Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old September 8th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

"Water tiles" have a HEIGHT of 0, but they can be placed on any level on the battlefield.
Old September 8th, 2011, 10:38 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Griffin is correct. Almost all of the official maps place water tiles on the first level, with nothing underneath them but table.
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Amis, it's the Fortress walls that technically need to be on top of level 1 or higher tiles. Pretty sure a ladder can't go to level 0 either.

~Aldin, limboing

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Amis, it's the Fortress walls that technically need to be on top of level 1 or higher tiles.
I don't think that's a rule either. There's at least one BoV map that doesn't follow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Amis, it's the Fortress walls that technically need to be on top of level 1 or higher tiles.
I don't think that's a rule either. There's at least one BoV map that doesn't follow it.
It is an official rule in the rule book, but BoV is not official and used a bit of innovation to do something different on I think Broken Skyline. With that said, I think they were just ignorant at the time to the actual rule. But it works, and it is also one of my favorite BoV maps.
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:47 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Amis, it's the Fortress walls that technically need to be on top of level 1 or higher tiles. Pretty sure a ladder can't go to level 0 either.

~Aldin, limboing

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 8th, 2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: It's not just my stategy that's wrong :)
Old September 8th, 2011, 03:28 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

So if I understand this right, a lava, water, swamp, etc. tile ON THE TABLE is at level ZERO!! Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

And a ladder peice CANNOT be on a water, etc. tile.

So back to my original question or statment shall you call it that:

Quote:
Semi-official rulings - it has been officially decided that if a Wyvern lands purposefully on a lava space, any figure it uses Talon Grab to transport may also be put into an adjacent lava space, and in VERY LIKELY chance will die instantly (along with the Wyvern).
So if a molten lava tile on the table is level zero and a level 1 hex is next to it. Wyvern may NOT drop the figure in the lava, forcing it to roll for Molten lava damage. Also, what if I Wyvern landed on a water space next to a lava space could I drop the carried figure on the lava hex and make it roll for molten lava damage (Not that I have seen an ice, swamp, water, lava area, all being in one cluster. All combininging with no level 1 spaces in between). Not that I doubt Heroscape Wikipedia or anything, but is it really the semi-official ruling really an official ruling or is the sight making things up? Again no attack meant to the people who designed the sight. I looked at the Official Heroscape Rules PDF, and only found this:

Quote:
Wyvern
“Champions of Forgotten Realms”
If the Wyvern Talon Grabs a figure it is adjacent to at the
start of his move, will it take any leaving engagement attacks?
Yes.
Can a Wyvern Talon Grab and move a figure that is on a
space where it would land?
No. The Wyvern needs to land first, then the grabbed figure is
moved.
I wondered if it was made one just it hasn't made it to the OFFICIAL RULES BOOK, yet.
Old September 8th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
So if I understand this right, a lava, water, swamp, etc. tile ON THE TABLE is at level ZERO!! Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

And a ladder peice CANNOT be on a water, etc. tile.

So back to my original question or statment shall you call it that:

Quote:
Semi-official rulings - it has been officially decided that if a Wyvern lands purposefully on a lava space, any figure it uses Talon Grab to transport may also be put into an adjacent lava space, and in VERY LIKELY chance will die instantly (along with the Wyvern).
So if a molten lava tile on the table is level zero and a level 1 hex is next to it. Wyvern may NOT drop the figure in the lava, forcing it to roll for Molten lava damage. Also, what if I Wyvern landed on a water space next to a lava space could I drop the carried figure on the lava hex and make it roll for molten lava damage (Not that I have seen an ice, swamp, water, lava area, all being in one cluster. All combininging with no level 1 spaces in between). Not that I doubt Heroscape Wikipedia or anything, but is it really the semi-official ruling really an official ruling or is the sight making things up? Again no attack meant to the people who designed the sight. I looked at the Official Heroscape Rules PDF, and only found this:

Quote:
Wyvern

“Champions of Forgotten Realms”
If the Wyvern Talon Grabs a figure it is adjacent to at the
start of his move, will it take any leaving engagement attacks?
Yes.
Can a Wyvern Talon Grab and move a figure that is on a
space where it would land?
No. The Wyvern needs to land first, then the grabbed figure is

moved.
I wondered if it was made one just it hasn't made it to the OFFICIAL RULES BOOK, yet.
If a wyvern lands on a molten lava space, he would place the figure grabbed adjacent and then they would both roll for molten lava. This is official from the rules team.

If you can land on water next to molten lava, then yes you can drop the grabbed figure in the molten lava.

A 0 height tile on the table, would be a level lower(0 zero level if you like), than a regular terrain tile next to it.

Your quote is from the OFFICIAL FAQs and will never be in the rule book, since it will never be reprinted.

And no a ladder may not sit on a 0 height tile(water, ice, lava, etc.). This is in the Castle rule book.

The last designers for Scape were theGuru, Grungebob, and Truth. Truth started the site and no the people on this site are not just making things up.

Hope this helps and answers all of your questions.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old September 8th, 2011, 04:16 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Got it thanks answered ALL of them!
Old September 10th, 2011, 02:59 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I tried searching, but didn't get the results I was looking for. Are there any blank fan-made card templates (ie: C3G, Project Pokemon, etc)?

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old September 10th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Project Pokemon
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3002
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2922
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2923
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2924
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2925
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=2993
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3020

There are files included that will add Project Pokemon to MSE. These may not have all the latest updates to MSE. I suggest adding the Project Pokemon sections to your MSE instead of replacing your MSE files.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old September 10th, 2011, 11:51 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Question:

Is it possible to edit my online name, master of disaster? I'd like to capitalize two letters and have it read Master of Disaster, instead.

Any help would be much appreciated .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's