Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Which General?
Jandar! 4 9.30%
Ullar! 6 13.95%
Vydar! 2 4.65%
Einar! 6 13.95%
Utgar! 1 2.33%
Aquilla! 24 55.81%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 4th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Create-A-Unit 2: Part 3 - General

I threw in my vote for Einar. Personally, I think we're voting for general a little bit early, it makes more sense to me to hammer out the fucntion of the character before figuring out the flavor. But I'm not in charge. *shrugs*

Anyway, I voted for Einar because I see this character being a someone that organizes the various lawmen; strong, diciplined, and organized. Those are all Einar traits through and through. For those of you voting Aquillla, realize I don't mean to be as abrasive as this sounds, but "Aquilla doesn't have a cowboy yet," isn't a good reason to vote Aquilla. (And if she is getting those native americans in wave nine it would be a decent reason for her not to have a cowboy).

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 4th, 2009, 11:14 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx View Post
I'm going with Aquilla. Since the guy is support for the Lawmen/DED, and those guys are spread through Jandar, Ullar, Vydar, and Einar, I would expect the last one to come from a different general, as well. Considering that Utgar is (I believe) the enemy of all of those generals, and Aquilla is (probably) the ally, I would go with Aquilla. Plus, she has a more "neutral" feel to her, you know? Helps distribute assistance throughout all of the aformentioned units...

-scorp
All good points, Scorp and right on target of what I was thinking. I choose Aquilla.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old May 4th, 2009, 12:02 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
I threw in my vote for Einar. Personally, I think we're voting for general a little bit early, it makes more sense to me to hammer out the fucntion of the character before figuring out the flavor. But I'm not in charge. *shrugs*

Anyway, I voted for Einar because I see this character being a someone that organizes the various lawmen; strong, diciplined, and organized. Those are all Einar traits through and through. For those of you voting Aquillla, realize I don't mean to be as abrasive as this sounds, but "Aquilla doesn't have a cowboy yet," isn't a good reason to vote Aquilla. (And if she is getting those native americans in wave nine it would be a decent reason for her not to have a cowboy).

Umm... ditto.
That about sums up my reasoning
Old May 4th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I voted Aquilla. Not because, "she doesn't have a cowboy yet", but because of the following. Our exsisting lawmen, or cowboys, are spread out among the generals. Guilty for Einar, DED for Ullar, James Murphy for Vydar, and Jonny Shotgun for Jandar. So it that vain, it would make some thematic sense for our new hero to go to Aquilla.
Perhaps some sort of Native American tracker or guide, this would also help keep Aquilla "in theme" if indeed our expected Natives in wave 9 go to Aquilla.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old May 4th, 2009, 01:21 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Determining the general before the power seems to be backwards. For example, if this figure added range, Vydar would seem to be the best choice. If it activated more than one lawman (cowboy?), Jandar as the leader of the alliance vs Utgar, would seem to make most sense. If it had a counterstrike like ability, Einar would seem to fit.

Given the overall concept of cowboys and indians, I'm skeptical that Aquilla makes sense. I don't really see Utgar or Ullar either.
Old May 4th, 2009, 05:45 PM

Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker

Now that I think about it, I do think that the general should be moved back a bit. Maybe in the future rounds?
I voted Aquilla, by the way.
Old May 4th, 2009, 05:47 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

Einar has: Romans, Greeks, Samurai, and Ninjas.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old May 4th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Quote:

Einar has: Romans, Greeks, Samurai, and Ninjas.
It tooke me a minute to get what you were getting at there Gorthan, but you do make a good point, there in precedent for units that once opposed eachother fighting under the same general. (Units that opposed eachother more than cowboys and native americans actually did even.) I concede the point.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 4th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

For Aquilla I always pictured a Billy the Kid-ish cowboy. Y'know, morally grey. An honorable thief or something like that.

But that got me thinking - maybe we can have morally grey support! My thought process at the moment is a Bounty Hunter. At the start of a Round/game, you can put a bounty marker (if there isn't one already) on a unit your opponent controls. Any Lawman that attacks that unit rolls an extra 2 attack dice. Something like that, y'know?
Old May 4th, 2009, 06:54 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Aren't there historical instances of 'cowboys' becoming members of Indian tribes? I could definitely see a cool Aquilla figure in that sense.

(Also, glad to be doing another of these.)

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 4th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I voted Vyder because I like the cold-eyed but logical judge-jury-and-executioner type of lawmen. I'm not saying wanton killing-that would obviously be Utgar-just someone that's not afraid to get they're hands dirty when a job need to be done.

If you can handle the cursing and violence, I'm talking about someone like Seth Bullock from Deadwood. I'm not going to post a link for the reasons I just stated, but a good example of his character can be found on Youtube as "Deadwood Opening Scene."

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old May 4th, 2009, 08:23 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
My thought process at the moment is a Bounty Hunter. At the start of a Round/game, you can put a bounty marker (if there isn't one already) on a unit your opponent controls. Any Lawman that attacks that unit rolls an extra 2 attack dice. Something like that, y'know?
I like this idea. I started to make a Brisco County, Jr. figure at one time that would have fit this (if anyone out there knows who Brisco County, Jr. is ).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards