Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 21st, 2022, 10:53 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
After falling pretty hard for Black Plague, I backed Zombicide Undead or Alive. U.S. shipments are supposed to begin happening soon. Looking forward to playing on Thanksgiving and Winter breaks.
You'll have to let us know how good it is. Since I have all of black plague, green horde, modern season 1.0 and 2.0 and zombicide invader, along with all the massive darkness stuff. I've decided to pass on the rest of them.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 21st, 2022, 11:03 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
After falling pretty hard for Black Plague, I backed Zombicide Undead or Alive. U.S. shipments are supposed to begin happening soon. Looking forward to playing on Thanksgiving and Winter breaks.
You'll have to let us know how good it is. Since I have all of black plague, green horde, modern season 1.0 and 2.0 and zombicide invader, along with all the massive darkness stuff. I've decided to pass on the rest of them.
Will do. I'm a huge zombie board game fan and never really gelled to Zombicide, but I gave Black Plague a try and instantly fell in love with it. Didn't think the medieval setting would grab me, but I loved it and also purchased Wulfsburg, Deadeye Walkers and couple of artist sets. Really wish I could secure a Neal Adams set. I also pledged for Zombicide Night of the Living Dead, but it has been a huge letdown for gameplay. Too easy.

Also, Daniel Davis of The Dungeon Dive turned me onto The Walking Dead Here's Negan! board game. I don't follow The Walking Dead series or comics, but that doesn't stop me enjoying the game. The Negan AI mechanic is a ton of fun (he's a jerk!) the minis and components are really nice. Wish there was a bit more zombie variety, but otherwise, it's a fun solo zombie game.
Old October 22nd, 2022, 06:05 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Will do. I'm a huge zombie board game fan and never really gelled to Zombicide, but I gave Black Plague a try and instantly fell in love with it. Didn't think the medieval setting would grab me, but I loved it and also purchased Wulfsburg, Deadeye Walkers and couple of artist sets. Really wish I could secure a Neal Adams set. I also pledged for Zombicide Night of the Living Dead, but it has been a huge letdown for gameplay. Too easy.

Also, Daniel Davis of The Dungeon Dive turned me onto The Walking Dead Here's Negan! board game. I don't follow The Walking Dead series or comics, but that doesn't stop me enjoying the game. The Negan AI mechanic is a ton of fun (he's a jerk!) the minis and components are really nice. Wish there was a bit more zombie variety, but otherwise, it's a fun solo zombie game.
Very cool. I love running negan. I have almost all the models for the entire collection of walking dead all out war and call to arms. I love running negan and his saviors. Call to arms is a fantastic small model count skirmish game. I use my mountain of modern zombicide models as extra zombies on my wargame board.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 26th, 2022, 02:10 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Just yesterday, I bought into two pledges in one day! A first for me. I got Redwood, a game about wildlife photography that uses a movement system reminiscent of Star Wars X-Wing. I also got Pampero, a heavy economic game about building renewable energy infrastructure in Uruguay.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 23rd, 2022, 11:36 AM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!

For those of you old enough to remember, back in 2016 there was a Kickstarter for a card game RPG called Legends Untold, by Inspiring Games. It is a co-op game for 1-4 players that does not need to have a Dungeon Master. In the original KS, there were two Novice sets, each with 4 Heroes and each a completely standalone game. One game was set in the Weeping Caves, while the other was set in the Great Sewers. In addition to having individual Scenarios, each game had an 8 episode campaign. The Heroes all level up at the end of a successful adventure. However, since they start out as simple peasants at Level 0, none of them will have turned into Conan by the end.

Now while the two sets were standalone, the design is such that they can be combined in most any way the players might choose, and were designed to be very scale-able to various player counts. Thus it would be possible to play with a party of 8 Heroes.

Inspiring Games is currently (Nov 2022) running a KS for a new Novice core set called the Illumination of Deepsorrow. This core set has 4 additional all-new Heroes (at Level 0), but has adventure cards almost equal to the two original sets combined. In addition to new content, all of the content from the original KS is being reprinted and is available through this new KS. One more additional plus, Deepsorrow can be used as an expansion to both the Caves and Sewers Sets. Deepsorrow has its own unique campaign as well.

This link takes you to the KS page - the KS is already fully funded by the way - or you can check out Board Game Geek for Legends Untold for additional information.

I mostly am a solo gamer these days, and I find this game very good to solo. It easily allows for the solo player to run multiple unique Heroes. I will admit that it is not everyone's cup of tea, but it has been unavailable for a couple of years.

Happy Gaming!
Old February 28th, 2023, 09:58 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

KICKSTARTER: Spring and Autumn: Story of China (Mr. B Games; due March), Dune: War For Arrakis (CMON; expected September).

GAMEFOUND: The Great Wall Update Kit (Awaken Realms; expected delivery notice any day), Bretwalda (Phalanx; due June).

I'm cutting down my backing as many of us are these days. The Great Wall kit is arriving with the Reprint run.
Old February 28th, 2023, 10:05 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Sleeping Gods: Distant Skies and 7th Citadel.

Old February 28th, 2023, 04:28 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I'm in for 7th Citadel too. 7th Continent was super cool so I figured I'd grab the sequel. Of course I still haven't beaten a single scenario of 7th Continent yet so it was probably foolish, but that's life.
Old March 8th, 2023, 05:44 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I'm considering backing and am on the watch list for The Last Kingdom, whose offering will be available very soon. Its based on the 5 Season 46 Episode TV series, which is in turn based on the Saxon Stories series of books by Bernard Cornwell (Sharpe). A pal and I just watched the first two episodes after I got the series on Amazon, and enjoyed them. I'd seen some episodes on cable years ago.

"The Last Kingdom" is Wessex in England, which is fighting off the Viking invasions in early Medieval times, after they have conquered the other three major Saxon kingdoms. This topic is also covered in 878 Vikings: Invasions of England and Bretwalda. I've read the rules on the publisher's site, and am participating on discussions on BGG.

It is very different from the others. The designer notes two games as influences. There are Blood Rage for card drafting and The King Is Dead for the player being able to switch factions during the game (in this case Saxon or Viking).
Old March 8th, 2023, 11:40 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I'm considering backing and am on the watch list for The Last Kingdom, whose offering will be available very soon. Its based on the 5 Season 46 Episode TV series, which is in turn based on the Saxon Stories series of books by Bernard Cornwell (Sharpe). A pal and I just watched the first two episodes after I got the series on Amazon, and enjoyed them. I'd seen some episodes on cable years ago.

"The Last Kingdom" is Wessex in England, which is fighting off the Viking invasions in early Medieval times, after they have conquered the other three major Saxon kingdoms. This topic is also covered in 878 Vikings: Invasions of England and Bretwalda. I've read the rules on the publisher's site, and am participating on discussions on BGG.

It is very different from the others. The designer notes two games as influences. There are Blood Rage for card drafting and The King Is Dead for the player being able to switch factions during the game (in this case Saxon or Viking).
The Last Kingdom looks cool!

The game I'm on the fence about is Ascension Tactics: Inferno. I know I'm going to buy the game (I have the first one and it's great), it's just a question of whether I wait for retail or go all-in and get all the sweet minis. I skipped the KS for the first one so I don't have the minis, but they look really great.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 17th, 2023, 07:09 AM

I'm now backing Song For War: Mediterranean Theatre. At first glance it looks like Axis and Allies, but is much more sophisticated, yet simple to play in a reasonable time. The offering page and the rules book are particularly clear and well written. All of the video and written reviews by people who have played it live or online are very laudatory too.

It has unique and innovative rules for land, sea, and air, as well as a very easy economics system for reinforcements including control of sea lanes and hidden fleets, and even a system for keeping track of victory points effortlessly. Each of the four major nations--Britain, USA, Italy, and Germany--has unique units and development cards.

Its got a beautiful map board. If you are into light wargames, its definitely something worth checking out, and its only got a week or so to go in its campaign.
Old March 28th, 2023, 12:03 PM

The Last Kingdom just went live, and only costs $55 (plus shipping), for which you get a free pack of card sleeves. There are no Stretch Goals or Add Ons; its a very straightforward offering. I backed it right away. The game looks very good and is also very thematic to the TV show, and is designed by John D. Clair.

I'm now watching the final 5th Season of the TV Series on my new Blue Ray set. The sequel movie is coming out this month.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games