Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 20th, 2022, 09:56 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Faction Flag Series Honors

First Place: Sherman Davies SD won all four of his games! The last was not even with his own army, he switched for variety to TW's Ullar Army, and continued to gain a victory. Congratulations, Sherm.
Thanks, I was mostly able to win that last game due to the sportsmanship of @kolakoski , who noticed that - due to us playing a three-player game on a map intended for four players - my start zone was incredibly vulnerable to his army in the first round. He thus proposed a non-aggression pact for the first round, which we extended on a round by round basis until all three players were engaged in the action. I was able to use the truce to develop my positioning outside my start zone, which I otherwise wouldn't have been able to do.

Some pics from the games, courtesy of @Benjy

Gothlok, Laglor and Ornak lead their respective armies to battle:

Clayton Pierce's posse and their Axegrinder friends advance on Quahon and her minions:

A target-rich environment for Quahon:

Old November 23rd, 2022, 06:24 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

An Open Invitation

Thanks for posting the photos, Sherman Davies. Sherm is actually coming over today to playtest some new Marvel customs he's been working on. I've got two tournament size maps up on the table as he requested. It should be a fun afternoon!

Its been a while since we had some one on one Heroscape action here. Anyone can set up a session if they like in November or December; I'm usually around more than most people at holiday time!

My old Canadian pal is coming over this year for the first time since Covid began, to revive his annual holiday visits--the border is finally open again. So I'll be doing a lot of gaming between Christmas and New Year's.

This upcoming Christmas Eve will be my 71st birthday.

Last edited by chas; November 24th, 2022 at 09:49 AM.
Old November 24th, 2022, 09:51 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Sherman was over yesterday to play three Scape games, and then we went out for a turkey dinner at the local restaurant. Today I'll be watching the NYC parade with my sister, who is up in MA, on the phone. Enjoy your holiday, however you celebrate it!
Old November 25th, 2022, 09:29 AM

Age of Annihilation Heroscapers Site Update

I just wanted to mention here, for those that may not be following Age of Annihilation posts, that the AOA part of the site has now been reorganized and is growing exponentially. There is a new site section for Age of Annihilation. It includes Books of Index just being written for individual characters. There is also a thread for finding good proxy minis, some of which are being purpose made for selling, some of which preexisted before AOA came along.

Most importantly, Anitar has done classic style cards for all the revealed AOA characters, which include photos of the minis. She's even moved on to provide one for all of the regular ones not revealed in the the offering now. By "regular" I mean so far not including the 7 Kyries and the 5 SOTM Heroes in the 2.0 or 3.0 versions (the offering Stretch Goals).

There are also several discussion threads about what is permissible to post here on the site so as not to make Hasbro unhappy. So we're now leaving Stage One of reacting to the campaign, and its failure to fund, to Stage Two where we figures out what we've got to work with to get them to the table unofficially!

Point being, it will be pretty easy to print out these cards and play with the characters, even if you just provide your own proxy figures. For example, since I have all the Star Wars minis, I'm thinking of using my Wookies for the Bears! Etc. This makes me happy, as I do plan to do this fairly soon here on our table. I'm just waiting for some shake down time to see if any big changes are made to them all.
Old November 28th, 2022, 09:14 AM

Dec. 7 Taeblewalker SuperScape Preview

Four or five of us will be available for Taeblewalker's Superscape Extravaganza games on Dec. 7. Our increased membership from 4 to 7 means we probably won't often have all of us there on any one play date, but that we'll have enough players to game the custom scenarios presented by our Game Masters every month. Also, there will be more local players to join me here at The Game Palace for other Scape and other board game sessions on other dates we can arrange also. Seems like a win-win!

On Dec. 7 we'll be playing on one of TW's original maps. Several C3G Marvelscape hero and villain teams will be available, as Spiderman & His Amazing Friends (the old TV show), The Fantastic Four, and the X-Men face their typical archvillains and their partners/henchpeople on this medium sized common map. Some of the teams will include thematic Classic/Custom Scape characters as well. Each of us 4 core members has their own tendencies in designing our scenarios, and shows them off in our regular GM Rotation.

This will be the first time for one or two of our new members playing Superscape, and should be fun for them and us all.

NYCG4 Comic Hero Adventures

There has always been a very large number of Supers customs available. While our games usually feature either C3G or Sherman Davies supers customs, we have in the past used a very wide variety of custom designers, from Grey Owl to Griznakh, from Drewmanchu to Doc Savage. When we make up our own teams, I love to choose an unusual unknown card or two from my very large collection culled from the site years ago in The Great Supers Card Hunt I made back when I retired, to surprise my buddies!

Thematically, we've used new movie releases from the Marvel or DCU Cinematic Universes to game. We've also played period games from the Golden or Silver Age of comics, or from a particular run of a particular book. Since we're all comic fans--SD used to work in one of NYC's leading comic shops--its always fun to do.
Old December 1st, 2022, 10:59 AM

Age of Annihilation Proxy Play

Here are a couple of posts I sent to Tablewalker and to the guys about using Anitar's new AOA cards in the future:

Guys,

Everyone except Taeblewalker and I have now cancelled out for his Superhero game on Dec. 7. So I'm giving him the option of various things for that date.

One of our options would be to play the new Age of Annihilation characters, since Anitar on the site has now provided cards for all the revealed characters, and even her own drafts for most of the unrevealed ones. This is something I'd be interested in doing eventually anyhow, perhaps for my next game.

So here are my thoughts on doing that so far, for everyone to think about. Whether TW and I actually try it out next week will depend on Taeblewalker, and on what Anitar has to say in response to my post to her today about whether the revealed cards are basically ready to go!

TW,

And here's another thing we could do with just us next week on Dec. 7:

4. Anitar has posted up out those lovely Classic style cards for all of the AOA revealed cards, and even now her own drafts for the much fewer unrevealed ones. This would give us every character to play in the offering except for the 7 AOA Kyries and the 5 SOTM heroes 2.0 and 3.0. The revealed cards are ready to proxy; the few unrevealed ones are in draft form, but quite usable. (Edit): She has now also done cards for the new AOA Glyphs. The three of the Xenethrax Vines are particularly necessary, even though we don't usually play with glyphs here, because they can be laid down by a power of that new dragon character!

We could even try:

1) that first AOA scenario they published (its probably still on the DO NOT POST Thread) where we partially take turns adding a few board small features just before the game starts,

2) the rules for the "illusory walls" (they block LOS but don't impede movement) using our old castle walls, and

3) the new Vine Glyph(s) one Dryan character puts down as part of his powers. I'm not sure if all of the new AOA glyphs (some of which are repeats of old ones) are up, but I know the vine one is.

So I've just asked Anitar if she is planning to make any further changes on the cards soon, or even do the Kyries/SOTMs also. After we get an answer, I could go ahead and print them out, and we could proxy them on the table next week. Since there are five new AOA factions, we could each take one for two or three games and try them out, simply by trying out one faction each per game!

I'd be happy to do that, although I'll have to spend a lot of printing ink and find a lot of proxies! (I wanted to do it anyway). What do you think?

Chas

Last edited by chas; December 2nd, 2022 at 08:07 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion