Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 21st, 2018, 06:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Maybe just a simple power that states "if today is a holiday, then ....." So you only ever draft him when playing games on holidays. What constitutes a Holiday can be left up to interpretation by your gaming group.
Good news, Calendar Man is due for a power boost because it's National Grapefruit Month!
HA, my favorite part of the morning commute is the guys on the radio give out the "national _______ day" list. Earlier this week was mint chocolate day...the absurdity is entertaining...there is almost always at least a couple everyday.

By the way today was National Sticky Bun day...
Japes Jr.: Why do you have Calendar Man in your army Dad?
Japes: His holiday bonus is awesome so you better look out.
Japes Jr.: What is today's Holiday then?
Japes: It's 'Talk Like a Pirate' day! I heard it on the radio this morning.
Japes Jr.: Well if you talk like a Pirate for the whole game I guess I'll let you get away with that.
Japes: Aghrrrr Matey, roll the dice and unfurl the sails!
Old February 21st, 2018, 06:43 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Winter Soldier *cough*

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 21st, 2018, 06:43 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Maybe just a simple power that states "if today is a holiday, then ....." So you only ever draft him when playing games on holidays. What constitutes a Holiday can be left up to interpretation by your gaming group.
I was thinking of something like this:
Quote:
GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS!
At the start of the game, pick a number between 1 and 20. Whenever that number is rolled on the twenty-sided die, Calendar Man gets to do whatever it is that Calendar Man does in the comics.
I really like this.

I also think fudging things a little bit so that Calendar Man has some slightly different things going on every round would make sense.

Should it probably be abstracted a little bit so that you're not insinuating that you waited a month between rounds? Absolutely. But I think the round count is a logical thing to hone in on; it's a pretty organic way of giving Calendar Man a focus on progression and numbers and (ideally) a cycle.

I think something like this would work:
Quote:
DUDE JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH CALENDARS
At the end of each round, place a black Count Marker on this card, to a maximum of X Count Markers. If there are already X Count Markers on this card, remove all Count Markers from this card.

A SECOND SPECIAL POWER
One that has varying effects based on the number of Count Markers. I don't know, I haven't gotten this far yet.
Old February 21st, 2018, 08:23 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I was thinking of something like this:
Quote:
GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS!
At the start of the game, pick a number between 1 and 20. Whenever that number is rolled on the twenty-sided die, Calendar Man gets to do whatever it is that Calendar Man does in the comics.
Yea, this is noble!
Old February 21st, 2018, 10:59 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Wikipedia mentions he's a dark, disturbed serial killer who commits crimes based on the day he's doing it... maybe a bit bland, but it could be combined with something else, what if you could choose a characteristic (Species, Class, Personality etc.) at the start of the game and have him gain a bonus against figures with that characteristic? 'Oh, it's Mutant Appreciation Day, is it? Time to go and kill some Muties!'
Wow! Calender Man may be a serial killer, but he's not a racist! How dare you try to tarnish the man's character like that. Not to mention using THAT word. Shame on you!

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old February 22nd, 2018, 05:35 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Wikipedia mentions he's a dark, disturbed serial killer who commits crimes based on the day he's doing it... maybe a bit bland, but it could be combined with something else, what if you could choose a characteristic (Species, Class, Personality etc.) at the start of the game and have him gain a bonus against figures with that characteristic? 'Oh, it's Mutant Appreciation Day, is it? Time to go and kill some Muties!'
Wow! Calender Man may be a serial killer, but he's not a racist! How dare you try to tarnish the man's character like that. Not to mention using THAT word. Shame on you!
Okay, then - he'd say Mutants. He'd probably still kill them, though, if that was the day.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 22nd, 2018, 10:20 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't think the Serial Killer thing is really the "iconic" version of Calendar Man. I also don't believe he picked his victims by holiday...it was more the way he did it and the "theatrics" of the staging was based on the holiday.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 22nd, 2018, 11:59 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Honestly, Calendar Man picks a day and a gimmick and plans around that. In theory, I think you'd want to give him a Glyph pool, let him choose one at the start, and give each some sort of global power. Like, it's Valentine's Day, so you get a love themed boost. Halloween does something scary.

Cycling through days or months in a single game doesn't really work for me.
Old February 22nd, 2018, 12:08 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Honestly, Calendar Man picks a day and a gimmick and plans around that. In theory, I think you'd want to give him a Glyph pool, let him choose one at the start, and give each some sort of global power. Like, it's Valentine's Day, so you get a love themed boost. Halloween does something scary.

Cycling through days or months in a single game doesn't really work for me.
Yeah, that works for me. It sounds like fun.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 22nd, 2018, 12:26 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Glyph pool idea sounds cool to me. Leaves the door open for as many holidays you want to tackle.
Old February 22nd, 2018, 01:32 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

So what are these glyphs exactly? Can other people use them? I'd have to see a write-up, but my first instinct is that it sounds like kind of a cheat to give him a really long card.
Old February 22nd, 2018, 01:36 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I guess as much as Utility Glyphs is a cheat.

The problem is the same as the Bat Glyphs, they need to be extremely balanced or one or two will always be favored, unless of course you give them a cost, like a spell.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy