Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Old September 24th, 2008, 11:18 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Concerts you have attended

I never was a really big concert attender. My list is quite small...

Noiseworks [Oz band]
The Cure
They Might Be Giants
My Friend The Chocolate Cake [Oz band x4]
Old September 24th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Only concerts I have attended are Christian ones, which I enjoy a lot, especially Christian punk, rock, or hard rock (Skillet is one of my favorites).

HOWEVER, I just went to the Chicago Cubs game last Saturday (the day they won the division and playoff berth!). The stadium was rockin' nearly the whole time. I have never had that much fun at a baseball game, and there has not been any concert louder than the stadium that day.

Would have loved to see Blink-182, but alas they are no more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old September 25th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There's nothing, nothing like one's first GWAR concert.
Old September 25th, 2008, 02:15 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

No international bands. Just nationally local ones. But I sure want to go to a Slipknot concert (not Conan O'brien's Slip Nuts). I hope they don't disband 2-3yrs from now so that we can see them when we've migrated.

But honestly I prefer small shows than concerts with thousands in the crowd.

Was anybody (scapers) there when Portishead played in NY? That was an awesome show.

Old September 25th, 2008, 07:28 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
I can only imagine. My college roommate was very into GWAR so I'm somewhat familiar.

-insert signature here-
Old September 25th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

1st concert: Extreme

I've managed some better ones since then. A few particularly memorable ones:

Radiohead. This was back when they wanted to be a proper rock band: Thom Yorke had big floppy hair; Jonny Greenwood thrashed around on the guitar; they weren't too up themselves to play Creep; Pop is Dead was the new-single-to-be. Hard to imagine now. They were the support band to James who were also pretty awesome.

Antiproduct. I've seen these guys a few times. The most memorable was the gig where Alex (the singer) stripped naked and spray painted himself orange. Sticks in the mind that. And for crowd experiences, many people bouncing up and down chanting "Bungee Jumping People Die" is an experience everyone should try. Toshi is an awesome bassist, and filled in for Danny at...

The Wildhearts' Last Gig Ever. They've had quite a few last gigs ever now, but keep getting back together. This one was in Brixton. Ginger (singer) and CJ (guitarist) clearly hated each others guts at the time, but Ginger and Toshi rocked hard. As a bonus, Lemmy was hanging out in the bar.

Gomez. One of my favourite bands and certainly favourite live act. This is one of the few gigs I've been to in the US. Nothing special to note, just all round excellence.

Some other fun/interesting/embarrassing (delete as applicable) bands:

Shed Seven, Drugstore, Belly, Smashing Pumpkins, Blind Melon, Lenny Kravitz, Die Toten Hosen, Terrorvision, Sultans of Ping FC, Crowded House, Ben Keller, Silver Ginger 5, Compulsion, Ash (when the singer was just 17; we chatted to his mum in the bar), Pop Will Eat Itself, Johnny Zhivago, B-Movie Heroes, and a Glastonbury trip that included REM, Hole, Beautiful South, Gomez, Suzie and the Banshees, and a whole bunch more.

In almost related news, this week saw the launch of my first tribute act: "Ollie* and the Sweater Vests". As far as I can tell, the name is a homage to my wife's knitting skills (I have quite a sweater vest collection). Rock covers apparently---I wasn't there and didn't hear about it until afterwards.

*They used my real name here, not Ollie.
Old September 25th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Criminy, I left out some also...

Phil Collins
Suzanna Vega

And the first concert I ever went to (as opposed to the first one I ever bought my own ticket for that I listed previously): The Black Watch (extra credit to whoever can identify them without looking them up at all)

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old September 25th, 2008, 10:16 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post

Phil Collins
Suzanna Vega

And the first concert I ever went to (as opposed to the first one I ever bought my own ticket for that I listed previously): The Black Watch (extra credit to whoever can identify them without looking them up at all)

Jim

Is that the band from the late 80's early 90's that had the violinst?
Old September 25th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
I can only imagine. My college roommate was very into GWAR so I'm somewhat familiar.
I eventually saw them a second time, but the novelty had worn.

But the first time???
Whoah. It was at long gone venue in Oakland.
They had a giant meat grinder on the stage and throughout the show, they'd put 'plants' from the audience into the contraption.
Turn the handle - voila! a pit full of moshers showered in blood.
It was very dangerous in that pit as people were slipping and falling onto the concrete. After the show everyone's drenched in red - fake and most likely some real!
And that was the tame stuff I can type online.

As cheesy as the theatrics and costumes were, it was still impressive and staggering to realize the effort, money, and supplies it must've taken the band to put perform each show! And how did they play in those cumbersome outfits???
Old September 25th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:

Phil Collins
Suzanna Vega

Jim

Nope. Try again?

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old September 25th, 2008, 11:13 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:

Phil Collins
Suzanna Vega

Jim

Nope. Try again?

Jim
They did a cover of Eleanor Rigby (I know that..maybe thats why I thought the had a violinist???)..or maybe I really have no clue who they are.
Old September 25th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Motley Crue x1
Projekt Revolution x2
EdgeFest 08 x1[To many bands to list, no real heading band]
Big Day out 08 x1
Blink 182 x1

Small list so far, but It will be added onto.[The New Ac/DC Tour comes to mind!]

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music