Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 20th, 2016, 12:12 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Dwindle, i.e. what I've been so busy working on

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
One of the things I like about C++ is that, given the right 3rd-party library (and there are quite a few decent open source ones) you can write the same code once for every platform. You would still need to write your own code for any lower-level platform-specific functionality not provided by the library you're using, but if the library provides everything you need it's pretty simple. I wrote a Dominion deck shuffler with JUCE that I can run on my Windows 10 PC or my Android phone (I could probably run it on OS X, iOS, Linux, and Windows phones as well without any changes, but I don't have any of those platforms available to compile right now).
For sure, although a major advantage of Unity as a game engine is the ability to export native builds for almost any platform with (for most things) no extra work; I put most everything I build for myself on both my PC and my Android tablet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
This game looks really cool--way, way cooler than anything I worked on in College.
Thanks! It's definitely a lot cooler than anything else I've done so far. 24 people can get a lot done as a class over a semester.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games