Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 13th, 2011, 12:09 AM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!
Gamerhusband's Customs Comics Thread

Hey everyone. I am am currently an ally in the C3G Project. I have decided that the time has come to start designing my own superhero customs. My goal is to one day do a public design for the C3G Project. Please comment on my current designs. Your help is appreciated.

Adam Strange DC (Updated 6/26/11)
Spoiler Alert!

Psycho-Pirate DC
Spoiler Alert!

Dr. Polaris DC
Spoiler Alert!

Copperhead DC
Spoiler Alert!

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread

Last edited by GamerHusband; June 28th, 2011 at 11:46 AM. Reason: More changes to Adam Strange
Old June 14th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Gamerhusband's Customs Comics Thread

To get more responses, may I suggest posting 1 card at a time. Seeing 4 cards at once can be a bit overwhelming. I think you might get better responses from the public if you do it this way.

Adam Strange
Rannian Laser Beam feels like two powers squished into one, but I think it's just because of the order. How about:

RANNIAN LASER BEAM
When Adam Strange attacks, he may attack one additional time. Defending figures may never have height advantage on Adam Strange.

I think his cost is too high at 200. 140 seems a bit better to me.

MASTER CALCULATOR (suggested change)
When rolling for initiative, if there is at least one Order Marker on this card, you may reroll initiative once. You must take the result of the second die roll.
Old June 14th, 2011, 01:54 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My DC knowledge is limited so I'll just comment on the one I've seen and know about.

I think Copperhead's write up looks pretty solid. For Neurotoxin I'd probably lose some of the restrictions and lower the roll to make it a bit easier to pull off. Some other things to consider:

- A color should be associated with the Neurotoxin Marker
- Copperhead shouldn't be taking wounds from his own power
- How many Neurotoxin markers will he have?
- If you wanted unlimited poison potential possibly go with a mechanic similar to the Sujoah and D&D poison
- If a squad figure is attacked by him should they be affected?
- Do you want it to trigger on leaving engagement attacks?

Obviously you may have had something else in mind, but this will get you thinking about each of those scenarios.

NEUROTOXIN
When a defending human figure Unique Hero recives a one or more wounds from Copperhead's normal attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 19 or higher, place a copper Neurotoxin Marker on this the defending figure's card. At the end of every round, each card figure that has a copper Neurotoxin marker on its card receives 2 wounds Markers. Copperhead is not affected by Neurotoxin. Neurotoxin markers cannot be removed by any special power on an Army Card or Glyph.
Old June 14th, 2011, 04:12 PM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to actually start playing with these guys tonight to see how they feel on the table. I will take the comments I have received so far and make some updates.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Old June 14th, 2011, 08:04 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

They all look great, but I'll refrain from commenting because although I'm a DC fan, I am not familiar with any of these guys that well.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:11 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You really did some D-listers there. But nevertheless, they look extremely well done. I think you certainly have a C3G Public Design in you.

Old June 15th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Psycho Pirate is one I've been trying to wrap my head around for a while. I think you have a pretty good approach here ... though I'm not 100% sold on what's essentially "mind control" for him.

Quote:
Emotional Vampirism
Start the game with 6 Medusa Mask markers. After moving and before attacking, Psycho-Pirate may choose a Unique Hero that he is engaged to and roll the twenty-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher you may place a Medusa Mask marker on the defending figures army card. The chosen figure now has a Psychopath personality. After Psycho-Pirate places a Medusa Mask, he may remove a wound.

Emotion Control
After taking a turn with Psycho-Pirate, you may take a turn with any Unique Hero in play that has a Psychopath personality.
Psychopath is really more of a Class than a Personality, IMO. Maybe the "Insane" personality instead?
Also, with the way Emotion Control is currently worded, Psycho Pirate could take infinite turns with himself. He'd take a turn, then he'd be able to take a turn with a unique hero with the Psychopath personality, which is he, then lather, rinse, repeat.
So if it were mine, I'd probably change "Psychopath personality" in the power text to "Insane personality" and give Psycho Pirate something like "Manipulative" for his personality.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 15th, 2011, 03:22 AM

My goal with Psycho Pirate was to make a figure that could disrupt bonding and at the same time create more bonding for himself. I made the mistake of making Psychopath a personality and not a class. If Psycho-Pirate were to change Heroes classes to Psychopath and not their personalities, he would be much more of an effective bonding disrupter. I really like the idea of Psycho Pirate making more "Psycho's" and not "Insane" figures. Seems to make him feel more thematic and more fun.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Old June 15th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That would work too. Btw, manipulative is a personality, not a class. Maybe Manipulator?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 16th, 2011, 01:17 AM

Last night I was able to run an initial test on Adam Strange. We had a lot of fun with him. As of right now he feels around 160-175 points. He works great with the Joker. Master Calculator really helps you get Joker's Reorganized Chaos. I also played a game with Invisible Woman and the extra defense he got from Scientist class really made him difficult to kill. My only concern right now is that Joker and Invisible Woman together might prove too great a combo.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Old June 26th, 2011, 01:09 AM

I have ran a few more test with Adam Strange and it looks like I am going to change Master Calculator to give you a +2 bonus on initiative and not a full re-roll of the die. My reasoning is all based on the Joker and his Reorganized Chaos special power. Putting him in a army with Adam is to great of a combo. In a multiplayer game, it is not as bad, but in a 2 player game it is a huge advantage.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Old June 26th, 2011, 08:42 AM
C3G Strategist

CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby!

STOP THE PRESS! You did testing and I wasn't invited?! just kidding.

The initiative re-roll was kind of neat, I think if you took Joker out of the equation then it wouldn't be as big of a threat.

It is great for winning initiative (obviously) but was also neat for times when you might have won initiative when you didn't really want to go first.

Also, I think Good Pig gave pretty solid advice for some wording issues with Copperhead's Neurotoxin. Perhaps at the end of his wording corrections you can add something along the lines of "Androids are not affected by Neurotoxin."

Are we still on for Tuesday? I have a great idea for a new card.

Last edited by CharosInCharge; June 26th, 2011 at 08:50 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations