Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 2nd, 2007, 07:21 PM

Oyhedwig has disabled reputation
Is there a Khosumet strategy guide up? If not, this would be a terrific figure to try to make something out of. I was very skeptical about Dund before I read his guide. Now, I think I might be able to do something decent with Dund. It really drives me crazy that Khosumet might just be completely worthless. The figure is cool, I like the theme going on, but the figure just does not deliver. I don't like having figures that I never use. A guide for the Darklord would be great. The writers of the guides do a terrific job.

My Deathwalkers climb.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 07:44 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyhedwig
Is there a Khosumet strategy guide up? If not, this would be a terrific figure to try to make something out of. I was very skeptical about Dund before I read his guide. Now, I think I might be able to do something decent with Dund. It really drives me crazy that Khosumet might just be completely worthless. The figure is cool, I like the theme going on, but the figure just does not deliver. I don't like having figures that I never use. A guide for the Darklord would be great. The writers of the guides do a terrific job.
The sad thing is, until those new wolves come out, he's pretty much relegated to the backlines. Keeping him adjacent to the wolves he's supposed to buff is just asking for him to get slaughtered. Once the Wave 8 wolves come out though, then we'll talk.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old January 6th, 2008, 01:27 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I was thinking about this guy recently, and it defies all logic that this guy has a shield and STILL has lower defense then his wolves... what the? Your defense skills must be astounding to have a shield and still have lower defensive capability than others of your own race without shields.
If a squad of "bodyguards" does get released, maybe they could have Scythe weapons like Khosumet? That would be cool.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old January 9th, 2008, 09:44 PM

thezandcshow has disabled reputation
What did Khosumet ever do to be so bad...
At least the sculpt rocks. *sigh*

Same with Spartacus, DW7K, Morsbane, Dund, Sudema, and anything with a C- or lower rating. Seriously, there must be something you can do to increrase the rankings of these "suckish" characters.

Do I really need a signature?
Old January 9th, 2008, 09:55 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
The rankings are based on official stats only, so there's nothing to be done about that.

If you want to increase the playability of those figures through house rules, here's an interesting little project: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=14017.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 10th, 2008, 02:15 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
They're definitely going to have to cost more than the Anubians, IMO, mainly for the bonding.
I disagree, I could see them being cheap and weak stat units.

My logic:
Compare to Armoc Vipers: Move 7, 3/3 - 65pts (with bonding)
Stingers: Move 5, 3/3 - 60pts (with a similar ability with a chance of death)

and the stingers are ranged...

Please keep signatures short.
Old April 10th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
They're definitely going to have to cost more than the Anubians, IMO, mainly for the bonding.
Eh, I could see them being 75 points. Their pounce can backfire.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old April 10th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
*Aldin goes to bow dust off the Darklord*

~Aldin, into bondage

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 10th, 2008, 04:43 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!
Depending on the new wolves' stats, Khosumet might not get any better. Khosumet doesn't boost the wolves' special and he'll still die very quickly if you put him in the front lines.

I still like him with Anubians though.
Old April 10th, 2008, 04:46 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Depending on the new wolves' stats, Khosumet might not get any better. Khosumet doesn't boost the wolves' special and he'll still die very quickly if you put him in the front lines.

I still like him with Anubians though.
But at least he wouldn't sit on the back line the whole time. He could get up into the fight and get some attacks in there, and any adjacent Anubians would get his attack bonus (which I have never seen happen before because he is left so far behind).

I envision moving the Anubians up and getting into combat, following shortly behind by Khosumet and his bonding squad. The Badru can pounce on some key targets and Khosumet can get a swing in, and then the next turn you activate the Anubians who now have their leader in an adjacent space, and have an even higher attack!

Please keep signatures short.
Old April 10th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker
I posted this in the Wolves of Badru's book but I though it was relevant here too...

"Quite honestly,

I wouldn't be very surprised if these guys were priced in the 40-50 range.

Yes they have bonding, but currently only to 1 crappy hero.

They have a powerful but risky special attack; but the Venoc Vipers, priced at 40, are also a squad of 3 with super high movement and the possibility to frenzy + slither.

I think these guys will be cheaper with both Relentless and Devourer descriptions or even "Guard" description. this would give them lots of different synergies and would give the already existing wolves a major boost.

You have a thematic special attack as well as a means to actually put Khosumet into the fight to boost The Anubians' attack. Alternating turns between the Anubians and these guys would be an intimidating melee formation.

Move khosumet up and attack followed by several attacks or pounces.

Next turn, Roll the D20 for the Anubians and run up with a second attack wave possibly boosted by Khosumet

The decisions you make to pounce or not are going to add a lot of strategic maneuvers to the wolf army."

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old April 10th, 2008, 06:13 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit94
He's finally going to be good!
He'll be better, but I don't know about good. We need at least one more darklord (all bonding groups should have at least 2 options [yes, we need another Ullar Warlord]).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units