Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old January 25th, 2008, 12:22 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
It may be a repaint, but am I the only one who thinks the rocks look really cool that way?
No. I think it looks good. I never use my Glaciers but I don't wanna re-paint them. These would be perfect.
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:23 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
Congratulations Guido on your 400th post!!!
I think most people are agreed. They look good for a first draft.
Okay, but I think you deleted the wrong line when you were quoting me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:24 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS Beast
I actually think it looks really cool. I'd definatly pick up a pack. Though I wish there was some sort of figure included.

Maybe toss one of the large figures from the cancelled Aquilla's Allience in there? Maybe the big insect looking thing.
Scorpions for Aquilla!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
B.U.D.
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:27 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Congratulations Guido on your 400th post!!!
I think most people are agreed. They look good for a first draft.
Okay, but I think you deleted the wrong line when you were quoting me.
No, I was congratulating you with your own words... :P
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:27 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
I love the way these look as well. I've got no problem with them being repaints.

For those who don't like the sunken look, I hate to mention that if WotC does go with making them repaints, then the mountains will probably still sit on a repainted water base. Otherwise a separate sculpt would be required for mountains, defeating the purpose of making them repaints in the first place.
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:28 PM

Dryden has disabled reputation
I did not like the idea of glacier repaints when it was first mentioned, but now that I see them I think maybe this could work out OK. Since I can visualize the rocks on a field of sand, I realize that reusing the molds should not cause a huge issue with gameplay or repetitive look, because the desert rocks and Thaelenk glaciers really probably won't wind up on the game board at the same time anyway, at not unless you're building a mammoth board or really asking your playgroup to suspend their disbelief.

I guess what I'm saying is, if duplicate molds is really only an inconvenience to Teamski and Dr. Weirdscaper, I can live with that!

My other thought is I would prefer seeing a concept with gray rocks and not chocolate ones.
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:32 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
Quote:
I'm expecting $10-15. I'll be picking up a few!
I'm thinking it will be around the same as the VW price ($18ish). Same amount of hexes and the cliffs instead of the Obsidian Guards.

I was going to say maybe they could throw in a water hex or two, but that would make no sense. :P
Maybe instead of water they could put in "sand" colored water tiles for quicksand.

Or water and a couple of trees for an oasis?
Good call. I can't imagine changing the color of the dye in the water tiles is that big a deal to be a 'wet sandy' color. Though that would mean that rules would be needed as well and adding a small rule book may be cost prohibitive.

An oasis is a good idea too, probably 3 water hexes would do the job.
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:34 PM

HS Beast has disabled reputation
Quote:
Scorpions for Aquilla!!!
Ooo, that would be awesome. If WotC can make common scorpions happen that would rock.

How Beast won the right to be the first X-Man in Marvel Heroscape.
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:36 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
It just occured to me that this set would lend itself perfect to a repaint of an Obsidinan Guards squad (rock monsters) and give them the Traverse and Boulder Throw special abilities.

EDIT: I meant you repaint your own extra guard figs, not have them in the box.
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:37 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
wotcpbnj already said if they do terrain packs like this they'll go for $20. I'm in the quicksand boat, too! ...as long as the boat isn't in quicksand, that wouldn't be cool.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
It just occured to me that this set would lend itself perfect to a repaint of an Obsidinan Guards squad (rock monsters) and give them the Traverse and Boulder Throw special abilities.
The last thing we need is another s***ty squad of elementals that never see gameplay because their abilities depend on the terrain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
B.U.D.
Old January 25th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
I think my only gripe is that they don't look all that desert-like if you're looking for a more Sahara look. They come across more Mojave in which we'd need cactus too.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News