Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

View Poll Results: Which sport is the least entertaining?
golf 66 53.66%
tennis 5 4.07%
football 6 4.88%
soccer 10 8.13%
basketball 10 8.13%
aquatics (swimming/diving) 8 6.50%
figure skating 18 14.63%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 24th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Which sport is the most boring to watch?

Great sports quotes of our times (our times being today):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Prior
I wasn't really expecting to be batting before lunch. I was looking at the lunch menu and thinking I would have the rack of lamb and suddenly I was out in the middle taking my guard.
Old July 25th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

If you are not following the game right now you are missing out. That is all.
Old July 25th, 2011, 12:54 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

This might be suprising, but I actually voted basketball. In basketball, pretty much every play/series/possesion or whatever they're called is the same, dribble down, shoot.

I really don't understand why there are so many votes for soccer, there are at least varieties in the playstyle and a decent sized field unlike basketball or hockey. Of course, I am a long-time (and currently playing) soccer player, so I understand what's happening.
Old July 30th, 2011, 10:40 AM

The Doctor is surprisingly tart

Ping Pong which is the worst Olympic sport ever.

Old July 30th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Is a Quadradical

When I saw this thread pop up again, I was hoping for a discussion of Dravid's ongoing masterclass in test match batting. Is there any other sport where tribalism so easily gives way to appreciation of the opponents' skill as test cricket?
Old July 30th, 2011, 11:40 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I used to think Soccor (futbol) was boring but now I enjoy watching (still not as much as American Football even though there is only 11 minutes of play time as anticipation heightens excitement).

I used to like watching baseball but now I think it is the most boring to watch. Being at an actual game is fun, but that is because I enjoy things like buying snacks from vendors, people watching, doing the wave, and betting on whether the catcher throws the ball on the mound at the end of an inning more than the actual game, so minor league $3 ticket games are just as entertaining as major league $30+ ticket games, but watching a game on TV is more boring to me than watching a live fishing or hunting show unedited (where they catch something every couple hours and sit there the rest of the time).

For most entertaining, I would vote X-games style such as Skateboarding, BMX, Blading, Motocross, Waveboarding, Snowboarding, etc.

Last edited by lefton4ya; July 30th, 2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old January 6th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Soccer, no contest. I always want to play it, but not watch it.
Old January 13th, 2012, 04:39 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I voted for Golf, but you should have included BOWLING!
Old January 17th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Is a Quadradical

Completely unrelated to this topic, but the England/Pakistan test matches started last night. I'm reading the as-it-happened commentary now.
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:44 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I voted for soccer apparently, but I personally don't think that ANY sports are interesting to watch.

Golf: I'd rather watch grass grow.
Tennis: Wii tennis is fun. Watching 'real' tennis? Not so much.
Football: I'd rather watch golf, believe it or not. Or maybe I'm just one of those guys who doesn't enjoy watching big sweaty guys tackle each other into the dirt just so they can grab a BALL and RUN REALLY FAST to drop the ball onto the other end of the field.
Soccer: People still watch this?
Basketball: Watching really tall guys try to drop a ball into a basket.....exciting...
Aquatics: Of those listed, this is actually the most interesting to watch IMO.
Figure skating: Two-person figure skating is fine. Dull, but fine. One-person figure skating is just dull.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old January 17th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
I voted for soccer apparently, but I personally don't think that ANY sports are interesting to watch.

Basketball: Watching really tall guys try to drop a ball into a basket.....exciting...
LOL, unless it is Spud Webb, who won a slam dunk contest despite being only 5 feet 7 inches tall:

I suspect a trampoline in the court...
Old January 17th, 2012, 01:12 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I still vote: FISHING - don't understand it

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media