Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old June 2nd, 2015, 01:34 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Still smarting over our last meeting - so good to beat Rich10, even if only in theory.

150 Warriors of Ashra x 3
130 DW8000
120 Kaemon
500, 11 spaces
David, that was a while back. Hopefully, I'll see you at Islandscape and you can return the favor. Your army (without KA) would do well there.

Agent Skahen 120
Nakita Agents 120
KMA 100
Carr 100
Zetacron 60
500, 10 spaces

Range should take out the WoA. KA will have trouble hitting Skahen or KMA. Carr slices up DW8K.
Old June 2nd, 2015, 02:47 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I'm taking a variation on my last tournament army, what tournament I can't recall, that had the same format as this year's Islandscape:

160 Wolves of Badru x 2
140 Werewolf Lord
120 Nakitas
90 Myrddin
510, 12 spaces.

In that tournament, at 480 points, I had Syvarris; he was allowed (but certainly no A-A+ units) - along with 3 squads of WoA and the
Werewolf Lord. I lost only 1 game - to a Nakitas/Gorillinator army, ironically enough.

Myrddin has come out since then. His ranged Special Attack is the primary reason to take him, but it might be handy to be able to take a Wound to help the Werewolf Lord with Moon Frenzy. Too bad he can't help the Nakitas with anything - other than fashion tips.

Old June 2nd, 2015, 05:40 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nhah Scirh Cultists x5 (400)
Krav Maga Agents (500)
23/24 hexes

Nothing hurts special attackers like 20 little Cultists swarming the battlefield. The Werewolf Lord has no one to use powers against, and the Krav can deal with the Nakita. I would love to see this army in person.
Old June 3rd, 2015, 05:10 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Time for Blades to shine.

4xBlade Gruts 160
Tornak 100
Grimnak 120
Kaemon Awa 120

Such speed, much cheap, ez kills, Wow.
Kaemon in order to add difficulty for next army.

Old June 3rd, 2015, 07:09 AM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post

4xBlade Gruts 160
Tornak 100
Grimnak 120
Kaemon Awa 120

Elves!

Ulginesh - 180
Chardris - 90
Jorhdawn - 100
Emmiroon - 80
Kylenta Gywn - 20
Arkmer - 60
Onotashi - 10
Total - 500/8 spaces

Use the Elven Yo-Yo against the gruts. Teleporting range owns melee. Onotashi acts as a Glyph grabber. The only issue is that you've got Kaemon Awa. Arkmer can act as a small screen for him, and shoot at him. I remember destroying an all melee army with this. (Save for Kaemon Awa) And I, running an all melee army got decimated by the Elves. Elves vs Melee isn't a fair fight.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old June 4th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post

4xBlade Gruts 160
Tornak 100
Grimnak 120
Kaemon Awa 120

Elves!

Ulginesh - 180
Chardris - 90
Jorhdawn - 100
Emmiroon - 80
Kylenta Gywn - 20
Arkmer - 60
Onotashi - 10
Total - 500/8 spaces

Use the Elven Yo-Yo against the gruts. Teleporting range owns melee. Onotashi acts as a Glyph grabber. The only issue is that you've got Kaemon Awa. Arkmer can act as a small screen for him, and shoot at him. I remember destroying an all melee army with this. (Save for Kaemon Awa) And I, running an all melee army got decimated by the Elves. Elves vs Melee isn't a fair fight.
Although it is doubtful that elves would win that matchup, I would counter with:

3x Protectors of Ullar
Raelin
Atlaga

Protectors with 5 defense lead out. Raelin protects them. Atlaga boosts move and can 1-shot someone if needed, although he is mainly just cleanup.
Old June 4th, 2015, 02:54 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Tough Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Although it is doubtful that elves would win that matchup, I would counter with:

3x Protectors of Ullar
Raelin
Atlaga

Protectors with 5 defense lead out. Raelin protects them. Atlaga boosts move and can 1-shot someone if needed, although he is mainly just cleanup.
Gnators x3 - 270
Nakitas - 120
AE - 110

If AE drop early, assassinate Raelin or Atlaga. If they don't then Nakitas and Gorillinators can outrange Protectors and Tough and Smoke Powder are pain for the Protectors. No heroes means no arbalest and no good targets for Atlaga to Witherwood. If AE drop later, rain down fire wherever.

~Dysole, who almost went B-11s instead
Old June 4th, 2015, 02:56 PM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nilfheim (185)
Greenscales x4 (240)
Garret Burns (70)

Special attacks for days, plus the greenscales outnumber and outgun the Gnators. Garret is deadly against range dependent, hard to kill squads as well, and can be used in clean up to deal with the leftovers.
Old June 5th, 2015, 06:58 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Nilfheim (185)
Greenscales x4 (240)
Garret Burns (70)

Special attacks for days, plus the greenscales outnumber and outgun the Gnators. Garret is deadly against range dependent, hard to kill squads as well, and can be used in clean up to deal with the leftovers.
Axegrinders x4-280
Ulfrid-100
Mogrimm-120

Ulfrid attacks Nilf with his special as soon as possible. In the meantime, axegrinders and Mogrimm should be able to easily dispatch the greenscales and possibly put a few wounds on the big bad dragon. Whatever is left, probably at least a squad of dwarves and a slightly wounded Mogrimm can easily take care of Burns.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old July 19th, 2015, 12:19 AM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
Quote:
Nilfheim (185)
Greenscales x4 (240)
Garret Burns (70)

Axegrinders x4-280
Ulfrid-100
Mogrimm-120

Ulfrid attacks Nilf with his special as soon as possible. In the meantime, axegrinders and Mogrimm should be able to easily dispatch the greenscales and possibly put a few wounds on the big bad dragon. Whatever is left, probably at least a squad of dwarves and a slightly wounded Mogrimm can easily take care of Burns.
This thread seems like it's getting a bit dusty.

Redcoats x3 225
Marcus Decimus Gallus 325
Airborne Elite 435
Izumi Samurai 495

Melee Defense + Marcus + WtF = Dead Axegrinders.

An early AE drop + grenades can deal a lot of damage, and depending on the map allow for some easy hero assassinations. The Samurai can easily clean up any leftover dwarves with Counterstrike.

"elvenwizard9." Now that's a username I've not heard in a long time.
Old July 19th, 2015, 12:39 AM

Lets roll with my favorite army -

M-43 Resistance Fighters x4 (260)
B-11 Resistance Corps (370)
Krav Maga Agents (470)
Kira Jax (30)

All my units have range, and therefore can dish out some damage before wait then fire can get too brutal. The M-43 move in first, and with their high range and mobility power, they should keep the redcoats on their toes while Kira and the B-11 move in. Airborne Elite might get nasty, but Guerrilla Tactics should keep them spread out to avoid grenades, and if they drop early, they shouldn't get more than one turn before the M-43/Krav/B-11 pick them off. Marcus' aura shouldn't be a problem, since Redcoats should be dying off pretty fast, but if need be, a quick assault from Krav or B-11 should end him fast enough. Kira plays cleanup, but with her attack and range, whe could be used as a late game assassin if the Krav or B-11 go down to fast.
Old July 19th, 2015, 05:23 PM

dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Lets roll with my favorite army -

M-43 Resistance Fighters x4 (260)
B-11 Resistance Corps (370)
Krav Maga Agents (470)
Kira Jax (30)

All my units have range, and therefore can dish out some damage before wait then fire can get too brutal. The M-43 move in first, and with their high range and mobility power, they should keep the redcoats on their toes while Kira and the B-11 move in. Airborne Elite might get nasty, but Guerrilla Tactics should keep them spread out to avoid grenades, and if they drop early, they shouldn't get more than one turn before the M-43/Krav/B-11 pick them off. Marcus' aura shouldn't be a problem, since Redcoats should be dying off pretty fast, but if need be, a quick assault from Krav or B-11 should end him fast enough. Kira plays cleanup, but with her attack and range, whe could be used as a late game assassin if the Krav or B-11 go down to fast.
Phantoms knights x5 350
Rachiem 490
Otanoshi 500

Phantom knights should handle the majority without too many problems with their stealth flying and high defense against range. Rachiem for a different clean up unit and Otanoshi because she isn't Isamu.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion