Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 22nd, 2006, 11:45 PM
Master Custom Creator

Karkadinn has disabled reputation
Actually I think the slight Unleashed Fury modification is fine without changing the name of the special.
We have an official example of minor variations in the same ability through different units already: Compare the wording of the Izumi Samurai's Counterstrike with the wording of Charos's Counterstrike, or Taelord's Flying with Raelin's Flying.
Also, we already have an excellent custom in the Halls of Valhalla that has a form of bonding with Khosumet. No need to shoehorn the ability onto every single custom wolf hero made.

Professional fiction
Fanfiction
To Ne-Gok-Sa
Like dating women
Statistics doom your players
Till they get lucky
Old September 22nd, 2006, 11:46 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1
First off: while a appreciate the figure suggestions, I already have a figure for the card I'm just in the process of modding it (Which is taking awhile since I have to divide my time between that, this discussion, school, online AP Calc and my custom entry for botcon ) The figure I am using came from a dollar general so I can't find a pic right now, sorry . Those 2 figures are cool (the second one is a little to freaky for me though) they would make good proxies if anyone wants to play this card when it is finished.
Apologies for stepping on your toes with the figure suggestions I have a bad habit of misreading threads longer than 2 posts, and somehow got it in my head that you were looking for figure suggestions. Anyway, I'll let you do the hard work of fleshing out this custom and then I'll add the "Lone Wolf"'s picture to the card Looking forward to seeing where this card goes...

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old September 23rd, 2006, 12:36 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkadinn
Actually I think the slight Unleashed Fury modification is fine without changing the name of the special.
We have an official example of minor variations in the same ability through different units already: Compare the wording of the Izumi Samurai's Counterstrike with the wording of Charos's Counterstrike, or Taelord's Flying with Raelin's Flying.
Well based on these examples I think I will call the ability unleashed fury, that way he benefits from Khousy without odd wording like:

"Kumo benefits from all abilities referencing to unleashed fury"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkadinn
Also, we already have an excellent custom in the Halls of Valhalla that has a form of bonding with Khosumet. No need to shoehorn the ability onto every single custom wolf hero made.
Well then I guess I don't need darklord bonding then, I think I will keep the bonding to the squad though, the question is full bonding or movement bonding

So does anyone else think I should adjust (or get rid of) Wolf's Howl?

Currently Kumo stands at:

Unleashed Fury (slightly modified)
Wolf's Howl (same as before)
Call the Pack (either full or movement bonding with Wolves, I'm going to keep the name as Call the Pack though it sounds cooler then "Anubian Wolves Movement Bonding" or some such)

Also, can anyone see any other problems, point value and such?

And Toddrew, thanks for the figure suggestions I didn't want you to think I was offended or anything. You made my job easier since I was planning on finding alternate figures for other people to use.

Once again thanks to all who post.
Old September 23rd, 2006, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Call the Pack (either full or movement bonding with Wolves, I'm going to keep the name as Call the Pack though it sounds cooler then "Anubian Wolves Movement Bonding" or some such)

Also, can anyone see any other problems, point value and such?
I think if he has the full bonding with the anubian wolves that his cost will need to go up, but playtesting needed to see how much. Having only 3 lives makes him fragile, so I wouldn't think to much (110?, 120?) Also something to consider is that up until now only squads have the true bonding with heroes, not vice versa. I think this is to avoid instances where a squad bonds with a hero who bonds with a squad, etc., etc. I've no problem allowing a hero to bond with a squad, especially if a specific squad to cut off the above chain before it links. And I am down with "Call the Pack" as I like the catchphrase labeling of abilities, even if it makes the card sound less official.

I like the card as is then, maybe some refining of the text that I'm not aware of being necessary, but unleashed fury, howl, and call the pack (bonding with anubian wolves) would be a solid figure who would add value to Khosumet and grow the wolf army.

EDIT: just to be sure, at no time did I think you offended, just practicing some polite humor

And you can see her

Old September 23rd, 2006, 01:24 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
OK I updated the card

Differences are:

Call the Pack is Anubian Wolves bounding now

Points went up 110 (this may change if I get a chance to play test him, unfortunately that probably wont be anytime soon. Maybe /i can outsource the play testing to someone)

The size is up to 5, the 4 was a leftover.

EDIT: Also added 1 to his life
Old September 23rd, 2006, 01:48 AM

If you do get a chance to playtest him, I think you should consider raising his life or defense or lowering his points (I know a post or 2 earlier I was suggesting to raise them- but that was comparing the wolf to itself at 100 points - I think he's going to go down hard and fast at 3 life and 4 defense.

And you can see her

Old October 12th, 2006, 05:44 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

wow it has been awhile since I posted. Anyway new card!

Well, finding time to the figure has been a problem. Hopefully I will be finished by next week.

Til then I have another card I'm working on... also with no figure. (everyone else can use the blade wolf guy Toddrew found)

It is another Wolf hero, at some point I will probably make a Wolf squad to balance out.
Old November 14th, 2007, 02:26 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Yay! Thread Necromanced I have finally updated my customs thread.

For starters, I added pictures and hit-zones to my first to cards using the dreamblade figures, since I figure no one really cares about a custom figure they can't use. I would still like some feedback on my second card if anyone is willing.

Now on to the new,

This is a custom I made for my little brother, based on his character from a game called 'Oblivion'. The character in the game owns a sword that has different elemental powers (and names) based on the time of day. The dawn fang does fire damage, which is represented in the game by dealing some damage even if the attack is blocked. The dusk fang does ice damage, which does what one would think ice would do. I tried to create special attacks that would reflect the abilities of the sword. The character also has a powerful bow, which I represented simply by giving the custom range.
I think the points are about right for the custom. We have play-tested it a little. During the games Erthon was used he did a little over his point cost; however, part of this is due to my brother's current luck streak (in one game he managed to destroy over 400 points of figures with Morsbane!)

The current figure is a custom, but I will try to find a suitable figure for others to use. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to see them.

As always, I would appreciate any feedback anyone is willing to give.
Old November 21st, 2007, 02:05 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Okay, it has been over a week now and no replies
Is the custom really that bad that no one wants to comment on it?
Normally I wouldn't be so pushy, but I did make this custom for my brother so I want to get it as good as possible.
So, for the love of all that is fruit flavored, somebody please reply!
You'll get cake at the end, I promise!*

*the cake is a lie!the cake is a lie!
Old November 21st, 2007, 10:58 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Okay, it has been over a week now and no replies
Is the custom really that bad that no one wants to comment on it?
Normally I wouldn't be so pushy, but I did make this custom for my brother so I want to get it as good as possible.
So, for the love of all that is fruit flavored, somebody please reply!
You'll get cake at the end, I promise!*

*the cake is a lie!the cake is a lie!
I just found this now. I like the Erthon custom! It does not seem broken, and the Disciplined personality is a nice touch. Having Disciplined units that follow Utgar is not unprecedented (Thercaus, Shaolin Monks). Making him not a Wizard shows willpower, as the temptation to give Ulginesh more Mind Link buddies is probably quite strong. The powers are not at all out of line.

Old November 22nd, 2007, 12:25 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker
I just found this now. I like the Erthon custom! It does not seem broken, and the Disciplined personality is a nice touch. Having Disciplined units that follow Utgar is not unprecedented (Thercaus, Shaolin Monks). Making him not a Wizard shows willpower, as the temptation to give Ulginesh more Mind Link buddies is probably quite strong. The powers are not at all out of line.
Thanks for replying! Finding the right class and personality for this custom was a little tricky, since the character this is based on really didn't have either, but I think the current ones work well. I'm just glad I managed to convince my brother not to go with his original plan, which had Erthon following Einar and classed as a warlord. This may have given him a lot more synergy, but it felt really forced to me. Erthon works pretty well with the Romans or Sacred Band anyway, they can block units from engaging him and he can provide decent range cover.
Thanks again for giving feedback!
Old March 15th, 2009, 01:08 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Re: Soundwarp SG-1's Customs 11/14/07 updated! Erthon page 2

Hello all! I'm finally updating this thread again. Most of these have not been play tested yet so the point costs are guesses, so I'd really like to hear any feedback anyone is willing to offer.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards