Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old January 25th, 2011, 07:01 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: motoko_k's maps

Dude! You pwn at map-making!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old January 25th, 2011, 10:44 PM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

I love high grounds too. Just the whole multi level thing is so cool.

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old January 26th, 2011, 05:52 AM

motoko is surprisingly tart

Thx to all of you! Unfortunaly I don't have a digital camera nor a camera handy at the moment. I think in 2-3 month I get a camera handy. If so, I will take some pictures of the maps and post them as well, because in my opinion real photos are better than VS-Screens. But please be patiant. It will take a while, till I can take real photos. ^.^

I think meanwhile I will create more maps.
Old January 28th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Any chance of getting the build instructions put up for High Grounds?

Also, was High Grounds inspired by one of Bixby's maps perhaps?

(I tried to duplicate it once, but fell way short of actually accomplishing it. Kudos to you if that is indeed what you did).

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old January 29th, 2011, 02:55 AM

So I added the building instructions for High Grounds.

Yeah it was inspired by Bixby. Here is the link to his map: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/2...f-the-valkyrie
Old February 13th, 2011, 05:48 PM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!

Well motoko_k's I loved your map Celesthia so much that I decided to build it myself and take TONS of pictures!!!!! Here we go.

This is the map fully completed. It took me about five hours to build it.

As you can see the map bearly fit on my tables.

Here are pictures I took while building the map.

Here are the first two levels:

This is after 2 hours of work:

Here is the castle starting to be built:

Next I have pictures for the completed map taken from various angles:

The cave:

The castle as seen over the snowy mountians:

The rear of the map:

Finally views from the front:

Last of all a look at the inside the castle:

In closing I have to say that Celesthia was a lot of fun to build and play. I ended up hosting a 5 player game on this board. The board was surprisingly competitive. The castle, cave, swamp, and snowy mountains all saw lots of action.
The board itself holds together very well there are no serious structual issues in the design, and every part of the board held up well during actual play.

If you guys have to time, material, and room to build Celesthia I recommend giving it a try. It is well worth the work.

Thank you motoko_k's for a wonderful design.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread
Old February 13th, 2011, 06:39 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wouldn't be surprised if one of your maps got put on the front page.

Old February 13th, 2011, 07:17 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

EPIC map. Do you crank the tune-age while building that because I can't imagine working in silence for 5 hours.
Old February 14th, 2011, 03:52 AM

I would love to own my own camera, so I could take pictures myself. But at the moment I pay everything I get for HS-Stuff. ^.^

So THX that you build my map and take so beautiful pictures. It's nice to see the builded map in another room than mine. ^.^ Thx.

Nice, that your table is big enough. We builded it on the floor. But I guess playing on a table is more comfortable.

At the moment I try to get 2 more TT and 4 more TJ for reasonable prices to build the upgraded Version of Celesthia. So if anyone want to sell... Kidding.

Meanwhile I created another huge map inspired by BGG's map "Castle Mystere". I named it Cyrill. I didn't build it yet, because I'm missing one TT and one RttFF. Hope to get it soon.

Greetings.

Last edited by motoko; February 14th, 2011 at 04:36 AM.
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Very nice. I hope I can build a cave like you did to make my RPG map.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old February 18th, 2011, 11:43 AM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEsenwienIV View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if one of your maps got put on the front page.
Look, your right.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old February 18th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Okay, I want to say that the Map of the Week title is well deserved, and possibly a bit understated ... maybe Celesthia should be map of the year! I'm so impressed, because you've done what I've been trying to do for about two years now: come up with a map that will utilize all my terrain, can stay up for long periods of time without getting boring, and still make (mostly) aesthetic sense (i.e. no desert in the middle of the swamp, glaciers in the middle of the volcano, etc). I put together an epic map somewhat similar to this one (and then I lost the build instructions in a crash, else I would've put it up at 'Scapers by now ), but your map is far superior to my feeble attempt in several ways:
  • It's more stable.
  • It's less fanciful.
  • It just plain looks better.

And the most awesome thing, if I can look at it a bit selfishly for a moment, is that your collection of tiles is almost the same as mine, so I'm pretty sure that not only can I build Celesthia, but that it will pretty much use up most of my tiles, just as it did yours. I think I only have two problems:
  1. I may only have 2 VW. I need to go count my volcano tiles. But that looks work-around-able.
  2. I have no idea where the hell I'm going to put a 7.5 foot long map ...

But I vow to try.

The only thing I have in my collection that you don't is Marvel sets. The asphalt in Marvel sets is completely awesome for doing obsidian/basalt-y things around the lava, and the concrete can double as an alternate type of rocks. So, you know, consider picking up a couple of those so our collections line up even better and then I can cheese off your maps forever.

But, in all seriousness, the maps are awesome, and I look forward to more in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios