Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 15th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: If Deathchasers can win a tournament, why can't Macdirks

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Sir Gilbert - 105
Raelin - 185 (I'm interested to see if just more Macdirks is better)
Eldgrim - 215
Macdirk Warriors x3 - 455 (add another squad at 535)

vs.

Ogre Pulverizer - 100
Nerak - 150
Raelin - 230
Death Chasers x34 - 450
Fixed.

Since you're not hiding your bonding hero with the DCs, they'll usually get at least as many attacks per turn as the MacDirks, if not more-Double Attack from the Pulverizer or Flail Hurricane from the Warhulk can bump them to 5+ (depending on the love your d20's giving you).

Since the DC's bond with someone who boosts their defense from more than 1 space away you don't have to spend as many attack-free OMs moving Raelin.

The DCs don't have to wait for their attack to be 4-they come with that out of the gate-and they don't lose it if someone dies.

I think that the DCs' bonding heroes generally play better with them than the MacDirks' do. The Ogres are more comfortable being in the thick of things than Sir Gilbert and your recommended use of Eldgrim, and Nerak's aura is significantly better than any of the human champions, imo.

Lastly, Battle Rush is HUGE-especially on what is the current standard tourney map size and style. You get to bring out everyone, and you know what you're getting, whereas with Sir G you only get to move one squad and you're reliant on the dice (works for my brother, not me-I've never rolled more than 3 symbols, he pretty consistantly gets 4-5 )

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles