Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 30th, 2009, 05:55 PM

Grognard_Hero Woo who?
Question Roman reprints changed?

Hello folks, I've been looking to buy MP's Roman units and I was looking forward to the "reprinting" of Wave 1, when I noticed something that disappointed me: many of the recent online stores' picks of the Roman legionnaires have unpainted grey shields! So it begs the question: is that a real production change, or a mistake in the pics? One reason I really liked the Romans was because of the niffy paint job on their shields -- I regret not buying some when I bought RotV a few years ago!

I've been looking here and other sites to see if anyone noticed this...

Can anyone confirm whether or not the reprinted Roman Legionnaires have painted shields like the originals?

Thanks!
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:05 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Roman reprints changed?

Shields on mine are nicely painted.
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My originals have stickers, not paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:08 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

My Romans, which I bought two years ago, have stickers on their shields. The design is not painted on.
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:08 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

Shields on mine are cheap red stickers. No paint. It's the only herospape unit with lousy cheap stickers. If you got painted shields, I envy you.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:10 PM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker

Three replies with a sticker comment in less than one minute. Almost simultaneously.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Hot Hatch View Post
Three replies with a sticker comment in less than one minute. Almost simultaneously.
We need four for a complete squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:17 PM

Grognard_Hero Woo who?

Ah-ah! Not having bought any yet I suspected stickers were part of the deal, because the "paint job" in the original marketing pics looked alomost too good for mass production!

@mad_wookie: are yours the reprints? or the original production?

I'm curious now as to what to expect... Anyone bought both old and new and can compare?
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Hot Hatch View Post
. It's the only herospape unit with lousy cheap stickers.
One of my viking figures (can't remember who, might have been a tarn or thorgrim) has a sticker shield.
Old July 30th, 2009, 07:03 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Just checked my recently ordered Romans and all stickers present and accounted for.

-insert signature here-
Old July 30th, 2009, 07:07 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My reprints have stickers and they look fine, all stickers are there.
Old July 30th, 2009, 07:28 PM

SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker SymphonyScaper knows what's in an order marker

The two squads of Romans that I bought awhile ago have stickers. Yes, I need more Romans.

My collection: 4 RotV, 1 SotM, 2 BftU 1 Marvel, 1 TT, 1 VW, 2 TJ, 2 RttFF, 2 FotA, all expansions excluding exclusives, and every wave with almost x2 of all commons.

Last edited by SymphonyScaper; July 30th, 2009 at 07:34 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units