Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 31st, 2012, 08:16 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of the Horned Skull Brutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeman1968 View Post
these guys work well with rats too. Scatter your rats on your opponents turn and get them adj. and then BIB when its your turn
As you may or may not have witnessed, I used that strategy to great effect at our tournament.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 31st, 2012, 10:07 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
these guys work well with rats too. Scatter your rats on your opponents turn and get them adj. and then BIB when its your turn
As you may or may not have witnessed, I used that strategy to great effect at our tournament.
I thought BiB only worked with small or medium Goblins. Now they actually seem pretty good to me now...
Old October 31st, 2012, 10:34 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I thought BiB only worked with small or medium Goblins. Now they actually seem pretty good to me now...
Nope, it works on any friendly small or medium squad figure. Expendable Rabble is just a perk--Barge Into Battle is where its at.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 31st, 2012, 11:21 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Nope, it works on any friendly small or medium squad figure. Expendable Rabble is just a perk--Barge Into Battle is where its at.
Yeah, after seeing the discussion in this thread, I reread the card and found out my mistake. Now I can see why they can be so good.
Old October 31st, 2012, 06:23 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Utah National Hero Scape Day was ruled by the Horned skull brutes. qt.bangerange used rats to trigger BiB. Here is the link to the top five players in the fist post. Bangerang's Brutes are first on the list.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...91#post1702991
Old April 6th, 2015, 06:31 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Horned Skull Brutes

Horned Skull Brutes
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 11th, 2015, 11:12 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Say you move just one Horned Skull Brute on your movement phase. You are playing against Nakita Agents, and have a bunch of potential BiB switches to engage. Can you decide which other Brutes to charge with after seeing the results of the Engagement Strike roll against the first Barge? Or do you need to declare who is "moving zero" during the movement phase so they can Barge?
Old May 11th, 2015, 01:57 PM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

The front page explains move all three first, then BiB. So I think you would have to declare who is moving "0" first. Of course, I have no authority, just my take from the first page
Old May 11th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

It seems to me that engagement strike has priority.

Engagement strike's wording implies (IMO) that it happens during the movement phase.

If I am reading it correctly, then you would move the one, have him live or die, then decide which other units you were moving with.
Old May 11th, 2015, 09:26 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
It seems to me that engagement strike has priority.

Engagement strike's wording implies (IMO) that it happens during the movement phase.

If I am reading it correctly, then you would move the one, have him live or die, then decide which other units you were moving with.
You're misunderstanding the question. Engagement strike triggers any time a figure is moved or placed next to Nakitas, including a barging brute. That's not the question.

The question is whether you have to designate which figures are eligible to barge before you start barging, if you moved fewer than three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hose View Post
The front page explains move all three first, then BiB. So I think you would have to declare who is moving "0" first. Of course, I have no authority, just my take from the first page
You definitely finish your normal move first. THat's not the question. The question is whether you have to designate which figures moved zero.

For your consideration, you do not have to designate which Wolves of Badru "moved zero" if you want to pounce with one of them. And of course the same applies to other attacks when you don't move with the full squad's worth of figures. The question is whether that applies to BiB, too.
Old May 11th, 2015, 10:22 PM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

Not sure why you don't have to designate which wolves moved zero. We designate which figures are going to move first, even if they are moving zero. So we would designate all figures that activate, then BiB with those, then attack. But again, that's how we interpret it.
Old May 12th, 2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hose View Post
Not sure why you don't have to designate which wolves moved zero. We designate which figures are going to move first, even if they are moving zero. So we would designate all figures that activate, then BiB with those, then attack. But again, that's how we interpret it.
So what makes this different than Wolves of Badru? They can move one Wolf, attack with that wolf, and then decide which other wolves to pounce or attack with. Nobody (at least in my experience) ever asks you to designate which wolf is "moving zero" during the movement phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ Version 13.4
Does a Wolf of Badru need to move before it pounces?
No. The note of “moved but has not attacked” is noting the point in its turn that it can pounce. It has to be past the movement phase of its turn, and that Wolf cannot have attacked normally because each Wolf can either use its normal attack or Special Attack.
Same goes, of course, for other common squads that don't move a full squad. If I bayonet charge with one 10th regiment and don't move any others, nobody asks me which ones are "moving zero". I pick them when I attack.

What makes Barge into Battle different? Or is it not different, and therefore I can choose which unmoved Brutes are activating and Barging into Battle after the first one Barges?

Last edited by dok; May 12th, 2015 at 01:43 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units