Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old December 28th, 2011, 01:55 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
It looks like I have some work to do in the op.
And on the display thread.

~Z
Done. I was just waiting for a shinier version of the card for that update (thanks to the rockin' C3V art team for your stellar work!)

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old December 29th, 2011, 05:55 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker

why is this thread so small?

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=36007

Is this still going on?

Ideally it would be great to have a thread with ready to use customs that are easy to find.
Old December 29th, 2011, 06:02 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post

Is this still going on?

Ideally it would be great to have a thread with ready to use customs that are easy to find.
Something like these?

C3V and SoV Index of Books

CHCG24 Display Thread

...I think the SoV display thread is so small 'cause they're so, um, thorough.
Old December 29th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It's not the size that matters. It's the quality of the customs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 29th, 2011, 06:07 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

You guys are a laugh riot...
Old December 29th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Is this still going on?

Hey there, old timer. I'm very pleased you're interested. We're slow but grinding it out, the c3v units are also really good.

Super Bogue's Tyrian will hopefully be added to the sov ranks soon.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; December 29th, 2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old December 29th, 2011, 10:06 PM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:

Is this still going on?

Hey there, old timer. I'm very pleased you're interested. We're slow but grinding it out, the c3v u it's are also really good.

Super Bogue's Tyrian will hopefully be added to the sov ranks soon.
I would certainly claim Tryian, but he is not my creation. I believe he is Paronychodon. My submissions are the Crypt Guards and the Beakface Sneaks.
Old December 29th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Oh, right. I knew you did something.

I already voted on that guy. Out of sight, out of mind.

Reading your quote of my post, I see there is evidence for one and all that sometimes I post from a mobile phone, auto-correct and all.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 30th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Yeah, it's a bit uncouth, but I'm quoting myself to keep this announcement visible one more time. Looking forward to seeing who will be joining us on the SoV panel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Big News!!

The Soldiers of Valhalla program is looking to expand its membership. Anyone interested in serving as a judge, please PM ZBeeblebrox with (A) a short paragraph describing why you feel you would make an excellent SoV Judge and (B) 1-2 written reviews--including votes--on current units in review for the Soldiers of Valhalla (not including Tyrian). Please send your PM by January 15th.

(Yup, that means tis the season to play some SoV units!)
Enjoy--some great units in the process right now!
Old January 2nd, 2012, 01:47 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Happy New Year everybody! I had a chance tonight to playtest again the other unit that I designed with the Beakface Sneaks. I would like to recommend my newly renamed Foulwind Pulverizers to the Soldiers of Valhalla.

• The figures are the Troglodyte Brute from Demonweb and the Troglodyte Barbarian from Underdark. Auggies has both figures for $0.99 with over a hundred of the Brute and over thirty of the Barbarian. This is a very affordable custom squad. The two figures look decent together though the Brute is a bit taller and thicker. It also lacks the extend tail the Barbarian has.
  • This squad was designed about the same time as the Sneakface Beaks. Both squads were put together with the same intent: to make a common squad that could beat other common squads. The Beaks do it by spreading out and surrounding an opponent. The Brutes do it a little differently. Stench is the classic Troglodyte ability. Their putrid smell lowers the attack power of adjacent figures. Beat Down reflects their bully attitude. When surrounded by low defense figures they can act like a four-man squad. Since Troglodytes live in swamps and bogs Swamp Water Strength was also a natural power for them. EDIT: 1/1/12 After some recent playtest I have reduce their movement from 6 to 5 and increased their price to 55 points from 50 points. Also they have been renamed the Foulwind Pulverizers. Troglodyte Brutes was too bland.
  • Beaks and Brutes are an effective combo together. Move up the Beaks to engage and harass the shooters. Then move in the Brutes to knock them out.
  • Today four squads were tested against three different armies on a small map with swamp water and jungle terrain. First, Marcus and his Roman Legion came to fight. This is a match up that clearly favors the Pulverizers. The Romans advance first and took a defensive position. The FP charged forward and met their foes fighting them from the midst of a river. Despite the disadvantage of terrain, the first FP knock out a Legionairre but his partner failed to do the same. The Romans stuck back, but their blows were amiss partly due to the FP's Stench. Seeking better footing on the banks of the river the FP moved up and attacked again. Another Roman fell and then a third was beaten down. A fourth Roman was knock out but a fifth would not follow this turn. Marcus brought the fight to the wild troglodytes himself and slew one with this mighty blade. After an onslaught of blows another troglodyte fell to the Roman swords. Replacement FPs move in. Due to a tight formation the Roman shields held back the furious fists of the troglodytes. Yet again the foul odor of the beast kept the Romans from winning the day. Fighting from a swamp water spot a Pulverizer took down two more Romans and his partner knock out the seventh. Marcus and his last remaining soldier stuck down the two closest troglodytes, but their days were numbered. Another squad moved in, finished the last Legionairre and then wounded Marcus. In his last stand Marcus took another troglodyte down, but the remaining Pulverizers knock him out too. Ok...that was bit long winded. Let me just summarizes: 0 Romans left to 3 troglodytes.
  • Then the Gladiators rolled in with Crixius and two squads. I'll give the brief summary here. Crixius was able to do some damage by taking out three troglodytes, but his fellows couldn't overcome Stench. Eventually the Pulverizers took out all the gladiators, although Crixius only rolled one shield on twelve defense die. A Capuan finally did slay one troglodyte, but at the end of the battle a small steamroller was in pieces and four troglodytes stood polishing their brass knuckles.
  • Finally Krug showed up and brought two squads of Arrow Gruts. The FP win initiative and take a defensive position with height. Krug charges in hoping to get bloody, so he can give more back. What happens next will probably never happen again, but the FP rolled skulls on 8 of 10 attack dice and Krug whiffed. So after one turn the troll is gone and the orcs are scrambling. However, the FP hate ranged attacks. The Arrow Gruts manage to take out 4 troglodytes before they all fall. I had to try this match up again. This time Krug rolled in and over the troglodytes. He took them all down while only taking six wounds this time.
These match ups and the map were intended to show off what the Foulwind Pulverizers can do. I am sure that if they were matched up against equal amounts of the 4th Mass or even Phantom Knights that the results would not favor them so much.

Last edited by Super Bogue; January 3rd, 2012 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Fixed a different typo on card and changed wording of Beat Down
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:26 AM

Curious, no yeas or nays from the judges yet. Perhaps I have submitted a dud.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 01:46 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
Curious, no yeas or nays from the judges yet. Perhaps I have submitted a dud.
To answer this question, my guess is my fellow judges are busy with enjoying the Holiday, some people partied all weekend including last night (like myself ).

Now on to your nomination. There is a typo in the first power, you have a repeated word...so I'll vote Nay for the Foulwind Pulverizers until that is fixed.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs