Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old February 5th, 2008, 05:11 PM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart
Wolverine and the X-Men

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/4251.asp

New X-Men cartoon! The animation looks very similar to X-Men Evolution. It looks pretty good, but I'm sick of Cyclops being portrayed as such a loser.

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733
Old February 5th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Wow! I heard about this a while ago, and was somewhat hesitant about it - seemed like the worse of the two Marvel Cartoons coming out (this and Spider-Man), what with Wolverine being the leader as a gimmick of sorts, but this... wow, this changes my opinion completely!

I agree, it does LOOK like Evolution, but I like the plot. Prof. X is killed, so it seems, along with a few other X-Men, and after a brief period of disbanding, Wolvering, along with Beast and some others, try to bring it back.

The animation quality is simply superb, and the action seems marvelous (lulz). I'm surprised they're getting away with this kind of content. It seemed to be a Saturday Morning Cartoon at the start, but this... man, I hope Toonami can snatch this baby up! Rogue seems to be going down a new path (well, not NEW... but as a villain for a whole arc, instead of a few episodes), and that scene where they pick up the blond kid was really, really awesome. Wolverine kicking down the door and telling his parents to "deal with it" was badass, and Wolverine and Beast being the only two X-Men was hilarious.

The Brotherhood seems lethal. In Evolution, they were freaks, geeks, and general losers. Now they're, like, hardcore terrorists. It's a good change of pace - I think they'll put up a real fight now. And I see why the made Cyclops the loser. I mean, there's not much to him other than A) being a boyscout or B) being depressed. It's kinda hard to characterize him any other way.

Well, that went longer than I expected. Well, in short... I can't wait for this. I mean, I'm looking forward to it more than The Spectacular Spider-Man, and I am REALLY looking forward to that!
Old February 5th, 2008, 05:57 PM

Miniature Geek is surprisingly tart
I love the voices, I believe the main bad guy is being voiced by Michael Ironside, and I think that the voice of Toonami's robot host is the voice of Wolverine. This looks like it will be really good, just wondering who the target audience is.

Your music's bad and you should feel bad.

My Customs

Better Posting and You Revisited.
Old February 5th, 2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
And I see why the made Cyclops the loser. I mean, there's not much to him other than A) being a boyscout or B) being depressed. It's kinda hard to characterize him any other way.
You obviously haven't read Cyclops in the 90s, or the Brian K. Vaughn mini-series, or Astonishing X-men, or Messiah Complex...

Old February 5th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartheyegouger
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
And I see why the made Cyclops the loser. I mean, there's not much to him other than A) being a boyscout or B) being depressed. It's kinda hard to characterize him any other way.
You obviously haven't read Cyclops in the 90s, or the Brian K. Vaughn mini-series, or Astonishing X-men, or Messiah Complex...
Nope.
Old February 5th, 2008, 08:34 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
WOLVERINE and the X-Men?? It's like saying SUPERMAN and the Justice League or CAPTAIN AMERICA and the Avengers. Ya think the title has anything to do with the Wolverine movie that's in development?

Old February 5th, 2008, 09:53 PM

Actually, it''s more like saying Hawkeye and the Avengers. They just took a popular character that never led the team to...lead the team.

Old February 5th, 2008, 10:35 PM

Scape_Scrub11 has disabled reputation
What channel will it be on and when is it coming out?
Old February 5th, 2008, 10:42 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry
WOLVERINE and the X-Men?? It's like saying SUPERMAN and the Justice League or CAPTAIN AMERICA and the Avengers. Ya think the title has anything to do with the Wolverine movie that's in development?

or Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5...or Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons..
Old February 5th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scape_Scrub11
We don't know, and we don't know.
Old February 5th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scape_Scrub11
Read the line of text directly under the video.

It looks awesome. Can't wait to start watching a cartoon again.
Old February 6th, 2008, 12:40 AM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartheyegouger
Actually, it''s more like saying Hawkeye and the Avengers. They just took a popular character that never led the team to...lead the team.
I can't remember if he ever led the Avengers, but Hawkeye did lead the West Coast Avengers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV