Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 28th, 2016, 11:42 AM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker
Re: Do you still recommend this game?

Well like normal HeroScape it is not hard to start building customs both figures and cards I converted two of my OLD MTG decks to AotP and think things played out well. I have also played a few AotP vs HeroScape forces and it worked out well. So for someone who has little Scape the even cardboard land would be a boost and proxi anything else you need. You can see some of my works on my other posts..Right now I am working on rebuilding the Werewolves into a functional Force ..Have always loved the figures but they play crappy ..ESP. the Dumuteff Guard ..It is becoming the Volfengaurd in my world ..So just remember you can rebuild figures you do have just by making card variants..

ALL ARE ONE
Old May 15th, 2016, 01:06 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

I now have the AotP master set. With just a couple of games under my belt I am now wondering if I should purchase the expansion. Is the expansion worth paying full price for? I don't see any deals on it currently and am not sure if it adds enough to make it worth it.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 15th, 2016, 01:11 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
I now have the AotP master set. With just a couple of games under my belt I am now wondering if I should purchase the expansion. Is the expansion worth paying full price for? I don't see any deals on it currently and am not sure if it adds enough to make it worth it.
I would pay up to $20 for it.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 15th, 2016, 08:16 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
I would pay up to $20 for it.
Thanks. I'll give it a week or two and if I don't see any bargains I'll go for it.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 19th, 2016, 01:22 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
It gives you more units to play with and changes it up a little. Just a little.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 28th, 2016, 10:08 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

Well it's $17 on Amazon with free prime shipping. I haven't played Heroscape in years but it's hard to pass up at that price.
Old May 29th, 2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
Well it's $17 on Amazon with free prime shipping. I haven't played Heroscape in years but it's hard to pass up at that price.
I did end up getting the expansion too but I paid full price at a local store.

Old May 30th, 2016, 07:17 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Me too. Very pricey for what you get but the expansion has some good stuff.

We just played the 3v1 Ruiner scenario. It was fun.

The Ruiner won with 6 Life left but we played on a smaller map(4 instead of 6 pieces), so that was a factor and I messed up early allowing the Ruiner to take the +1 Attack Glyph.

My friend just ordered the starter set and I picked up an extra for myself.

No common squads makes this game really fun.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 30th, 2016, 10:16 AM

Sounds like fun. I have not had a chance to even try out the expansion yet.

I am wondering what impact common squads are going to have on the game when the next expansion comes out this fall. Right now, like you, I am enjoying not having common squads.

Old May 30th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

If Heroscape has taught me anything, common squads ruin a good game.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 30th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

To be honest, I find "squad-scape" and "Unique Scape" to be very different games in the same way Classic and Super Scape are different. They all use the same rules, but they play very different, which is cool.

For me the most "Fun" is drafting 3-4 cards in a 400 point army all unique. I appreciate the tactical nature of having 3-4 of the same squad facing off or the pleasure of having a figures like Hulk and Thor throw down, but for me the original master set, set the stage for my favorite method of play, which is very similar to how AotP was introduced. I'm not really looking forward to common squads, and My wallet isn't either.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old May 31st, 2016, 12:50 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
If Heroscape has taught me anything, common squads ruin a good game.
I see this sentiment a lot and I don't really understand it. Almost all of my favorite armies are a healthy mix of unique heroes and common squads.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion