heroscape collection. My wife and I like the game but since getting Marvel we've only played that. We are both into Comics so it seems to fit better with us. So I'm just going to unload the regular HS items. I will be keeping 1 Master set (for terrain), Forgotten Forest and 1 each of the Lava, Tundra and Castle. I thought I would start here first and see if there was any interest, potentially save me the hassle of eBay.

Master set w/ Sparkly Water x 2
Waves 1 - 6, 1x Hero, 3x Common. (Cept Knights and Swog, have a 4th, unopened package of that).
Orm's Return x 1
Raknar's Vision x 1
Volcarren Wasteland x 1
Thaelek Tundra x 1
Fortress x 1
Flagbearers x 1 of each
Nerak x 1

All the figures are opened and have been played with but in excellent condition.

Through some brief research on eBay looks like a collection this size could be in the ballpark of $600-700 if sold off piece by piece. If anyone here wants to buy the entire collection in one shot I'll offer it up at $450 plus shipping. I'm not so much concerned with the money as reclaiming the space it takes up as well as breaking the compulsion to keep spending money on this game when I rarely play it I live in the Exton area of PA if anyone close to there is interested in this. To save on the shipping (and having to pack it up) I'd be willing to drop it off, or meet up to trade figures for loot. Any questions just drop message here, or PM me. Thanks for reading and I will definitely be sticking around here as we definitely will continue playing Marvel (I've lost 3 games in a row, must redeem myself!).

Also, I didn't see any of the forums labeled specifically for Buying/Selling so if this is in the wrong area I apologize.
Old September 30th, 2007, 08:56 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
SELLING HEROSCAPE!?
Old September 30th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I am sorry but you will regret it.

Think of your grandchildren (or just children for that matter).

Wouldn't you love to show them an awesome, antique game that is extremely complex and fun, and in due time, worth even more of a fortune that it is now? How about something that they can play with just like Legos, then actually play a well thought out game on a world they they can say, "I made it! Isn't it great!"

Heroscape is still in its early years. Marvelscape will only have 20 figures when the expansion comes out in most likely early 2008. Normal heroscape has WWWWWAAAAAAYYYYY more figures and more strategic army possibilities.

Sure superheroes are cool, but seeing how Captain America and Spider-Man fare against a few dragons is better.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS BOARD-GAMING, DON'T SELL IT, well at least not yet.

RANT OVER

Anyways, you seem to like straightforward battling, with little to no strategy involved in army choosing. GET SOTM, it is perfect for 1 vs. 1 matches, one person gets Marro, the other gets heroes.

DON'T SELL IT YET

Look up the game 'Dark Tower' on BGG.

That game sold for around $30 back in the day, and I am pleased to say that one of my close family members has a working version, and it still holds its own against new games. Its got the appeal of a modern strategy game like Ages of Empires, and only lasts about 30 minutes, yet sells for about $100 now.

Heroscape has already costed you a heaping wad of cash. If you sell it now, you will miss out on the possible investment in the future. Just think, if Hasbro goes under (that's thinking randomly) your current collection might be able to pay for college tuition or a few nice long vacations.

So, what I am trying to say is DON'T SELL NOW!

Heck, my collection ain't near as big as yours, but I do have a Nerak, and if I'm lucky, I find another player once a month. But heroscapers.com keeps me interested, even though I can't play it. Strategy and rules are fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old September 30th, 2007, 09:09 PM

MonkeyMan has disabled reputation
Seriously, I wish I had the money. I would happily take it off your hands.
But, just so you now, there are lots of ways to combine them!

~~ "tirés comme des lapins" ~~
Old September 30th, 2007, 10:14 PM

Yes, I thought about all that and my wife had the same concerns. A large part of it has to do with time vs expense. I'm a completist. I have to have everything or I don't want it at all. I recently spent a good chunk of money to catch up from being away from the game for almost a year and I haven't even touched those figures yet. And with the new Master set including commons I'd need 3 sets! And then there's wave 7, 8, the Jungle, the large expansion... I just can't keep buying all this stuff for it to sit around in my house taking up space.

Marvel fits in with our time demands and our friends. We can play a quick game, have our fun and be done with it. I also have several friends that have no interest in Heroscape but have loved playing Marvel (I know, I much prefer HS myself). If I had more people that were actually interested in playing I would reconsider but as it stands my wife always chooses Marvel (appeals to her more and she knows it quicker, she gets up SUPER early everyday) and I have no other HS buddies.

Now I am keeping some of my terrain to use with Marvel so it won't be just plain Marvel sets. I'm keeping both my Forgotten Forests and then 1 Master, 1 Volcarren, 1 Tundra and 1 Fortress. I'll most likely grab a Jungle set as well.
Old September 30th, 2007, 10:23 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken
............. I just can't keep buying all this stuff for it to sit around in my house taking up space.

I had this problem, but I fixed that by moving my HS to the garage ( It is great that everything is plastic, you can store it almost anywhere )

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old September 30th, 2007, 10:38 PM

Renquist has disabled reputation
Wow, I'd love to buy the whole lot as I really need to get some shtuff.

Perhaps you could price them individually for us so I can buy what I can afford - i.e, what my gf lets me buy.
Old September 30th, 2007, 10:39 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
I may be buying this and parting it out after I keep what I want... like I did the last time...
Old October 1st, 2007, 05:56 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
$450 for that!? I could buy that new for less than $300!! Sorry to hear your selling...

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old October 1st, 2007, 08:52 AM

Less than $300? At $10 a shot per wave booster, it's $600 alone just for the Waves. How are you getting it that cheap?
Old October 1st, 2007, 11:31 AM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
I am very interested in your flagbearers, how much would you like for all of them?
Old October 1st, 2007, 02:37 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'll give you $10 for Nerak....or PM me if you want more than that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online