Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old January 16th, 2013, 03:36 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sudema for Dummies

Today, I would like to talk about my all time favorite unit, and one that I have one many tournaments with, Sudema. Enjoy!

First off, I'm surprised not many people field her. She's probably the least played of all the Undead heroes, but for what reason? Cyprien and his family are all vampires. They seem to be played fairly often, but once all the Twilight hype dies down, there won't be much reason to play anything but Sonya, probably the best filler in the game. Besides her though what do the Esenwein's really have? Mostly nothing. Cyprien is a decent glyphholder on his own, but his real value comes when played as support for Sonya. Iskra and Marcu don't even bear talking about.

Now onto Sudema, as an Undead Queen, it makes sense to take her with some other Undead. Zombies, Death Knights, and Shades being the only options, it's probably best to bring 2 squads total. 1x Zombies and 1x Death Knights should do the trick. The other figure to pair her with is Charos; She looks awesome if you cut up your figure and mount it on his back. Finally add a squad of Quasatch Hunters. I'll explain why later.

That gives you:
Sudema 140
Charos 210
Quasatch Hunters 100
Zombies of Morindan 60
Death Knights of Valkrill 60
for your standard 570 point tournament army.

Now let's look at how you play this army. It's quite simple really. You should play Sudema just like Braxas, except with much more deception. They are both Queens with auto-destroy abilities, 3 defense, 1 range, and 5 move. With Braxas, the common strategy is to have the Greenscales move onto swamp spaces while Braxas ties down the squads your opponent is sure to run. However, in this new age of Fanscape, the metagame is shifting. Most opponents will be using massed Swogs or Command Couriers. To combat this, you need Quasatch Hunters. You send these bad boys out first, usually to hold glyphs since they can camouflage with whatever is around them. Meanwhile Sudema advances riding Charos. Most common heroes will have no chance against this guy. Unfortunately, the 2 aforementioned ones, can disengage. That's why you need Sudema. If those pesky commons are stone, no amount of disengage will get them away from Charos.

Here's where the strategy comes in though, and this is where most people get confused. Your opponent will usually be expecting this combination, so to really confuse them, you have to make everything look the same. People will expect your Death Knights to look like Death Knights, however, if they look like Sudema, they'll never know which is which. That's why I always proxy a few of my extra Sudemas as Death Knights (check with your Tournament Director first though, he might not be as generous). This strategy is sure to work. Your opponent will focus all of his resources on taking down the "Sudema" that's with big greenie. This allows the REAL Sudema to get behind enemy lines. With your Quasatch on the glyphs, she'll be so boosted that it's impossible to beat her. How is that possible though you ask? Aren't glyphs usually balanced? Well usually they are. That's why you place a few Glyphs of Gerda and Jalgard around pregame (again, be sure to check with your TD first.).

Once Sudema is behinds enemy lines with glyphs, there isn't much they can do. Unless they have Jotun, who can throw her into lava, you've basically won the game. In case somethign does go wrong though, the Zombies are there for cleanup. If you really wanted, you could proxy a few Sudemas for them too, but that;s usually unnecessary. Good luck with this strategy, maybe I'll share some batreps soon.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.

Last edited by greygnarl; April 9th, 2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old January 16th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Sudema for Dummies

Is this for real? That army is terrible and I love Sudema.
You never, ever, run a single squad of Zombies. Also a single squad of Death Knights and Quasatch is not ideal.
If you can win with that army you are best player of all time.

Since when can Sudema ride Charos? This is really weird.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 16th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

This is one of those Satirical Reviews, methinks.
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:20 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice, got a good chuckle out of this.

However, I would suggest putting this in the Fan Art & Fiction next time.
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:41 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I love this. It shifted perfectly from kind of making sense into making no sense at all. I've got to try this army out.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Definitely should go in a different forum, but this got quite a few chuckles out of me. I liked how seriously you took it. This line was the funniest, IMO:
Quote:
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:20 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Definitely should go in a different forum, but this got quite a few chuckles out of me. I liked how seriously you took it. This line was the funniest, IMO:
Quote:
Didn't even notice that one! So many great lines in this one.

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old January 17th, 2013, 03:14 PM

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I put this here because it's like the Satirical Reviews.

Old January 18th, 2013, 06:31 AM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
I put this here because it's like the Satirical Reviews.
Yes, I realize that. However, the truth is, they probably don't belong here either.
Old January 19th, 2013, 03:52 AM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

Haha well done. Loved the line on twilight.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:00 PM

I tried to put a few one liners in there that a noob wouldn't get, like the esenweins, fanscape, and 570 for example. Thanks for all the kind words.

Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:57 PM

Fabien Esenwein is surprisingly tart

This was great! Just curious, how many Sudemas do you actually have?

Imagine Life Drain, Eight Movement, Stealth Flying, and Whirlwind Attack. It don't get no better than that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles