Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 8th, 2020, 01:14 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Sentry ~ (Breathing)

I think the theme of your name on the second goes against what the power is conveying. When I hear "million exploding suns" I don't think explosion effect that I can holes in to not hurt my allies.

Keeping in mind that I know next to nothing about this guy. Is there a write up somewhere of the intent of the playstyle between Sentry and Void? As of right now, he doesn't feel super enticing for his point cost because of the downsides of him. 450 points isn't something I want to just up and leave the battlefield.
Old July 8th, 2020, 01:18 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Most of the ideas for Void would be in this thread. I’m kind of holding off on him just to see where Sentry goes.

The basic idea would be a figure that replaces Sentry when he leaves the battlefield, but is more indiscriminately destructive.
Old July 8th, 2020, 01:26 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

"Million exploding suns" is never truly defined in the comics. It's a faux-golden age descriptor they gave him. I like the flavor of it portrayed on the card, but there's a lot of wiggle room on what we can do here. Like I said, he has pretty much every single power ever.

He'll be a bit like Phoenix/Dark Phoenix. Yeah huge downside, but you CAN get him back by sacrificing turns. If he ends up sucking, his cost can come down. But I think we're REAL close to getting the theme right on this guy, and that's my main concern.
Old July 8th, 2020, 01:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Does he (thematically) ever hurt his allies? Should the unblockables hit all figures in range, not just enemy ones?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 8th, 2020, 01:31 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Does he (thematically) ever hurt his allies? Should the unblockables hit all figures in range, not just enemy ones?
Only as the Void (Which will be on Void's card!)

This Sentry is the "Can't get out of bed because he's having a panic attack" Sentry. Combined with Void is when we get the universe destroyer Sentry.
Old July 8th, 2020, 01:33 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool cool.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 8th, 2020, 09:42 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I do agree that, for me, the theme on Million Exploding Suns feels a little off. It reads like an area-of-effect psychic blast, the sort of thing we put on telepaths and the like. Yes, unblockables are flexible theme-wise, and he does occasionally use those sort of "generic cosmic energy blast" type things, but for a guy that spends 99% of the time punching people REALLY hard, it just feels like missing the forest for the trees.

How would something like this feel?

POWER OF A MILLION EXPLODING SUNS
After attacking with Sentry, if the defending figure did not receive any wounds, roll X unblockable attack dice against that figure, and then, one at a time, roll an unblockable attack die against all enemy figures within X spaces of that figure, where X equals the number of Instability Markers on this card.

That might be a little too crazy, but to me it feels more Sentry - the focus on the impact of his attacks.
Old July 8th, 2020, 10:01 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

So even if you manage to avoid his 8 attack dice, you still face unblockables? That's a hard sell for me.
Old July 8th, 2020, 10:10 PM
...has moist legs

I mean, it still has the negative (In my opinion) of just making the opponents spread out, with the onus is on the attack, rather than Sentry able to blast at will.

Plus it's downright bonkers, damage-wise, like Yoda says. I like being a choice between attacking or unblockables for that reason.

(Also not really pertinent, but he IS a telepath. Along with everything else )
Old July 8th, 2020, 11:31 PM

I would tweak what johnny has to make it work only if he has markers on him. Otherwise you'd just try to never get markers on, because you'd be getting a huge attack or an unblockable. I think you want that push/pull of there being upside for having markers on him.

Old July 9th, 2020, 12:02 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Even if the details aren't all there yet, johnny's direction feels a lot more evocative to me. Absolutely overwhelming force against one enemy and then happening to hurt other people in the blast radius feels more Sentry to me than calculated crowd control.
Old July 9th, 2020, 12:02 AM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I would tweak what johnny has to make it work only if he has markers on him. Otherwise you'd just try to never get markers on, because you'd be getting a huge attack or an unblockable. I think you want that push/pull of there being upside for having markers on him.

Well you HAVE to have at least one, otherwise it'd be within 0 spaces of himself. All iterations of the power we've talked about have needed at least one to do anything.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library