Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 10th, 2010, 03:09 PM

nerdcorerocks has disabled reputation
Is anyone actually kind of glad that it's done?

Don't get me wrong. I was pretty bummed when I first heard the news. I own at least one of everything, and 3 of almost any pack that includes commons.

But after a couple of days the logical part of my brain started to whisper "now you don't have to keep buying more and more figures for the rest of your life! And your wife will stop yelling at you!"

If heroscape ended today, it would be a pretty complete game to play for years to come (ok ok, it would have been nice to have seen at least one more classic wave). And I wouldn't have to spend more money on it!

Win-win?
Old November 10th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Is anyone actually kind of glad that it's done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcorerocks View Post
I own at least one of everything, and 3 of almost any pack that includes commons.
You've got a leg up on me. I ddin't get into HS until a few months before Wave 9 was released, so I'm still trying to find a lot of stuff from Waves 2-6, including a TT. I would have liked at least a few more reprints before they called it quits.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:04 PM

i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness i_r_beej wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
You've got a leg up on me. I didn't get into HS until a few months before Wave 9 was released, so I'm still trying to find a lot of stuff from Waves 2-6, including a TT. I would have liked at least a few more reprints before they called it quits.
I'm right there with you. But I started even later and so I'm missing more. So now Ebay is bleeding me dry.

My sale/trade/wants/haves.

Also spend my free time drawing robots:
Instagram @robotoftheday
Old November 12th, 2010, 01:52 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_r_beej View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
You've got a leg up on me. I didn't get into HS until a few months before Wave 9 was released, so I'm still trying to find a lot of stuff from Waves 2-6, including a TT. I would have liked at least a few more reprints before they called it quits.
I'm right there with you. But I started even later and so I'm missing more. So now Ebay is bleeding me dry.

Ebay won't get any higher than it currently is. Maybe a little until Christmas has come and gone this year.

I see Heroscape leveling out here soon. It won't get much cheaper, but I do see some of the prices dropping now that the game is discontinued. People are going to lose interest which will make it easier to grab some of the figures you're missing.

I'm being patient and waiting. For all I know, Hasbro will pick it back up and run some reprints here in a year or two.

Saying "I'm glad Heroscape is over so I won't have to worry about being tempted into buying more" is like an alcoholic saying "I'm glad it's Sunday and the liquor stores are closed so I won't be tempted to buy more alcohol", LOL!

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.

Last edited by Greyelephant; November 12th, 2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old November 12th, 2010, 02:35 PM

Crazybob is surprisingly tart

I started in last August so I could use some of the more rare charecters from certain waves, but I would rather their be more new units than reprinted old ones.
Old November 13th, 2010, 12:33 AM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker

I am very glad that WotC will no longer ruin this game, as was done over a year ago. The new units have well designed powers and are fun, but do not fit with the original theme of the game. D&D sucks. I never would have bought the game if it had been this way originally (apparently, not many D&D fans would either). WotC - you are liars and you suck, and I am glad you won't be getting my dollars anymore. If the game is picked up by another company, the D&D crap will have to be scrapped due to copyright - HOORAY. Maybe the well built powers will find their way into real Heroscape stuff, and that I will buy.
Old November 10th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm excited for the Next Chapter, the Age of the Fans.

After that I'll be glad when it gets picked up by a gaming company that will give us aliens, robots, and dragons. Really can't have enough dragons.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 10th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Why did you feel like you had to buy anything? I like ice cream but I don't feel obligated to purchase every flavor available. I guess my point is that, the line didn't have to end for you to exercise your option not to buy.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 10th, 2010, 04:25 PM

nerdcorerocks has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Why did you feel like you had to buy anything? I like ice cream but I don't feel obligated to purchase every flavor available. I guess my point is that, the line didn't have to end for you to exercise your option not to buy.
I disagree haha. I was pretty compulsive in my heroscape buying habits. If they kept releasing, and I had a complete collection up until now, there's no way I could just stop. Not without an excruciating breakdown of my psyche ; ).

Maybe most of you have less of an addiction than I did...and that is perfectly OK.
Old November 10th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcorerocks View Post
I disagree haha.
That was Grungebob, not haha.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old November 10th, 2010, 05:24 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
This is odd. I never felt obligated to buy all of 'Scape, since I didn't get most of the D&D, and am missing a few various other waves.

But I work at an ice cream parlor, and I get like every flavor. So I guess I'm backwords or something...
Old November 10th, 2010, 05:33 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Where were you when I needed help saving money on my therapy bill to afford Heroscape and vice versa?!?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion