Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old November 26th, 2008, 12:15 AM

StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker
Star's Spectacular Skirmishes~New 5/16

Occasionally me and my dad can find the time to play Heroscape together. Finally after a while I decided to report on one.

Turret Rocks

We played with:

Me:
Sonlen-160
Saylind-240
Mimring-390
Tarns-440
Marro Warriors-490

Dad:
x2 Anubians-150
DW9000-290
Shiori-350
Q10-500

So the Deathwalker and Sonlen faced off for the last time. Sonlen petted his dragon as he hoped it would not be him. Meanwhile the Deathwalker steadied his hungry wolves, growling as they percieved the juicy warriors in the distance.

Saylind took the initiative, flying up to the cliffs, but failed to summon anyone with her spear. Shiori moved to counter her move, stopping near the slopes. The Tarns charged like berserkers toward the glyph of Astrid, lying on a sand bar in the river.

Anubians tried to counter Sonlen's troops again, heading toward Astrid too. Sonlen moved to the river to support his troops, and more Anubians came to join Shiori near the cliffs.

The Tarns continued forward, one grabbing Astrid, two climbing to the mound, and the fourth moving to keep the wolves at bay. The wolves retaliated, slaying the Viking holding Astrid.

Saylind again attempted to use her spear, but she couldn't seem to get the spell right. Meanwhile, Anubians near Shiori left to help fight the Tarns. Sonlen moved closer to the cliffs, sending a bolt and dispatching a wolf in the process. The Deathwalker lumbered up by one of the ruins, and opened fire, sending a Viking into the dust.

The two remaining Vikings charged to avenge their brothers, stopping a wolf dead in the water. The wolves retaliated, cutting down another Viking, and grabbing Astrid finally. Sonlen sent his dragon to help the last Tarn, and together he and his dragon slew two of the wolves. The wolves then returned and killed the last Viking.

Mimring arrived and belched a line of fire, incinerating a wolf, before Shiori suprised Sonlen, wounding him.
The Deathwalker ascended the rise, blasting at Sonlen, and knocked him to his feet. Sonlen sent his dragon at the Deathwalker to take him out, and he himself shot down a wolf.
The wolf was about to move, but the Deathwalker ordered him to stay put with Astrid, where he would be more useful.
Saylind suddenly descended out of the sky, thrusting her spear into Shiori's shoulder, dropping her to the ground. The Deathwalker responded for Shiori, blasting Saylind in the chest. The Sonlen's dragon shot down as well, rushing through the Deathwalker's defenses, causing him to explode into a thousand pieces. Sonlen leaned on his staff, satisfied with the battle for once.

Saylind suddenly flew up to the cliff, but as she passed overhead, Shiori slashed her leg. She landed upon the heights, and raised her spear, and Sonlen suddenly appeared beside her. Q10 moved to the heights to replace the late Deathwalker, blasting with his wrist rocket. Saylind crumpled before him.

Mimring surged forward, and launched a blast of fire from his gaping jaws, but Shiori leapt aside and a distand Anubian leapt over it. Again the great dragon shot his fire, but to no avail. Shiori, however was able to land two hits in the dragon's neck.
Finally Mimring belched one last fire line, incinerating Shiori. Q10 then proceeded to gun down Mimring, but in a blast of rage, Sonlen appeared on the heights, blasting the soulborg into the ground, dead.

Calming himself, he descended the cliffs, turning his attention to the Marro, but wait!

Where were they?

Oh.
Game over.

This finally ended with:
Marro Warriors
Sonlen(1 life to go)

Contend, O Lord, against those who contend against me;
Fight against those who fight against me. Psalm 35:1

Last edited by StarofEarendil; May 15th, 2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old November 26th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Star's Spectacular Skirmishes

Very nice, except next time put a little more detail into the rounds.
Old November 26th, 2008, 12:38 AM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

Hey, great report! I really enjoyed the pics!

Boise ID Scaper
Old November 26th, 2008, 12:47 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Spectacular.
Old November 26th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Very well put together. Both of your armies seem fair and are really unique, you must have had a fun game.
Old November 26th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very enjoyable, good clear pictures too (something I can't always claim, hah)
Old November 26th, 2008, 10:43 PM

StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker

Today after I got some new stuff, we had a new battle.

Embattled Fen

Me:
Alastair-110
x2 Minute Men-250
x2 Knights-390
Sir Gilbert-105

Dad:
DW9000-140
Q10-290
x2 Anubians-440
Shiori-500

My dad won initiative first (rolling a...2!), and sent the Anubians around toward the bridges. The Minute Men took high ground in the sand.

The second squad of wolves took positions opposite the Minute Men, and then the Knights charged forward supported by Gilbert. Shiori joined the first Anubians, which suprised me, and the Knights went forward, again aided by Gilbert. They took Wannok, and the round ending, and Q10 took the wound.

Again my dad gained initiative, sending Wolves onto the bridge. I sent the Knights and Gilbert launched one into the forefront of the battle, slaying Shiori in a single strike( to )

The Anubians by the Knight proceeded to roll a one for Unleashed Fury, and the other two failed to do anything.
On the bridge, the Minute Men rushed forward, dealing a faceful of lead into the Anubians on the bridge. ( each)

Q10 came forward, but failed to hurt the lone knight. The knights retaliated, one in the front failing to do anything, another charging across the bridges, engaging a wolf in swamp. Due to the round end, Q10 was selected to take the wound from Wannok.

This time I got initiative, and the Minute Men went forward, one slaying Q10(whiff!) and another killing a wolf.

The one of the remaining wolf slew the knight it had been engaged with. Then the other Knights ran up, slaying one of the wolves.

Then due to the death of Q10, I took my third turn unhindered. The last wolf was finally slain, while a knight charged against the Deathwalker. However, since the round was over, the Deathwalker was slain.

Old November 27th, 2008, 02:43 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cool report. That's a pretty solid win too!
Old December 13th, 2008, 11:31 PM

Finally got around to another game, but it took three days to finish. Note that if a figure is destroyed, it may not be referred to as dead.

Me
Sonlen-160
x2 Anubians-310
Raelin(ROTV)-390
Krav Maga-490

Dad
Drake(ROTV)-110
Concan-190
x2 Knights-330
4th Massachusetts-400
Shotgun Sullivan-465

Sister
Syvarris-100
Q10-250
4th Massachusetts-320
Izumi-380
Raelin(SOTM)-500(will be referred to as Realin)

Sonlen gazed over the swampy landscape. In the center stood a rocky hill. Mounds stood around it in many places. Two roads led to the hill, as though it had been a fortress and one point.

He had been ordered to take and hold the hill. Hmph. Hold it from who? But then he spotted an army approaching from the south. Hmm. Raelin ascended into the sky and reported another army from the east. Why did no one ever tell Sonlen these things?
"We need to take the hill," he told his force.
Raelin descended, reporting that the eastern force of Jandarian forces had already begun moving, Concan the kyrie warrior and several knights moving towards the hill.

Sonlen looked over at the southern force, but the warriors there were moving toward them! Sonlen quickly ordered the Krav, Raelin, and some wolves forward to the hill.

Sonlen looked back at the southern force. they were getting close. He and the other wolves with him ran to join the bulk of the army. Raelin reported that Concan was already upon the hill, with knights behind him. The lawman Johnny Sullivan was going around the hill, toward the southern army.

Sonlen's tactical thoughts were interrupted as an explosion occurred. The Krav moved toward the hill, firing in vain at the source of the explosion, a soulborg named Q10.

Finally, three pistols fired, and Q10 fell to the ground.

Sonlen looked up in relief, but saw Concan on the top of the hill, but he had two arrows in his leg. He growled, and Sonlen saw in the water Syvarris, reaching for another arrow. Raelin flew up to see what had happened, only do descend again and report that the knights had nearly gotten onto the hill.

The three Krav stood their ground, and observed four Revolutionary War guys run forward. Four shots rang out. The black agent fell to the ground, a bullet in her stomach from a point-blank shot. The white agent dodged a shot, but as he side-stepped, another shot hit him in the shoulder. He fell to the ground. The female merely ducked.

Raelin again descended to Sonlen, reporting that Shotgun had taken the hill, but samurai were making their way toward him.

Sonlen then raced forward to help the last agent. But soon there was no more agent. Four shots rang out. even the agents couldn't dodge four shots like that at that range.

Sonlen roared. All the agents down! He leapt to the road, his dragon barreled toward a soldier, ripping his neck, while Sonlen sent a bolt of white-hot fire down, consuming the soldier.

As Sonlen tried to cool himself, Raelin descended, reporting that Izumi had attacked Shotgun, and Syvarris was fighting knights on the hill. She also reported Sgt. Drake moving forward with more knights.

Sonlen, feeling better, ordered wolves forward, and they got onto the road, ascending the hill. Raelin reported Syvarris still battling knights, but Shotgun had an arrow in his shoulder, and Drake and his knights were arriving at the hill.

Sonlen ordered his wolves forward, and they rushed up, killing a knight. Sonlen quickly joined them, talking with Syvarris. The two planned to join together to defeat the Jandarian forces, and then they might share the hill.

Sonlen, now able to see better, looked to the southeast. There, finally, the Shotgun Shogun had fallen the the Izumi.

Syvarris ran to the top of the hill, next to Concan, firing two arrows at him. Concan deflected them easily. Raelin quickly ascended the cliff by Sonlen, thrusting her spear at Concan, only to see him parry it. Then Drake arrived, slashing a wolf in the stomach.

Sonlen sent a blast, but his target dodged. His dragon circled above, trying to find an opening. The wolves attacked the Sergeant, hurting him badly. Another wolf sprang to the dead one's place, and Drake was unable to kill it. The wolves retaliated, and he fell to the ground, unconsious. Meanwhile, more knights arrived on the hill.

Satisfied, Sonlen observed the rest of the field, and saw 4th Massachusetts men shoot down an Izumi.

“Gwah!”
Sonlen turned around at the sound, and saw Concan on the ground, wounded in the shoulder and the stomach. He turned back again, firing a bolt, but it merely bounced off the targeted knight's shield.

He looked back at the Izumi, as the 4th Massachusetts shot down one, then another, finishing them off.

“Attack!” Sonlen roared at the wolves. They charged at the knights, taking out three more of them. One fell to a newly arriving knight, but soon he too was dead as the full fury of the Anubians was unleashed. One even ran up, mortally wounding Syvarris.

Syvarris looked at Sonlen, angry. “You!” He fired, but Sonlen's dragon snatched the arrows as the came. The dragon then hit Syvarris. Suddenly a shot came from the east, hitting Sonlen. He looked, and saw the Minute Men, one having fired at him. He looked a little farther south, and saw Realin moving toward the Minute Men, but they fired first, and she had to nurse the wound. Then Syvarris drew his bow, pointing it straight at Sonlen, then suddenly turned it, shooting Raelin. She fell to the ground, hurt but not unconscious. Sonlen moved next to her, and hit Syvarris with his staff, knocking him unconscious.

Sonlen ordered his wolves to the sides of the cliff to secure the height his army alone held. Two attacked the 4th Massachusetts men from the southern army, slaying them both. Another ran to the eastern bridge, killing a Minute Man from the eastern army.

Realin ascended the hill suddenly, and the eastern soldiers fired, killing a wolf and avenging their friend.

Under Sonlen's orders, more wolves arrived from the west side, one lunging at a member of the 4th Massachusetts. The soldier dodged and fired, shooting the wolf in the head as he fell into the water below. Another shot at Realin, and she fell to the ground, hurt. She quickly got back up again however.

Sonlen saw that it was near the end of the battle. The eastern army had only about three Minute Men left, while the southern army had the hero Realin remaining. Meanwhile, he had Raelin and about two wolves. Realin attacked two Minute Men with her spear, but they leapt backward. The one closest to the hill, however, jumped back, only to be swatted by a wolf, and he fell into the water below.

The 4th Massachusetts fired, killing one of the last wolves. Realin flew to a southern mound where a Massachusetts soldier stood. She drove her spear through the soldier's shoulder, and he fell to the ground, badly hurt.

Realin flew over to the last Minute Man, speaking quietly to him. Sonlen ran up toward the two, but his blast missed the Minute Man, and the dragon couldn't find an opening. Finally in a second blast he killed the soldier, but Realin flew back to the hill. The two engaged in a short firefight which resolved nothing, before finally Realin flew to the hilltop, thrusting her spear into Raelin, mortally wounding her. Then finally the last wolf ran up to Raelin, slashing at Realin, downing her finally.

So the final score was Sonlen, Raelin(ROTV) and my win.

Old December 14th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very nice report, thanks for posting.
Old December 29th, 2008, 09:49 PM

I finally found the time to have another battle.

The Fourth Battle(Due to the number of fours that kept cropping up)

Me
Sonlen-160
Agent Carr-260
x2 Stingers-380

My Dad
Drake(ROTV)-110
Major Q10-260
x2 4th Massachusetts-400

I won initiative, and sent the Stingers forward on the lower side. My dad sent Drake forward on the upper path. A Stinger came into range, and failed to cause any damage on its Massachusetts target. The Stinger immediately received four balls of lead in the face.
A Stinger moved up the north path to counter Drake, while the other two secured the lower hill. Q10 attempted to shoot down the Stingers with his pistol fire, but he failed (barely).

My dad won initiative for the next round (with a four), and he sent Drake farther up the upper path. Meanwhile the lower minute men were attacked, one falling to the Stingers.

Q10 rushed forward to take out my Stingers, but failed to kill with his wrist rocket.

The Stingers attacked, one rushing Drake and wounding him, the other two half wounding Q10. The lower 4th Massachusetts ran onto the path, but they failed to shoot anyone. Carr moved up to the upper hill.

I won initiative in the third round, using the Stingers again. They failed to do any damage in the lower section, while the upper Stinger wounded Drake. Drake got angry and shoved his katana through the Stinger's gut. (I think the rolls were to .)

The lower Stingers finally killed Q10, while another in the upper part moved forward.

The upper minute men finally joined Drake on the upper path.

Carr arrived at the battle lines finally, and shot down a minute man.
f

I won initiative again, my dad rolling two dice, each coming out as 4. Stinger Drain failed, bringing me to three Stingers (I had had four...). The upper minute men ascended the path, shooting down the last upper Stinger and wounding Carr.

Then, suddenly, Drake was hit by a Carr.

I got a free turn, so my Stingers took out a minute man.

The minute men responded with some firepower of their own.

My dad won initiative for round 5. The upper 4th Massachusetts surrounded Carr, dealing two wounds.

The Stinger attempted to kill a minute man, but failed. The lower 4th Massachusetts moved up the path, and failed to kill the last Stinger.

Carr attempted to retreat the upper minute men, killing one.

He was then shot dead.

My dad won initiative again. He shot down the last Stinger with his lower minute men.

My dad got a free turn, sending the upper minute men toward my start zone. I sent Sonlen onto the path, taking out a minute man.

The lower minute men then put four wounds on Sonlen, who, moving toward the lower hill, whiffing everything (He did get two skulls for attack though...) My dad won initiative for the third time in a row(four times total), and then the 4th Massachusetts finished the game.

Old December 29th, 2008, 10:02 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow. A solid win for your dad! Your dad does seem to like Q10, and you seem to really like Sonlen! Good games, good games!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports