Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 12th, 2015, 12:14 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: 9th Annual Long Island-IslandScape Tournament 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Kathy is now a definite!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
HoundsRule is now a definite! Also, I can bring however many maps you may need.
That's awesome! I'll update the list tomorrow to include Kathy and HoundsRule. We're going to have a great time next Saturday!
Old July 12th, 2015, 09:56 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

@Grishnakh - please include me on the Confirmed Definite Attendees List (CDAL). I am planning to be there NEXT Saturday and Lord willing, I will be.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old July 13th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Less than a week to go!

Here's the most up-to-date attendance list:

Confirmed Attending:
1. Warbanner
2. Grishnakh
3. Son of Grishnakh
4. Mogrebla
5. Sherman Davies
6. The _X-Marker
7. Rich10
8. Chas
9. Acefrehley
10. Sir Dendrick
11. OrcElfArmyofOne
12. DragonRuler
13. Taeblewalker
14. Kolakoski
15. Johngee
16. HoundsRule
17. Kathy

Maybe List:
1. Melissa
Old July 13th, 2015, 01:58 PM

@Grishnakh ~ two Q's for youse (*NO* not Q-9 & Q10) ...

Q#1- On page ONE, is this the most accurate up-to-date list of the power rankings? I had downloaded and printed from the forums a Power Ranking List by SpiderPoison and it doesn't match up with the one you are using. Also there are several new units that didn't make the cut. I guess they haven't been played enough yet to be rated.

Q#2 - How are you doing on maps? It looks like you are going to need at least ten (10) BoV's. Even though I am traveling a considerable distance, I look forward to the few chances I get to build a couple to bring with me. I don't have many opportunities to play this silly game and I'd be embarrassed sit in my Game Room and just solitaire it for days on end. The family might think I've totally lost my mind. Give me some suggestions as to what terrain types you still want. Personally I'd prefer to see variety instead of several copies of the same ones. I just don't want to bring more than four since I have to stack them (pre-built) in the back of my mini-van.

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old July 13th, 2015, 03:03 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
@Grishnakh ~ two Q's for youse (*NO* not Q-9 & Q10) ...

Q#1- On page ONE, is this the most accurate up-to-date list of the power rankings? I had downloaded and printed from the forums a Power Ranking List by SpiderPoison and it doesn't match up with the one you are using. Also there are several new units that didn't make the cut. I guess they haven't been played enough yet to be rated.

Q#2 - How are you doing on maps? It looks like you are going to need at least ten (10) BoV's. Even though I am traveling a considerable distance, I look forward to the few chances I get to build a couple to bring with me. I don't have many opportunities to play this silly game and I'd be embarrassed sit in my Game Room and just solitaire it for days on end. The family might think I've totally lost my mind. Give me some suggestions as to what terrain types you still want. Personally I'd prefer to see variety instead of several copies of the same ones. I just don't want to bring more than four since I have to stack them (pre-built) in the back of my mini-van.
Good questions all!

At the moment we need exactly 8 maps. The current list is below. If you want to bring a map to bring our total up to 9 just let me know which one you plan to build so I can tell the TD. It would be nice to have some variety. Just pick a BoV map that's not listed below.

The only other issue is space. If you do bring more than 1 map I'm not so sure we'll be able to fit them. I'd hate to see you leave them in the car since plastic don't do too well in the heat!

As always I'll also be providing a flocked, championship map.

1. Remains of Clionesia
2. Dance of the Dryads
3. Highways and Dieways
4. Swamp Thing
5. Blackroot
6. Sidewinder
7. Fossil
8. Sirocco

As for the listing of power ratings it's the same one we used last year. The newer units were still being ranked when we started putting this tournament together. Now that they are getting ranked we realize that some of the ones on our list have been upgraded (or downgraded) due to the newer units abilities, bonding, etc. But for this tournament we shouldn't have any issue since none of those newer units are allowed. We're all playing with the same possible selections. Hope that makes sense!
Old July 13th, 2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Good questions all!

At the moment we need exactly 8 maps. The current list is below. If you want to bring a map to bring our total up to 9 just let me know which one you plan to build so I can tell the TD. It would be nice to have some variety. Just pick a BoV map that's not listed below.

The only other issue is space. If you do bring more than 1 map I'm not so sure we'll be able to fit them. I'd hate to see you leave them in the car since plastic don't do too well in the heat!

As always I'll also be providing a flocked, championship map.

1. Remains of Clionesia
2. Dance of the Dryads
3. Highways and Dieways
4. Swamp Thing
* 5. Blackroot *
6. Sidewinder
7. Fossil
8. Sirocco

As for the listing of power ratings it's the same one we used last year. The newer units were still being ranked when we started putting this tournament together. Now that they are getting ranked we realize that some of the ones on our list have been upgraded (or downgraded) due to the newer units abilities, bonding, etc. But for this tournament we shouldn't have any issue since none of those newer units are allowed. We're all playing with the same possible selections. Hope that makes sense!

Although I was considering something like "Kings Bridge" or "Forsaken Outpost," I looked over the available options and choose "Blackroot" by Mad_Wookiee. It looks simple enough and should travel well.

I don't have a problem with "all [of us] playing with the same [list] of possible selections." I was just looking ahead to next year or a future "B & Below Only" formatted tournament in which an updated Ranking List with some of the newer units will be available.

&OBTW: Last year you mentioned that you wanted from me a set of Sabertooth Games Inc. Lord of the Rings: Tradeable Miniatures Game figures representing the nine characters in the Fellowship of the Ring ( Aragorn, Boromir, Frodo, Gandalf, Gimli, Legolas, Merry. Pippin, and Sam ). They've been sitting here on my shelf for months. Are you still interested for twenty bucks? I finally remembered to mention it.

Old July 13th, 2015, 09:54 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

@Johngee , I'm already bringing Blackroot.
Old July 13th, 2015, 10:51 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
@Johngee , I'm already bringing Blackroot.
Yea, sorry, that's a list of what's already being brought so don't pick from that. It's been a long day and I wasn't very clear there.
Old July 13th, 2015, 11:36 PM

Sorry @Sherman Davies - @Grishnakh just posted this list and said "PICK ONE" without letting me know which ones were spoken for. Butt, hey, nooo prob-lemm, mon. I'll bring whatever map you want (if I can download the virtual-scape instructions). I've still got four days to work on it. Two copies of the same map at a tournament with 17 or maybe 18 players is *NOT* a big deal or I can tweak my version a little bit to make it appear slightly different, while still being symmetrical and balanced. Let me know what the TD decides.

Old July 16th, 2015, 04:42 PM
Titleless

Well everyone, it's almost here! I'm certainly excited!

Some last minute things/rules:

• For those of you traveling out of town here's the address of the store:
Legendary Realms Games, 1163 Old Country Rd, Plainview, NY (The store opens at 10:00 if you'd like to get there earlier.)

• Here's the rough time schedule:
10:30 - 11:30 Pre-Game brunch/gathering at Panera Bread, 1082 Old Country Rd, Plainview, NY 11803 (As a side note we will not be breaking for lunch.)
11:30 - 12:30 Set up maps, register armies, etc.
12:30 Start 1st round
12:30 - 4:30 Play 4, 1 hour rounds
5:00 Final championship games
Should be finished up by 5:30 - 6:00
6:00 and on? For those who can stay later our group usually gets Pizza from the shopping center next door and stays to play a variety of other games. All are welcome to join us!

• Mogrebla cannot use the Krav Maga. He has been banned from using that unit. But that's OK since they are not on the list of allowable figures anyway.

• There's no admission cost - but as always please consider a small prize for our prize table. It does not have to be Heroscape related and should not cost more than $20. It can even be a game purchased that day at the store. Remember: always, always, always support your local game store! Especially ours for allowing us to host the event in such a nice establishment!

• Chas must come in next to last pace. It's a time honored tradition. Also, if there are any kids present he must play them. (I think you're out of luck this year Chas, all the kids have grown up!)

• We must all gang up on DragonRuler and bring the trophy back to Long Island! Mwah ha ha ha! But first you must all bow, or at least genuflect when he passes by. He is, after all, last years champion.

• Here's the most up-to-date attendance list:
Confirmed Attending:
1. Warbanner
2. Grishnakh
3. Son of Grishnakh
4. Mogrebla
5. Sherman Davies
6. The _X-Marker
7. Rich10
8. Chas
9. Acefrehley
10. Sir Dendrick
11. OrcElfArmyofOne
12. DragonRuler
13. Taeblewalker
14. Kolakoski
15. Johngee
16. HoundsRule
17. Kathy

• Don't forget your dice! Or Order Markers, or wound markers, etc.

• Kolakoski must have at least one martial artist kinda figure or unit in his army build. If he doesn't I won't know him.

• Don't forget your army! Don't leave them on the kitchen table as someone who will not be mentioned sort of did once if I remember it correctly.

• I will have Jarett's extremely lucky 20-sided die with me if anyone wants to throw it into the parking lot for good luck.

• If you're bringing a map you are responsible for the glyphs for that map.

• Whomever includes Hatamoto Taro in his or her army gets an extra big piece of cake.

• Buy lots of soda from the store and really get all hopped up on the sugar and caffeine. It makes for a much more interesting IslandScape that way!

• There are no more going away presents for Sir Dendrick. We did that already. So no gifts for you Dendrick!

• Warbanner must panic at some point. Son of Grishnakh must look at his DS at some point. Whatever Sherman Davies looks at is totally up to him.

• Be nice to Kathy. Because she's always nice to all of us. Let her win, and I do mean you Taeblewalker!

• And lastly, no back room wagering this year guys. Now I mean it. No means no. So stop it.

I think that about covers everything. See everyone on Saturday!

Oh, I almost forgot, we'll have a Grishnakh spelling competition to see if anyone can actually spell his name correctly. Including him...
Old July 16th, 2015, 06:51 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: 9th Annual Long Island-IslandScape Tournament this Satur

Well met!

I guess I'm going incognito then. Although Moriko was in my build for awhile, I decided to take Brunak instead.
Old July 17th, 2015, 10:55 AM

Re: 9th Annual Long Island-IslandScape Tournament this Satur

Oh no, not Brunak . . . he's a beast! I'm still torn as to which of two or three that I want try, but bringing six other armies anyway, if someone wants or needs to borrow one. That's just in case they left theirs on the kitchen table, ha ha; - )

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events